Flops

reform admin applications

hi everyone these are my opinions on the current admin application system

requirements 

Perhaps you could add a part that says "Should be an active figure in the community" (which is obviously open to interpretation) - I believe admins should always be established community figures and known by the playerbase 

On top of this, if possible, I recommend that the current admin applications operate on a system where a current admin must recommend an applicant, preventing a large portion of troll retard apps and facilitating interactions between the players and admins! This would also ensure that at the very least ONE admin is familiar with the player since I also believe that all admin applicants should be very well acquainted with current admins.

The application itself

After reading some 50 something admin applications over the years I've realized that many of the admin apps just say the same exact shit - "Make the server a more friendly place," "Stop micspam and autism," etc etc

I would like the admin applications to actually be unique and realistic - the amount of clowns promising to reform the entire server or claiming that the server changed their life is actually ridiculous. 

Some real examples -

" I don't want to lose GFL CSGO ZE. I wish to give back to the server for all the memories and friends it has given me."

" GFL has become a place of refuge for me. "

"Supporting this server in more ways than one has always been something I wanted to do, because I have seen how much joy it brings to the hundreds of people that play on the server. "

calm down nerds lmfao this is a zombie gamemode server on counter strike

I think the current questions should be changed or new questions added so that more of the applicant's personality and qualifications are shown, cause the current questions just invite the same repetitive shit to be repeated.

Perhaps add questions asking for real qualifications, such as past experience with an admin position or maybe irl jobs

ANYTHING TO MAKE APPLICATIONS SHOW REAL PERSONALITY, HEART, AND PASSION

thanks for reading retard

On a game not unlike this one, on a server not that far away, in a time long ago, I was an admin for a gaming server.   And what I can tell you after many years with the Fuck Around Gang that it's a  tedious and uninspiring job and the less admins the better.   Don't be hurt went they don't pick you, you maybe great for the job but the job may not be good for you.     Just be positive. 

And I don't think I've had a job yet where being a gaming server admin came in handy, not even being a supervisor.  

1 hour ago, Afugy said:

On a game not unlike this one, on a server not that far away, in a time long ago, I was an admin for a gaming server.   And what I can tell you after many years with the Fuck Around Gang that it's a  tedious and uninspiring job and the less admins the better.   Don't be hurt went they don't pick you, you maybe great for the job but the job may not be good for you.     Just be positive. 

And I don't think I've had a job yet where being a gaming server admin came in handy, not even being a supervisor.  

what the fuck are you talking about? Not a single thing that you said is relevant to this post

I think apps should be a private discussion for admins and candidates and not a public meme fest like they have become 

also, I have been feeling really good lately, and thinking about applying for admin....

Just make admin apps private. I know it sucks there will be no more meme apps anymore but it's nothing crazy. Hide the applicants post from the public, just show the name to the public to whoever made the application and allow reactions and or comments for members/the community in how they feel about the person, but just keep the juicy long paragraphs to admin eyes only. Something along those lines.

6 minutes ago, Some ze guy said:

Just make admin apps private. I know it sucks there will be no more meme apps anymore but it's nothing crazy. Hide the applicants post from the public, just show the name to the public to whoever made the application and allow reactions and or comments for members/the community in how they feel about the person, but just keep the juicy long paragraphs to admin eyes only. Something along those lines.

thats retarded

if youre going to show the name and date might as well show the post, not sure if thats even possible with the forum software being used

Posted  Edited by Some ze guy
17 minutes ago, Malal said:

thats retarded

if youre going to show the name and date might as well show the post, not sure if thats even possible with the forum software being used

How is that even retarded? It's a suggestion. How is anything going to be solved if people can't throw suggestions out, and just call it retarded? That's why I said something along those lines. I'm just giving some ideas. No shit if it's going to be retarted, they ain't facts.

Edited by Some ze guy

1 hour ago, Some ze guy said:

How is that even retarded?

Why would you hide the post from the public but allow people to see if someone applies, it does literally nothing but make admin applications more secretive and distances the players from the staff, there is no benefit to it.

1 hour ago, Some ze guy said:

How is anything going to be solved if people can't throw suggestions out

You can throw suggestions out, you can also have people give their mind about it.

17 hours ago, reduct said:

We did consider admin sponsorship at one point but I think that may result in a lot of dick sucking. 

I think that admins are more than capable of determining when that’s happening, and they can make their own judgements if that happens. Obviously there is a fine line, but who the hell cant tell that someone is going overboard with dick sucking? 

18 hours ago, Malal said:

Why would you hide the post from the public but allow people to see if someone applies, it does literally nothing but make admin applications more secretive and distances the players from the staff, there is no benefit to it.

As stated above, the whole point is to stop meme apps from being created...

Someone is much more likely to keep their app serious if it is only between them and the admins.

Posted  Edited by Vauff
5 hours ago, Flops said:

I think that admins are more than capable of determining when that’s happening, and they can make their own judgements if that happens. Obviously there is a fine line, but who the hell cant tell that someone is going overboard with dick sucking? 

Sure that's true, but enough dick sucking happens as is, it's annoying and I wouldn't want to deal with more of it because people want a sponsor.

I agree with the other points in your post though.

Edited by Vauff