flamingo

Flamingo Applying for Admin

Posted  Edited by flamingo - Edit Reason: Adding more things to prevent -1's

Name: Steam: flamingo Real: Carter Groves

Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:85914935
Play-time: Roughly 280 Hours
Admin sponsor: NOT LAW/LAW
Time Available and Time Zone: I usually play about 5 hours a day from Monday to Friday. But on weekends, I attempt to stay up late and play on the server. Also my time zone is CST.

Why do you want to become an admin?:
I felt like this server is fun, and full of nice people. I also thought that the server could use extra help, and I could help with a few things with the Jailbreak server. It would seem fun to have the powers of an admin, (not to abuse or anything, ofc) and I could actually get rid of people that are toxic/rude/any other thing. I also want to help others, so I can fix other peoples problems, to make the server a fun place to play in. If it were a large problem, I would make toxic/rule breaking players punished, so I'd gag/mute/warn/ban/kick them in order to keep GFL Jailbreak clean and friendly. I also know that people would rely on me, so I would have to be friendly, and help the community. I also think that people would have more fun on the server, because I'd fix and help everybody's issues. I really enjoy and like the server, and I want it to be like that for other people, by making them feel happy on the server. Becoming an admin is a large responsibility, and I know that I can take this job seriously and support and help the community.
Why should we accept you?:
I think I'm a nice person (also other people said that too), and people would accept me for being an admin. I want to make the server more improved, and make other feel more happy and welcome on the server when I might become admin. I think that I'd help many people with their issues, and with other people breaking rules, by disciplining them. I also think that I think i would make GFL Jailbreak a good place to play in. I also enjoy helping other people, and I'd like this sort of job. I'd have to be aware on how I can control certain situations, for example, a micspammer, a simple mute for 5-10 minutes would work. If I were an admin on the GFL Jailbreak server, I would attempt to help other players with their issues, so they won't break the rules, and I want them to understand and learn how the game works.
I started playing on GFL servers around  mid 2017, when I first met everybody on the Jailbreak server. Everybody seemed nice to me, and made me feel welcome to the server, so I decided to stay on this server for quite a while.
Extra information: Steam, Discord, Snapchat, Instagram, Messenger (PM me on Discord or Steam if you would like to know my Instagram, Snapchat, or Messenger numbers/usernames).
Edited by flamingo
Adding more things to prevent -1's

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Hey, First off I am gonna be neutral on this, also please go more in-depth into why you would like to be admin. 

Former: CSGO DL

Former: CSGO TTT Manager

For now, CONFIRMING SPONSORSHIP, will vote once you go in more depth like Bonkie Boi said

Former CSGO JB Admin

Former PVK Manager

Former Old CS:GO Jailbreak Event Coord

DO NOT BREAK THE LAW

Darkling.PNG.436ebf93eef74dd2d4b9bc646796716f.PNG

Posted  Edited by Worgee

You seem rather passive/neutral yourself

Please try to actually increase activity as you told me yourself and start befriending people on the server (also admins).

You have to consider everyone as friends or neutral to not be bias in a negative way nor positive since that's favoritism

Your application is simply lacking reasons to be admin besides the obvious. Do you have any ideas for improvement etc?

Neutral to -1

Edited by Worgee

Nerd

Achievements

For now, even though I am the one who sponsored you. I'm going to go with a Neutral leaning toward +1. My reasoning for this is that, as Moose said, you need to put effort into your application like I told you before you applied.

Former CSGO JB Admin

Former PVK Manager

Former Old CS:GO Jailbreak Event Coord

DO NOT BREAK THE LAW

Darkling.PNG.436ebf93eef74dd2d4b9bc646796716f.PNG

Posted  Edited by Moose - Edit Reason: Grammar

I will reply with a proper response.

Pros:

Somewhat active

Knows players

Knows staff

Decent understanding of rules.

Cons:

Recent activity has been inconsistent. get that up :D

Issues with the application. Seems more common sense to write in more depth than a few lines.

Low forum post count.

Improvements:

Maturity

Hours

My vote: Neutral

Edited by Moose
Grammar

Hey @flamingo, thank you for showing in interest in becoming part of the admin team.

My vote at this time will be Neutral leaning -1

Pros:

• TBD. I know we've played on the server at the same time, I yet to evaluate your potential to be an admin.

Cons:

• Low post count which suggests that you're not all too active on the forums
  • activity on the server is also inconsistent as Moose as said

Things to work on:

• Get the activity up on both the forums and the server! I also have to take the time to evaluate how you are on the server when I get the time to.

With that said, I wish you luck on the rest of your application!

If I see improvements, I will be happy to change my vote!

Greetings, @flamingo. Thank you for applying for admin and taking the time to write out this application. I would like to start things off by giving you a Neutral for now. I will list my reasons regarding my vote.

Pros:

• Friendly and approachable
  • Decent hours on JB
  • Fairly known in the JB community
  • Good CT and understanding of rules

Cons:

• Forum post count is low
  • Not very widespread in the GFL community as a whole
  • Can be toxic when things get out of hand

Things to work on:

• Controlling yourself when the server is crowded
  • Being capable of handling the job well, as it seems you are passive like Worgee said

Thank you again for applying, I wish you luck in the future of your application. I will change my vote once I have seen improvements.

Yours Sincerely,

Royce

Public Relations | GFL Moderator

Profile | Twitter | GameTracker | Steam | Email

Former CS:GO JB Admin/EC

Posted  Edited by Moose

Some tips to help you and a summary of what we want to see before we think you’re admin material:

You continue to play on the server and boost your activity

You demonstrate that you know the rules and are willing to help others

You get to know the admin team more

Have more of a positive impact in the JB community (not that it’s negetive, just be more known etc)

Try not to join in the toxic behaviour 

Get active on forums (dont post spam) 

More player reports

If you work on these points I am sure you will see more +1s and show us that you are capable of becoming an admin. 

Good Luck! 

-Moose

Edited by Moose

• 2 weeks later...