tf2

i've been told that back in the day gfl had tf2 servers. can we get them back?

1 minute ago, No Cancer RP said:

I think there is little chance of getting them back because if I remember correctly nobody really played on them.

oh

Valve killed the game for community servers. We may consider getting a server in the game again in the future. Though, we will need dedicated players/members for that. Otherwise, I'm sure the server will fail unfortunately :(

Thanks.

On 2/12/2018 at 12:39 AM, Yagyuu-chan said:

Instead of try to revive server in dying game why don't we try to build server in New game? High chance to get new members from there.

I agree, but what games do you have in mind? Unfortunately, a lot of popular games now-a-days doesn't even support community servers. With that said, Valve also hurt community servers in CS:GO to the point where it's extremely difficult to start a new server in the game regarding population. I feel the best "popular" games to expand into now-a-days are Garry's Mod, Rust, and perhaps Arma 3.

I've been trying to expand in smaller games that have less servers and so far, I think we've been successful. For example, look at our Call of Duty 4 server that has been very successful.

We also have servers in games such as Fistful of Frags and Pirates, Vikings, & Knights II. Although these game's player bases are small, there aren't many servers in the games. Therefore, populating a server isn't difficult in my opinion. Our FoF server does pretty well, but if we could find somebody dedicated, I feel we could do a lot better in FoF and PVKII along with recruiting new players into the community itself.

I plan to also start an expansion in Left 4 Dead (1/2) and Killing Floor (1/2). We're going to set up a few vanilla servers and so on just for people to play on and have a global ranking system between the servers to keep people wanting to come back. I recently tried putting up a Day of Defeat: Source server as well but after idling on it for a while, I realized it doesn't get many players. Though, if we found somebody dedicated to that server, we could have a bigger shot at successfully populating it.

If you have any other games in mind, please let me know. I also know people are going to suggest MineCraft which may be a possibility in the future as well once we find somebody promising that can lead the server correctly.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Roy said:

I agree, but what games do you have in mind? Unfortunately, a lot of popular games now-a-days doesn't even support community servers. With that said, Valve also hurt community servers in CS:GO to the point where it's extremely difficult to start a new server in the game regarding population. I feel the best "popular" games to expand into now-a-days are Garry's Mod, Rust, and perhaps Arma 3.

I've been trying to expand in smaller games that have less servers and so far, I think we've been successful. For example, look at our Call of Duty 4 server that has been very successful.

We also have servers in games such as Fistful of Frags and Pirates, Vikings, & Knights II. Although these game's player bases are small, there aren't many servers in the games. Therefore, populating a server isn't difficult in my opinion. Our FoF server does pretty well, but if we could find somebody dedicated, I feel we could do a lot better in FoF and PVKII along with recruiting new players into the community itself.

I plan to also start an expansion in Left 4 Dead (1/2) and Killing Floor (1/2). We're going to set up a few vanilla servers and so on just for people to play on and have a global ranking system between the servers to keep people wanting to come back. I recently tried putting up a Day of Defeat: Source server as well but after idling on it for a while, I realized it doesn't get many players. Though, if we found somebody dedicated to that server, we could have a bigger shot at successfully populating it.

If you have any other games in mind, please let me know. I also know people are going to suggest MineCraft which may be a possibility in the future as well once we find somebody promising that can lead the server correctly.

Thanks.

uhhh can you look into getting partnered with pubg? https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/11422-how-to-create-custom-servers/

Achievements

You know TF2 was my division back in the day. I had a bloody good staff team, both Admins and Managers, who worked very closely together. I hand picked a lot of my staff, trained them up and together we did repopulate our TF2 servers and we did so quite well. Over 6 months we brought 4 dead servers up to 20+ players daily with a lot of hard work and determination. Then Valve came along and brought out an update that solely focused on their new, yet also crap, match-making system that screwed over ALOT of small communities, including ours. It was a tough day when I had to write that post and announce the death of our TF2 servers. 

