Misery

Gmod Senior QOL Change

As of the 25th of April this year, a part responsibility of the Senior Admins in the Gmod division to oversee and handle Ban Appeals, and player reports. However, currently Senior Admins lack the ability to lock and move threads in our own section, which results in us having to ping a manager to move and lock a thread for us. It would be more streamlined, if we could have permissions to move and lock within our respective ban appeal & player report section. Currently we must ping a Manager (or possibly a forum mod) to do it for us, which prevents us from completely independently handling a task which falls within our sphere of responsibility. 

tldr: gmod seniors are responsible for ban appeals & reports, allow them to lock & move

Most sincerely,

MiserySignature_2.png

Posted  Edited by Serenity

I've noticed this as well. When I first joined I was confused how when appeals or reports were handled, they remained open for many days after.

Edited by Serenity

Achievements

16 minutes ago, JGuary55 said:

If you click the report button at the top of the pageimage.png.5e0ecd8303085dabb242a023c6088985.png and ask to be moved to closed or whatever, the forums mods can handle it. 

I think their point is, why do that and wait for someone to look at it when they can just close it themselves? They are in the senior admin position because they are trusted enough to handle reports and appeals. Why not let them be able to handle everything independently? It would make it more efficient in my opinion.

Achievements

28 minutes ago, Serenity said:

I think their point is, why do that and wait for someone to look at it when they can just close it themselves? They are in the senior admin position because they are trusted enough to handle reports and appeals. Why not let them be able to handle everything independently? It would make it more efficient in my opinion.

Id be all for it, idk how hard it would be giving each specific person perms for there own specific section, @Liloz01 thoughts?

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

good idea tbh, all the "please close this appeal" reports desensitize you to the "hey something's fucked on the forums" and then when something does happen nobody wants to respond. my only question is, is it possible to give perms in just their specific subforums to do what needs done? i know it was possible in the past and was used extensively in the ze subforum but with the new updates to the forums (and me no longer being mod tl) i'm not sure if it'd still be viable.

So deviating from what others have said, I don't think we should have the ability to close and move stuff. We applied to be server staff on a specific server, we didn't apply to be forum moderators. If we want to be able to move things like that we should apply to be forum moderators or apply specifically to moderate our respective areas if that can be a thing. It really shouldn't be up to us. This is probably likely in response to the ban appeal from Tuesday that went WAY off the rails. Instead limit who can comment on the ban appeals if at all possible, so that it could just be admins and the person who made the post itself commenting. There's really no reason for anyone else to comment on the ban appeals, and if we need someone else to comment on it for whatever reason, we can ask them in Discord and post their reply.

TLDR: We're not forum mods, we applied to be server admins for a specific server.

image.thumb.png.2ef4bb5d1eba87658f3aa07bcdc16760.png

Signature by @Auralanity

2 hours ago, Roger Gunshot said:

So deviating from what others have said, I don't think we should have the ability to close and move stuff. We applied to be server staff on a specific server, we didn't apply to be forum moderators. If we want to be able to move things like that we should apply to be forum moderators or apply specifically to moderate our respective areas if that can be a thing. It really shouldn't be up to us.

We have accepted the responsibility of handling ban appeals, by becoming seniors and continuously being seniors after the senior update. I do not think we should be forum moderators; I just feel like we should be able to move in those specific sections, since I feel like it would make our lives easier. It feels pointless to include a third party into the mix, whose sole purpose is just to lock and move it, whether it’s one of the managers of the server or a forum mod.

2 hours ago, Roger Gunshot said:

This is probably likely in response to the ban appeal from Tuesday that went WAY off the rails. Instead limit who can comment on the ban appeals if at all possible, so that it could just be admins and the person who made the post itself commenting. There's really no reason for anyone else to comment on the ban appeals, and if we need someone else to comment on it for whatever reason, we can ask them in Discord and post their reply.

I did in fact, have the ban appeal from MC in mind where I feel like the senior admin who is trusted with the responsibility of doing a ban appeal, should by all accounts be able to lock and move, especially in the mess that followed. While yes, it could be as simple as just disallowing other users from posting on appeals, or reports, I feel like users being able to support a claim in a report by having evidence to support the report is not problematic, nor do I find it problematic when users comment on the appeal of a mass RDM, where they were a victim and explaining their side of the story. It only becomes problematic when another party misuses the fact they can post there.

Most sincerely,

MiserySignature_2.png

Apologies for not responding to this sooner, I thought I had. To make it clear, this isn't really up to me to decide whether or not to give GMod Seniors permissions, I'd just like to throw in my two cents as I'd have to set it up and be consulted nonetheless...

GMod Senior Admins having the right to even accept or deny Ban Appeals is currently contentious. We'll have to discuss that entire situation further before moving forward with this suggestion, as I don't want to spend time working on this for it to turn out that GMod Seniors won't even be able to handle them anymore. The subject was brought up in the most recent council meeting, and it probably will be at the next because the case doesn't seem to be closed. GMod Seniors, show up for it! (It will be listed and announced on the community calendar as always: https://gflclan.com/calendar/).

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: