LitTwix

TF2Ware Bug Reports and Suggestions

Posted  Edited by Burts

Leave your suggestions and if you see a bug or issue with the server please explain it here! Pretty much the title says it all!

Edited by Burts

mISAKA.PNG.7ae08e296fce84289eed8af14dfeb020.PNG

• Ben pinned this topic

The tf2ware server i noticed seems to make me drop frame rates idk if this is on my end or if its the servers.. i but i feel that the server has sooo much stuff going on at once that it tends to sort of "clash" where things are running into each other and slowing down the smoothness of the game play idk if theres anything we can do to stop this but i certainly hope so. Aswell i saw that the "targets" :shoot the barrel: the barrel would be flying thru the air and i would go to shoot it and it would just chop over like 4"'s or so this is an example of the choppiness im trying to show. I really beleive that if theres a way to put a small timer in between each game that the 5 econds or whatever you put in would allow the server to rest momentarily and it would smooth out some of the bugs. food for thought :3 <3 

Hello this is about the play time and round tie of each of the mini games in side of ware, i played here for about 10 minutes.. and in the short ammount of time i was here i noticed the rounds go by wayyyy to fast and theres not really a time inbetween the rounds, i feel that the entire time you play here you just speed through the entire game. its not a very pleasing feeling it feels rushed and cheap... i propose a 5 second timer inbetween the mini games if possible let you cool down for a second before jumping instantly into another game you know.. secondly some of these games you spawn and in a split second the round ends and your just kinda like... wait what just happened, youll feel confused..... im pretty sure this sint supposed to be like this but then again what do i know haha :D anyways i hope this helps who ever is in charge of this server ill continue to pop by and locate bugs and place them here as i see em. 

Posted  Edited by Burts

Some minigames just start off without telling you what to do. Some minigames, you can finish and beat them but still it'll randomly count as a fail. 

I'll be adding more onto this, just not at the moment.

Also getting higher in rankings on gametracker.

server_rank.php?GSID=2771857

Edited by Burts

I noticed the Ware rank.. it seems sexist to me. [TF2WareRank] The winner is: The festive velociraptor[aruce9. This is his first victory. we should change this too [TF2WareRank] "The winner is: The festive velociraptor[aruce9. This is *there first victory!" you never know someone could be transgender and take offence to both his and hers... 

Im suggesting we input !Bhop into the server as well, Alot of our surf players enjoy the plugin so much theve stated "this is my favorite server i play here because of your bhop plugin it is the smoothest and easiest plugin iv ever seen i love it" as well iv heard many other positive reveiws iv still to the day yet to receive a single negative reveiw of it, i feel that putting bhop in ware will boost its rankings and bring in new players and give players yet another reason to come back and play. 

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 1:50 AM, SouRD said:

Hello this is about the play time and round tie of each of the mini games in side of ware, i played here for about 10 minutes.. and in the short ammount of time i was here i noticed the rounds go by wayyyy to fast and theres not really a time inbetween

If you feel this way after only 10 minutes of playing TF2Ware, then it simply isn't a gamemode that's meant for you. If your suggestion was implemented, then the population would sink like a rock since people come to TF2Ware for the fast paced action. That's literally the entire point of the mode.

1 hour ago, SouRD said:

Im suggesting we input !Bhop into the server as well, Alot of our surf players enjoy the plugin so much theve stated "this is my favorite server i play here because of your bhop plugin it is the smoothest and easiest plugin iv ever seen i love it"

A few examples of minigames that would be ruined by bhopping:

Survive Boss Round (Scout)

Survive Boss Round (Spy)

Frogger

Ghostbusters (can also be used for map exploits)

Anything that takes place in the pinball machine

Get to the End (Heavy platformer)

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

I have to apologise for not replying her earlier. I've been rather busy with ill family whom are thankfully much better now.

On 13/07/2016 at 1:49 AM, SouRD said:

The tf2ware server i noticed seems to make me drop frame rates

There's not much I can do about that. This would mean I would have to edit the map to make it more optimised, which I can do, but the map is so complicated with triggers/teleport locations/entity spawners almost everywhere I'll end up destroying the map by accidentally deleting the wrong thing and the game mode will just stop working. Though, I'm running a pretty low end laptop and the map is running fine for me. Head onto a Casual Server with 24/24 people on the server and see if you get frame loss there. If so, it's probably not the map and it's your computer.

On 13/07/2016 at 1:49 AM, SouRD said:

I really beleive that if theres a way to put a small timer in between each game that the 5 econds

There is. There's a "Speed up" round in most of the mini games.

On 13/07/2016 at 1:50 AM, SouRD said:

i feel that the entire time you play here you just speed through the entire game.

Many of the mini games are genuinely supposed to be fast passed. I think @Shuruia summed it up pretty well.

15 hours ago, Burts said:

Some minigames just start off without telling you what to do.

I am aware of such an issue and I've been trying to find a solution for a while now. It's for two mini games, Treasure Hunt (Uses the same map as the Avoid the Shark game) and Beat the Heavy (which uses the pinball machine map). I've been in contact with the game developer and he's not experiencing the same issue. I've taken a good long look at the server to try and figure out the problem but I still can't find the issue so if push comes to shove I'll reinstall the game mode onto the server and see if that works.

15 hours ago, Burts said:

Some minigames, you can finish and beat them but still it'll randomly count as a fail. 

Can you tell me which minigames? There are quite a few out there that you can easily miss by half a second so you think you've completed it when infact you haven't.

7 hours ago, SouRD said:

I noticed the Ware rank.. it seems sexist to me. [TF2WareRank] The winner is: The festive velociraptor[aruce9. This is his first victory.

I don't think that's really such a big issue and you're nit picking at the moment. Though, if others find it offensive then I'll change it.

7 hours ago, SouRD said:

Im suggesting we input !Bhop

@Shuruia summed that up nicely for me as well.

11f4263ab6c30a3489f8db3145340861.png

So everyone is listing their former stuff so I'll just be cool and list mine :3

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player

Posted  Edited by Burts
On 7/14/2016 at 5:42 AM, Snoopy said:

Can you tell me which minigames? There are quite a few out there that you can easily miss by half a second so you think you've completed it when infact you haven't.

Don't Stop Moving - I sometimes get killed even though I was moving.

That one minigame where you have to build as an engineer, It sometimes will not let me build a sentry cause I spawn not having enough to build it.

That one minigame where you have to kill the heavy before he gets to the end doesn't tell you what to do and seems almost to impossible to kill before he gets there.

Finding the treasure chest, sometimes the treasure spawns on the sand and not in the water so nobody will find it.

Should also go through the minigames and make sure they all explain what to do, cause I find people all the time not understanding what to do. 

There's more than this but I'll just edit my post later.

~

Also is there more minigames than this cause I was checking these, TF2WareWiki and TF2WareAlliedMods and they seem to have a lot of minigames.

Edited by Burts

• 3 weeks later...

If you're spectating, you'll sometimes get put back into red/blue side. 

"TF2Ware: In this SPECIAL ROUND, you are not allowed to touch anyone!" - when you spawn to do the minigame, it'll sometimes kill a lot of people which is just annoying. 

also the minigame where the balls come down on you, I saw a guy go to the right side and just ride the wall somehow. 

Most of these things are to do with the mod so I will have to contact the developer again. 

I'll see if I can limit/remove the special round.

11f4263ab6c30a3489f8db3145340861.png

So everyone is listing their former stuff so I'll just be cool and list mine :3

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player