west177

Slays/Reports

To remove or keep reporting system  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should the system stay?

• Remove
    • Keep

Posted  Edited by west177

You currently have a system where if you get reported you are forced to stay on the server until amod gets on. thats a good idea in all, but you dont have the staff to be on 24/7, meaning when i play and get a usless report against me i cant leave for like 5 hrs because there is no mod prescence. So my suggestion is to remove this system.

Edited by west177

Actually that's false. It's your decision to stay on the server or not. If you don't want to be punished, you could join the discord letting them know why you left and why there's a report against you. If you do leave a message to them, they possibly won't ban you but just add slay instead. But usually if you leave the server, it literally means you're avoiding punishment. But if you're in the right, you won't get punish so you can leave. 

You can leave on your decision, but if you get punish, that's on you. This is the discord group: http://discord.me/gflgmod

Let the admins know who you are/steamid/profile so that they know you mean no harm of why you're logging off and hopefully they don't punish you. There's a channel for each server, so post in the appropriate one if necessary.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

so what your saying is that i have to get on discord talk to a mod tell them, oh look i was reported and you didnt show up for 5 hours so im getting off. yea no thats utter bullshit, there is no need for me to waste my time to go tell your mods how to do their job.

7 hours ago, Bae said:

Actually that's false. It's your decision to stay on the server or not. If you don't want to be punished, you could join the discord letting them know why you left and why there's a report against you.

Apparently some clarification is needed.

No one is telling you to stay on the server. In fact, the general rule of thumb is to focus on reports from the last round and the current round (except in certain cases, like Mass RDM, for example). What was offered here was advice, nothing more. If you choose not to follow it then that is on you.

Second, I would point out that the "mods" are not paid, so referring to it as a job is a bit of a stretch. All admins take on the role, in every server, with no pay whatsoever. They are the trusted frontline who are there to maintain order on their respective server, but that is with what time they are able to give.

I can understand your reasoning, but I would also mention that explaining yourself in your reply for the report is the next best thing. Admins can go and review the logs to see which party is in the wrong.

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png

Says who that you have to stay on the server if there is report on you?

I remember being reported ton of times and that I didn't get slayed or punishment. The admins will have to review the report during rounds but I think that the admin will have to do it in that map round. 

But what I know of is that you don't get like punishment if you just RDM ,somebody reported you and then leave (unless the person reports you up on the forums, then yea). That would like cause some issues that like "WHY I'M WAS SLAYED FOR" or "I DIDN'T DO RDM", and most likely lead up to admin abuse report when in reality; nobody can show evidance. 

143068bf65422d15.gif.a4fec75c1555410601df14ff72e91bb9.gif

Why the hell would you ever get rid of slays? It's not our fault you messed up and got punished lmao. Don't come on here bitching about a perfectly fine system. Don't like the slay?  Talk to the admin and see if they'll let you leave without rdm and leave if you got shit going on irl. Simple.