rapperdan

improved logo

Posted  Edited by rapperdan

Well since it seems I can't pm some of you I would like to show you guys the improvements I had someone make on your logo. feel free to say what you think. 7x0GoD1.png

Improvements on this concept aQk130P.png.ab40a9b709ec23125402cbf05a22ca51.png.27cac69648677e53c9fb00df180df441.png

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

1 minute ago, Joshy said:

What's the middle red dash for?

Not sure I think it's just to keep the faze feel that it had. Again I did not make it. It's to make this aQk130P.png.ab40a9b709ec23125402cbf05a22ca51.png.81ede7d9fc86132f57ffb0e98206ce45.png readable

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

4 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

Not sure I think it's just to keep the faze feel that it had. Again I did not make it. It's to make this aQk130P.png.ab40a9b709ec23125402cbf05a22ca51.png.81ede7d9fc86132f57ffb0e98206ce45.png readable

The dash in that image is clearly a part of the 'L', and so preserving the dash in your current image is...  I think it's silly.  Sorry.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

1 minute ago, Joshy said:

The dash in that image is clearly a part of the 'L', and so preserving the dash in your current image is...  I think it's silly.  Sorry.

Ty I will talk to the person who made it and request improvements.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Posted  Edited by QiadoxSkel
13 minutes ago, Joshy said:

This was just blind following of the style am already renderring a new version without it.

I'll go ahead and edit it into this post when its done.

http://imgur.com/a/Enln1

For reference these can be resized and recolored in a similar manner to traditional vectored images. It just requires more technical knowledge.

Edited by QiadoxSkel

Former CSGO Deathrun Admin

Former CSGO TTT Manager

Just now, QiadoxSkel said:

This was just blind following of the style am already renderring a new version without it.

I'll go ahead and edit it into this post when its done.

Ty I did not think you wanted to be known.

Achievements

Just now, rapperdan said:

Ty I did not think you wanted to be known.

I didn't want to be a part of your berating of the creative team. I'm fine with being known as the one who created it

Former CSGO TTT Manager

Just now, Joshy said:

I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but if the only thing you're going to request change is the dash, then it's an easy fix:

Hide contents

DOu0Nx4.png

Like I said it was only made to improve aQk130P.png.ab40a9b709ec23125402cbf05a22ca51.png.61e77bec0341ecd9bc77f66078914775.png And keep the original concept they had.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: response to leks; inserted "bad" into second sentence

Another suggestion I'd like to make is incorporating something isotropic.  Something GFL has compared to other communities is support for multiple games, and so I always really liked seeing things like circles or many sided polygons...  I personally interpreted it as the many sides of GFL although I'm sure people don't look into meaning or analyze things as much as I like to do.

edit:

10 minutes ago, Leks said:

Hey, that looks okay. 
Why don't we make a GFL Logo contest and see who makes the best one, for us to wear with pride as an avatar?!

I don't think that's a bad idea, but are there enough people interested to be contestants?  A collaborative might not be a bad idea either.

I'm not sure why Dan had to repeat himself.  I didn't say anything that indicated a misunderstanding.

Edited by Joshy
response to leks; inserted "bad" into second sentence

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

3 minutes ago, Leks said:

Hey, that looks okay. 
Why don't we make a GFL Logo contest and see who makes the best one, for us to wear with pride as an avatar?!

I think that would be a great idea and would promote competition to make the best GFL logo.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Just now, Rosmarinus said:

GFL logo contest?

Here's my entry 

20170722_185832.png.9432bc384480210f068a29b9493b71ce.png

if that would be made, mocking/low effort entries would not be considered......

yeah.gif

Posted  Edited by QiadoxSkel - Edit Reason: Clarified post
6 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Another suggestion I'd like to make is incorporating something isotropic.  Something GFL has compared to other communities is support for multiple games, and so I always really liked seeing things like circles or many sided polygons...  I personally interpreted it as the many sides of GFL although I'm sure people don't look into meaning or analyze things as much as I like to do.

I already made these two images for dan. I would likely do something like what you suggested if there were a contest.

http://imgur.com/a/Enln1

here are all the revisions I've already made

Edited by QiadoxSkel
Clarified post

Former CSGO TTT Manager

5 minutes ago, Joshy said:

I don't think that's a bad idea, but are there enough people interested to be contestants?  A collaborative might not be a idea either.

We have a quite big Creative Team, and, even outside of the creative team there's plenty of artists wishing to have a chance in the spotlight! 
I don't see why not :D

yeah.gif

In the dashless version I reworked the way the coloring was done to produce a more consistent logo color across the two variations

these can be viewed in solitude here: http://imgur.com/a/II9Rx

Let me know if you guys like this look better.

Former CSGO TTT Manager