flyingjoe32

Temperature problems

Hi, I think my computer might be getting too hot when idle. Specs are included in the picture, so are the idle temps. Computer is new, assembled by a local store less then two weeks ago.

pc.PNG

big signature below

flyingjoes_signature.png

thanks you to @Aura

me.png

~~~made by @King_Wailord~~~

Looks fine and it really shouldn't be a problem. Important thing is that under stress its staying below 70C/80C

Posted  Edited by SwegBuster
10 hours ago, flyingjoe32 said:

Hi, I think my computer might be getting too hot when idle. Specs are included in the picture, so are the idle temps. Computer is new, assembled by a local store less then two weeks ago.

pc.PNG

https://www.google.com/?ion=1#q=what+is+31+celsius+in+fahrenheit

Your PC is fine. That temperature is normal when running.

Edited by SwegBuster

swegbuster1.png

Its normal BUT if you want it cooler  you can get a fan controller or just use MSI Afterburner. With Afterburner you can change your fans to run at a higher RPM if you want but it is fine. Also make sure you have ample room for the exhaust fan. 

If its just your CPU getting hot then look into getting Liquid Cooling or something like a Noctua Block.

I may give you stage 7 cancer 

4 hours ago, OGMartin said:

Its normal BUT if you want it cooler  you can get a fan controller or just use MSI Afterburner. With Afterburner you can change your fans to run at a higher RPM if you want but it is fine. Also make sure you have ample room for the exhaust fan. 

If its just your CPU getting hot then look into getting Liquid Cooling or something like a Noctua Block.

I read that manually setting the speed of your fans actually makes the fans worse in the long run.

big signature below

flyingjoes_signature.png

thanks you to @Aura

me.png

I wish my laptop ran at that temp, there have been times when my laptop has gotten so hot that my wrist developed heat rashes after an hour or so of use, I countered it with an aftermarket cooling fan/angle seat, she still gets warm but never to the extent of heat rashes, you could run the computer with its plates open with an aux fan (go to the dollarstore and buy a tiny cheap fan) blowing on it but if you dont like that idea and you have the cash I would go with liquid cooling or just make sure you clean it once a month

Achievements

Those temperatures are normal. Do you have the computer running in a closed room or do you have the room open? The build up of warm air in the room from the computer running in a closed area could contribute to the computer running warmer. Since it is summer, the computer temperature tends to runs warmer.

spacer.png

Thank you all for the responses. I went out and bought myself a "Cooler Master HYPER 212 EVO". Temperatures are much lower now.

big signature below

flyingjoes_signature.png

thanks you to @Aura

me.png

Something has gone bad. After starting Civilization V, I hear this horrible sound coming from my PC. The pitch changes depending on what menu I'm on (higher on main menu, lower in options). I read more about it and found out it's something called "coil whine". Is this possible from just installing a new CPU fan?

big signature below

flyingjoes_signature.png

thanks you to @Aura

me.png

read this an see if you can adjust your power output to it cause from what I read its cause of power demands and lack of getting said power

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1654959/gpu-coil-whine.html

this is where I gathered my information 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1094728/possible-fix-for-coil-whine

Achievements

3 minutes ago, Bouncing said:

read this an see if you can adjust your power output to it cause from what I read its cause of power demands and lack of getting said power

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1654959/gpu-coil-whine.html

this is where I gathered my information 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1094728/possible-fix-for-coil-whine

Thank you, changing it from Balanced to High Performance fixed it! Though it is a bit strange. Should I be worried if it ever comes back?

big signature below

flyingjoes_signature.png

thanks you to @Aura

me.png

you shouldnt be no, from what I read its just the new unit needed to draw more power then what the computer was giving it, I mean if worse comes to worse you may have to invest in a stronger power supply is all 

Achievements