Dead_Soul

WILL MURDER BE SAVED?!

2 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

i think we have to face the facts that Murder is done for

I would agree with you, but I am not willing to give up on it, because I told @Winter that I would try to help it out, and I stand by what I said, even if it seems like a lost cause. It would not be the first seemingly lost cause I fought for, I simply hope I can help in some way to not have this server meet the same or similar fate as them.

I've been brain storming small ideas that I think will give some help, I mean, it won't help reach popularity instantly, but it's the small things in life. First off we all know there is someone who is going to have some loading issues, so why not entiertain them a little, like put music in the loading screen along with a little game you can play like a maze or even pac man, because think about it, how many times has someone faced the loading screen issue?

Most people leave if it's just a dull picture, but sometimes people will wait it out for the music, I know I have. There are a lot of people who like to pose as admins as well which is a problem because they start barking orders to people who will follow them because they don't want to be banned, and to stop this problem you should list all authority figures on the loading screen so they will have a list on who are the actual enforcers. Speaking of which I think the administrators should have their own work schedule because a lot of the problems caused are because an admin left the server, and/or wasn't on maybe you guys can create a steam group and assign hours, shifts, and what not because organization is key, and @Winter , I give you "Mad Props" because from what I heard managing the servers can be a shit show, and im glad to have you manage them.

I've been on the server as a regular and rdming is a problem, I admit "The Button" is fun to mess around with but it has to go or be stopped because of how many times people have used it just for the laughs, and I admit most of those times were probably me on both ends. I have a suggestion for the Redrum mechanics as well, like when you get down to the last minute it should show a compass or something to track the remaining survivors, or perhaps for the people who go on a murder spree and kill all but lets say two, I've faced this problems so many times, because I don't know how much time has passed or how much time I have, nor how many people I've killed or how many are alive, and if you didn't understand that jumbled mess it basically says create a kill count, and a timer.

Another problem is the unstuck command, not very many know about it, but we all know people including myself have abused it... It need's to go because all it does is create prolonged matches, and people get fussy and quit. Speaking of the fussy quitting thing, there needs to be a better system for Afk's.... There have been so many times that a match has started with only afks and an admin is required. but there never was one until an hour later because there was no schedule going back to my earlier suggestion.

Look, I'm just suggesting things because I love those servers, if you look on GameTracker.com you will see I've spent a lot of time on the mc server, I have a reputation there, a family, and friends. It really sucks that we'd have to suggest things for it to stay alive, but you do what you have to.

I believe the problem doesn't lie with getting people to join and play. It lies within getting people to want to stay and come back. Its easy to get people to join when you have a few admins at hand to populate the server. But they always leave. and then I never see them again. So I think the problem is making the server "likeable" enough for people to want to stay.

2 hours ago, Soviet_nazi said:

I believe the problem doesn't lie with getting people to join and play. It lies within getting people to want to stay and come back. Its easy to get people to join when you have a few admins at hand to populate the server. But they always leave. and then I never see them again. So I think the problem is making the server "likeable" enough for people to want to stay.

In that case we need memes....Lots and lots of memes

But in all actuality. Me and @DraugrNaught were able to easily get the server up to 9 or 10 people last night by just being on the server. But then. they slowly just started to leave, until the server was all staff and regulars, and no new people were there anymore.

1 hour ago, Soviet_nazi said:

But in all actuality. Me and @DraugrNaught were able to easily get the server up to 9 or 10 people last night by just being on the server. But then. they slowly just started to leave, until the server was all staff and regulars, and no new people were there anymore.

Same here,

I bought in @DoctorDJ and a lot of people came on but it didn't last more than an hour. I guess, we need more than just that to populate. We select one server, and we all go on it and see how well it'll go from there. 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Last night the server had around Fifteen people on General Rotation. There is many ways to keep this server alive and the best way is to invite friends so it can build up population and then more and more other users join. Or you can just get @Winter to join then everyone starts joining because of how popular he is. :xD:

GFL Current and Former Positions:

GFL Media Team Graphic Arts

Former GMod Deathrun (US) Senior-Admin

Former GMod Prop Hunt (US) Admin

Former GMod Jailbreak (US) Trial-Admin

Former GMod Breach Admin

Former GMod Hide and Seek Admin

STEAM Profile
YouTube || GFLClan || GameTracker || Discord: Lynx#9968

ZssHI1C.jpg

GUxvRJS.jpg

~Made by the lovely @Rose::x: Thanks. <3

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Gekkota_ - Edit Reason: Spelling Error. >.<

Sounds  like a great idea, @Bae. Let's add that to Tips and Tricks on how to get people to join your server. :lenny: 

Edited by Gekkota_
Spelling Error. >.<

GFL Current and Former Positions:

GFL Media Team Graphic Arts

Former GMod Deathrun (US) Senior-Admin

Former GMod Prop Hunt (US) Admin

Former GMod Jailbreak (US) Trial-Admin

Former GMod Breach Admin

Former GMod Hide and Seek Admin

STEAM Profile
YouTube || GFLClan || GameTracker || Discord: Lynx#9968

ZssHI1C.jpg

GUxvRJS.jpg

~Made by the lovely @Rose::x: Thanks. <3

Achievements

4 hours ago, Bae said:

Same here,

I bought in @DoctorDJ and a lot of people came on but it didn't last more than an hour. I guess, we need more than just that to populate. We select one server, and we all go on it and see how well it'll go from there. 

bae i cant populate all servers :lenny: but i guess ill try again 

11 minutes ago, Bae said:

What you mean no? No to populate murder? Or no to our silly ideas?

I meant No to Murder being saved. :lenny: 

759110999_GFLSignature.png.5f98a0d75491ad7bc17aaf7a35c1f7bf.png

Thank you @AceOfSpadesMM for the signature! Very much appreciated.

And when the server disconnected for a moment, it lobbed off half of who was there, and they didn't bother to reconnect. Only problem is it might take hours before someone joins though if its only 1-2 people. A lot of the time, the server is shoved to the bottom of the search list (if internet permits it to be seen at all that day) so until it has enough to be seen, its difficult to get others to join without having to invite others.