ThePlatinumBanana

Admin abuse

Sometimes full admins can be demoted to trial admin for abusing if it was a medium thing

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Depending on the severity. No admin should abuse in the first place, but the punishments vary depending on what the situation is.

If it's something small, it's more of a warning. If it's something medium, it can still be a warning. If it's bad, it can result in getting demoted to trial admin (if they're full admin) or losing their admin rank.

This can be different on each server. It's how the server manager deals with it.

original.gif

Achievements

It depends on the manager or DL. Some manager would like you to be demoted but it's not like it's forever... Well unless, you're me. I didn't exactly abused but my attitude was extremely bad way worse than dan. I'll share my experience so you don't make the same mistakes. 

I was admin on a lot of servers but due to my resignation on one of the servers, I was denied of access to come back for many reasons mostly because I resigned twice over the past months I've been an admin and I was extremely toxic toward players, I mean I don't understand why I need to be nice to people who constantly makes the same mistakes. The only server I was actually demoted was from Purge, I was trying my best to help someone and due to my toxicity I was rude to a player who was asking for help. At that time, I was using my mic for him to better understand. Well, we all know when girls use their microphones especially if you have a young boy tone of voice, you get harassed. So the player was making fun of my voice while I was trying to help him and that I shouldn't be admin when "I am a 8 year old boy" per his statement. Until I found out that he was testing me to see if I would abuse my powers since someone reported me previously for doing that when I was dragging someone from breaking NLR but others saw it as abuse. I couldn't handle it anymore and just raged at him. That's when the manager, Shiny popped out of nowhere and told me to go do something else instead. He handle the guy and I watched and he actually pay attention to the manager. It made me so mad to the point that the next I knew... I was demoted. I raged at the people for there stupidity just be demoting me for disrespect yet none of the other admins who were doing the same thing were demoted. I left and moved on, then I came back and I tried my best to change. I found out that the Manager and Head admin that went against me was demoted for abuse of power and bias. Of course, the head admin was given a chance to start over. I was being trained to not be toxic under the help from one of new head admins after new management and head admins were chosen. I learned to not be toxic from them and when I start or attempt to be toxic, he would give me a minus point (grading system). So when I want to be like rude, instead of fuck it turns into fudge. I did applied for admin then to come back, one side didn't want me to be admin and the other side want me to be admin. It was absolute cancer. They were making votes based on my past behavior but not my current behavior. Yes, there were still admins from previous that were toxic as well and, they finally made a rule after I joined in that no admins should be disrespectful toward players at all from now on. I was an example pretty much. A lot of the admins at that time quit because well, its better to leave than get demoted. So I got my second chance on just one server and was never given one ever again.

So to conclude, behavior is #1 in any admin situation. Despite the fact that I am blacklisted from applying on any Gmod servers from the Gmod Division Leader's power, I'll still help them in anyway I can; even if I'm not there. 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

9 minutes ago, Bae said:

It depends on the manager or DL. Some manager would like you to be demoted but it's not like it's forever... Well unless, you're me. I didn't exactly abused but my attitude was extremely bad way worse than dan. I'll share my experience so you don't make the same mistakes. 

Reveal hidden contents

I was admin on a lot of servers but due to my resignation on one of the servers, I was denied of access to come back for many reasons mostly because I resigned twice over the past months I've been an admin and I was extremely toxic toward players, I mean I don't understand why I need to be nice to people who constantly makes the same mistakes. The only server I was actually demoted was from Purge, I was trying my best to help someone and due to my toxicity I was rude to a player who was asking for help. At that time, I was using my mic for him to better understand. Well, we all know when girls use their microphones especially if you have a young boy tone of voice, you get harassed. So the player was making fun of my voice while I was trying to help him and that I shouldn't be admin when "I am a 8 year old boy" per his statement. Until I found out that he was testing me to see if I would abuse my powers since someone reported me previously for doing that when I was dragging someone from breaking NLR but others saw it as abuse. I couldn't handle it anymore and just raged at him. That's when the manager, Shiny popped out of nowhere and told me to go do something else instead. He handle the guy and I watched and he actually pay attention to the manager. It made me so mad to the point that the next I knew... I was demoted. I raged at the people for there stupidity just be demoting me for disrespect yet none of the other admins who were doing the same thing were demoted. I left and moved on, then I came back and I tried my best to change. I found out that the Manager and Head admin that went against me was demoted for abuse of power and bias. Of course, the head admin was given a chance to start over. I was being trained to not be toxic under the help from one of new head admins after new management and head admins were chosen. I learned to not be toxic from them and when I start or attempt to be toxic, he would give me a minus point (grading system). So when I want to be like rude, instead of fuck it turns into fudge. I did applied for admin then to come back, one side didn't want me to be admin and the other side want me to be admin. It was absolute cancer. They were making votes based on my past behavior but not my current behavior. Yes, there were still admins from previous that were toxic as well and, they finally made a rule after I joined in that no admins should be disrespectful toward players at all from now on. I was an example pretty much. A lot of the admins at that time quit because well, its better to leave than get demoted. So I got my second chance on just one server and was never given one ever again.

So to conclude, behavior is #1 in any admin situation. Despite the fact that I am blacklisted from applying on any Gmod servers from the Gmod Division Leader's power, I'll still help them in anyway I can; even if I'm not there. 

I completely agree with Bae here. Attitude and behavior matter. Heck, I got demoted before because my behavior and attitude weren't up to par with their standards. So trust me, don't start being a dick to players for no reason, it will bite yah in the back later on. :P

de247ln-88ce2fb2-8f7c-4f43-b129-1e2919f9

Just like what others say, it really depends on what action you did and how was your attitude. If it’s by mistaken, either a warning will be applied. Intentionally abusing is automatic demotion. Acting rude towards players will place a suspension for at least 2 weeks or so 

76561198043643390.png

I think that it all matters about how the admin first applies to become admin honestly, if said admin abuser has never been admin on any other game or server then that admin will most likely abuse and he or she's admin rank will be taken away :)

15 hours ago, xSaltyGamerx said:

I think that it all matters about how the admin first applies to become admin honestly, if said admin abuser has never been admin on any other game or server then that admin will most likely abuse and he or she's admin rank will be taken away :)

I had to disagree with you there buddy. Whether they had experience or not, people will lie even if you want them to tell the truth. Abusing power is more upon behavior. It is the way you handle things not the way you use your power. Per say, I constantly did gag rounds but others or even other admins believe that's admin abuse. Technically it is, but they're following the basic rule of mic spam, especially when the whole server is doing it.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements