TheeAngel

Admin abusing powers

Your In-Game Name: Angel

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:176795237

Mute Reason and Length: No reason given and for 30 minutes

Admin That Muted You: Morningstar

Appeal Reason: The admin muted me without warning, I was not being disruptive, racist, or anything like that. After he mutes me, he makes a remark about how he doesn't like US players, excuse me but this is a US server. Just because you don't like where I'm from doesn't give you the right to mute me. I support GFLClan and I don't mind donating every month. But I'm not going to play on a server and support it monetarily, if someone is going to mute me for their biased opinion. That's admin abuse at it's finest.

5 hours ago, Morningstar said:

i did said your mic is lound on skyrim lv 2 like right after the 3th door open

You never said this to me or to the other guy you muted. You just muted us and then starting making a joke of it in chat.

Posted  Edited by reduct

As promised, a response.

I've looked into the claims and also talked with @Morningstar.

Based on the text chat records during Skyrim, it seems Morningstar did indeed ask you to lower you mic during Lvl 2.

ad2df4a19c603572e36ecf61578158d8.png

From what I read and saw, it seems things were starting to get some what hectic and Morningstar was attempting to get control of the situation as the map being played at the time was of a higher difficulty and required a certain level of knowledge and team work/cooperation from the humans. The volume of your mic was overtaking other players mics and was also starting to distract others from listening to the leader (which was appointed to help give humans guidance). From what it seemed, there was a lot of noise coming from both you and perhaps others who were taking part in a conversation that was unfit for that span of time. 

Out of frustration that his plea for people to quiet themselves down since it was during a crucial time (transition from Lvl 4 to Lvl 5/last lvl), Morningstar (being as he himself is not North American) angrily asked "NA ppl [to] STFU". Now it seems that may or may not have triggered you because within a minute, you were muted for 30 mins.

4f4e617b6e90a880c2791e55684f2504.png

As this only logs text chat, I cannot 100% verify whether or not Morningstar used Voice Chat to ask you to lower you mic volume. But it seems either the messages didn't get to you or you chose to actively ignore his requests.

"Is this considered admin abuse?"

The answer is no.

"Why?"

Morningstar did ask you to lower your mic in text chat. He was trying within the best of his ability during that hectic moment to help the leader and the humans who were trying to win while juggling a bunch of people who were attempting to use some racist terms (which is not allowed within this server) in chat. A cherry on top would be someone who's mic volume was 3 times louder than the normal volume level mic user, ear-raping the 63 other players on the server. 

You can talk in server, you just gotta tweak your settings and be mindful of what your mic is doing in server. If an admin is telling you its too loud, maybe you should see why your mic is ear-raping others first before automatically jumping the gun and trying to attack others. 

I read you've played here for two weeks, have you read our MOTD yet?

Edited by reduct

Posted  Edited by DUSTY

He gagged me last week as well for 30 minutes because I asked why someone else was muted without a warning. Yes, that person was talking while someone else was leading but that person seemed new and there are better ways to handle it then an instant mute without any admin telling him to stop. That's also what mute rounds are for because we had tried that level 5 times and people were getting bored but god forbid anyone uses their mic. I asked why and was gagged (no reason given here either)

Can we also make admin reports more accessible I couldn't find it then and eventually decided that if I did post something like this I would just get a response saying just wait out your 30 minutes

*The person was muted earlier than this because they said his mic was bad. I didn't think it was terrible and asked why he was muted here as well. He came back with a better mic which lead to what happened above.

Edited by DUSTY

There is a GFL admin report as linked by Benroy above but those go through a different group of people.

If you think there is an admin abusing on CSGO ZE, you can always send your concerns via PMs on Discord, Steam or the forums to either me, @xSnowyAngel or @Vauff. Its more direct for those only playing on ZE. If you don’t say anything, we won’t always know or realize so if there is a concern, feel fre to let us know.

As for this thread, I would much rather us keep this thread on topic regarding this particular incident than have it become something of a witch hunt.

I haven't been playing for two weeks, I've been playing on this server for about a year now. Morningstar may have asked me to turn my mic down in text chat, but who even looks at the text chat during a zombies match. He never warned me or the other people over the mic and if we don't read chat that's like barking out an invisible order. And no, I did not get triggered by him saying can you NA people STFU. I didn't even know that he posted that, it was the other comment he made. It was after the mutes. I was muted for no reason and barking out commands in chat when half the people aren't even reading it, it's pointless. Not only that, but it was not a crucial time in the game, we were all just semi defending at the beginning of the map and multiple people including myself were having a conversation and there was no lead, no one was calling anything out during that time.