Ben

[POLL] Non-Minecraft maps

READ BEFORE VOTING  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add non-minecraft maps?

This poll is closed to new votes

First poll thread! Please read before voting.

I care about this server, and I want to attempt to expand further into more than just Minecraft maps in the rotation cycle. This will be a major change for those people who enjoyed playing Minecraft maps, so to accurately get input on this, I decided to set a poll for it. The result will be public after the polling is over. 

Now, this is optional, but I want to know your reasoning why you've voted on:

• Selecting no on adding the non-Minecraft map or vice versa.

Thanks! 

76561198043643390.png

Guest SkydivingSquid

@Ben you are well aware of the maps I think will generate the most traffic and keep our community happy. I think if we include several of the best minecraft and regular maps, we will get the best outcome. However, again, I recommend on limiting our map selection to approximately 8 maps. I think this will limit our players selection and increase their satisfaction with our server and product. Let me know if you’d like me to list the maps again. 

Cheers!

🦑

Because majority of the minecraft maps are boring or really poor designed. And some of the remakes are inferior to the originals. ( Like mc_dolls and mc64thstreet. )

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

20 minutes ago, VilhjalmrF said:

Because majority of the minecraft maps are boring or really poor designed. And some of the remakes are inferior to the originals. ( Like mc_dolls and mc64thstreet. )

I agree with Kite. They're boring ;-;

Achievements

I only voted no because of TTT2's failed try. Last year Violator tried it, it didn't work. Now if this is a suggestion that MOST of the players are asking for, then I'll change my mind.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

2 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

I only voted no because of TTT2's failed try. Last year Violator tried it, it didn't work. Now if this is a suggestion that MOST of the players are asking for, then I'll change my mind.

Difference is that I didn't really see Vio devoting to it like Zero has. Usually when I did events it started off as 5 people then goes up to 16-24.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

3 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

This is a different server, Zero have been dedicating his time on Rotation for the development. The server is popular only because of our contents.

I've been told that the regulars wants to see more than just minecraft in map rotation, which is why I created poll to see what's best for the server itself. 

76561198043643390.png

Just now, VilhjalmrF said:

Difference is that I didn't really see Vio devoting to it like Zero has. Usually when I did events it started off as 5 people then goes up to 16-24.

Well here's my thing. I'd like for it to have different maps. But I'd also like to see something different, maybe different addons, something that makes us different from a server that is just starting up (though that is what TTT Rot is). Something like maybe a rank up system (maybe like moat where you "unlock" guns), or something totally different.

I feel like TTT Rot is the same thing (except: skins, people, and maps) as TTT MC. Like there's no different addons, no different guns (though I loved the other guns, I know zero's working on them <3). I'm available to test stuff out if needed.

I voted yes. Although it is true that minecraft maps are the most popular ones. But there are still other servers out there that uses non-mc maps. Give it a try and see how the population will goes. The original ttt#2 server was a rotation map of any kind.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

You all seem to forget that ttt2 back then was spread by word of mouth, as it was new and undeveloped. Our newest rotational server is on our Anycast system and more developed in terms of perms and items like weapons and skins

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

11 hours ago, TheSadBandit said:

We also didn't have any sort of anycast beforehand. We could put up the shittiest TTT server and we'd still get a good amount of players.

banner_560x95.png?random=612065

banner_560x95.png?random=951309

Posted  Edited by Bae
10 hours ago, WigglesWorth said:

You all seem to forget that ttt2 back then was spread by word of mouth, as it was new and undeveloped. Our newest rotational server is on our Anycast system and more developed in terms of perms and items like weapons and skins

What you meannnn? I just mentioned then original ttt2 :( also, there was three version of ttt2. When Calvin handle the server, it was very popular.

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Seems like this poll passed. I will be making a new thread shortly about the maps for voting. Thanks, everyone! 

76561198043643390.png

• Ben locked this topic