I'd do anything to get my servers back for GFL and populate them but there's no point seeing the way that Valve is moving with their match making system.

11f4263ab6c30a3489f8db3145340861.png

So everyone is listing their former stuff so I'll just be cool and list mine :3

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player

Posted  Edited by Moose
13 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

You know TF2 was my division back in the day. I had a bloody good staff team, both Admins and Managers, who worked very closely together. I hand picked a lot of my staff, trained them up and together we did repopulate our TF2 servers and we did so quite well. Over 6 months we brought 4 dead servers up to 20+ players daily with a lot of hard work and determination. Then Valve came along and brought out an update that solely focused on their new, yet also crap, match-making system that screwed over ALOT of small communities, including ours. It was a tough day when I had to write that post and announce the death of our TF2 servers. 

I'd do anything to get my servers back for GFL and populate them but there's no point seeing the way that Valve is moving with their match making system.

Our fucking tf2 servers were awesome.

I'd do anything to get them back to what they were like before that update. The team was amazing and I enjoyed every moment of it. I just wish valve wasn't so fucking retarded.

Even after being told to step down as manager as I was pretty useless, I still enjoyed the server until the end :D

Edited by Moose

48 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

I know you might hate me or something but there will always be a way to beat valve and screaming saying it's all your fault valve is something that we keep doing and it bothers me, let's be real here valve will not care for us no matter what so the options that leaves us is a very simple one, that anybody can do,

I'll say it a thousand times over and over and over again

"anyone can do what I do" but if you yell at something of which you have very minimal control over and say how I can not do anything and it's gods fault because screaming valve means you might aswell just be screaming to some god of war who is angry on mount olympus and destroyed your village and take 0 actions of which could solve the issue.

all anyone needs to do is play on a server and make sure to keep it as an enjoyable environment. anyone can do that no matter who they are and I am living proof that anyone can you do not need any title to make a server great all you need to do is spread a positive vibe and it spreads to others and enjoy the server you play on what that means is there is no time for any formation of hating anyone any grudges 1 person can spread joy to others and create a healthy environment and positive vibe that is then spread among others.

I'm sorry but when people scream valve and say fuck you it's your fault it just pains me to see people limit themselfs in such a way.

TL:DR do not look at a wall and say you can not pass it because there is a wall there find a hole in the damn wall improvise it is what makes humans excel in life and if you could just do just that and adapt and persevere where others do not that is what will seperate us from the pack and it is what we must do in order to stay alive.

Achievements

11 hours ago, Roy said:

Thanks.

Sad but true. Now-a-days some dev are only care with money not with communities.
Also Don't expand to Killing Floor 1. I went there once last year and it's nothing but a graveyard. If you browsing the server you will find empty server only. Idk about Killing Floor 2

Anyway what about  No More Room In Hell @Roy? A lot of ppl still play the No More Room In hell and dev is very friendly with the communities and they are now working with the 2nd one.
Seems legit to have new members there

6 hours ago, Yagyuu-chan said:

Sad but true. Now-a-days some dev are only care with money not with communities.
Also Don't expand to Killing Floor 1. I went there once last year and it's nothing but a graveyard. If you browsing the server you will find empty server only. Idk about Killing Floor 2

Anyway what about  No More Room In Hell @Roy? A lot of ppl still play the No More Room In hell and dev is very friendly with the communities and they are now working with the 2nd one.
Seems legit to have new members there

We've had a No More Room In Hell server in the past. The only issue I had with it was it would take a lot of resources from the zombies, etc. I do wonder if the developers have optimized the game or not though. I will look into it again :)

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Roy said:

We've had a No More Room In Hell server in the past. The only issue I had with it was it would take a lot of resources from the zombies, etc. I do wonder if the developers have optimized the game or not though. I will look into it again :)

Thanks!

They already optimized the 1st one with a lot of updates, but i haven't check it in game cause they also optimized the graphic that my pc can't take it unlike when they're still in beta.