Ben

Outer Space - Are We Alone?

I am going to aim and bring back the daily question threads. We'll probably start something deep question such as this.

The question for you all is - Are we alone in the Universe?

For me to answer - I personally don't think we are alone, but realistically, the chance of us finding ETI (Extraterrestrial Intelligence) is extremely low, especially when we don't have technology to travel light-speed. There is a potential chance that in the distant future, the humanity might end up contacting the first ETI - that is if we end up being wrong about the Climate Change.

76561198043643390.png

I wouldn't be surprised if we found life on another planet, considering how big our universe is, there are bound to be other planet's with life in them

ezgif-6-41ffdc42fcf4.gif

No we are not alone, no way in hell were the only planet only solar system galaxy whatever to have humans, like theres no way were the only lucky 7 billion, there has to be more people in other galaxies or plants lol

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

Depending on how you look at it God or whoever created earth and humans, why would we be the only ones created in this whole universe. It also makes me think, is the universe truly infinite? Just so many questions haha.

Achievements

It is literally impossible that we are alone. Doesn't matter if you are religious or not, the universe is so insanely large, there has to be other life on planets. We are 1/10000000000000... of a grain of sand when compared to the universe.

As for aliens visiting Earth, I am not too sure. The only cases that have a decent amount of credibility are the Pentagon videos that were released, the Roswell incident, and the Phoenix lights. I mean back in the BC times, there were cave paintings of armies claiming to have seen giant flying "ships" or something like that. Unless we misinterpreted that, that could be compelling evidence. 

jitticus

I do not think that we are alone, although I doubt there's another form of sentient life like us. I also think that it's foolish to spend so much money on space exploration when we don't know everything about our own oceans. 

Achievements

49 minutes ago, TheThirdReaper said:

I do not think that we are alone, although I doubt there's another form of sentient life like us. I also think that it's foolish to spend so much money on space exploration when we don't know everything about our own oceans. 

you spitting straight facts. we gotta figure out the shit in our own ocean before we try to find the rest of the crazy shit the universe has to offer.

Director of Divisions and Physion Unturned Division Leader

amongus_AdobeExpress.gif

xQc on GFL Surf 7/16/22

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: test 3
35 minutes ago, Salad said:

you spitting straight facts. we gotta figure out the shit in our own ocean before we try to find the rest of the crazy shit the universe has to offer.

Holy heck yes.  I've worked for one oceanography related place and there is so much unknowns there!  I've heard that we've explored more of space than our own ocean.  Very interesting perspective.

I think the difference between intelligent life and life out there are two very different things.  I personally believe so far as intelligent life goes... I feel like the conditions for it is very difficult to achieve even if our universe was infinitely large.

Edited by Joshy
test 3

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

5 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Holy heck yes.  I've worked for one oceanography related place and there is so much unknowns there!  I've heard that we've explored more of space than our own ocean.  Very interesting perspective.

I think the difference between intelligent life and life out there are two very different things.  I personally believe so far as intelligent life goes... I feel like the conditions for it is very difficult to achieve even if our universe was infinitely large.

This is also something that fascinates me. I feel like there is so many things hiding in the bottom of the ocean that we have yet to discover. It's also why I like underwater movies so much and out of space ones.

Achievements

1 hour ago, TheThirdReaper said:

I agree that we haven't explored the oceans, which I think that majority of the oceans on Earth are pretty mysterious. What if Megalodon still exists? What if Dinosaurs exists only in Earth's Core? And finally, what if Atlantis did actually exist?

Someday in near future, I'd eventually want to see if we can have a underwater city, but I'm afraid that it'd ruin the environment on the oceans. 

4 minutes ago, Serenity said:

This is also something that fascinates me. I feel like there is so many things hiding in the bottom of the ocean that we have yet to discover. It's also why I like underwater movies so much and out of space ones.

I love underwater movies. The latest film I've watched was Aquaman, and I find their lore interesting.

---

I do still want us to progress on the space exploration, though. I think the reason we're exploring outer space is because of how easy it is compared to exploring the oceans. It's perhaps because of the pressures by the water?

76561198043643390.png

@JGuary55 is correct. There is absolutely no way that you look at our Planet, and then look at the size of the Universe entirely, and realize that we are the only ones, it's literally impossible that we are the only ones. Life can happen literally anywhere and with how expansive everything is, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a ton laying around out there, wondering the same thing.

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Stephen Hawkings book a brief history in time talks about some very specific "initial conditions" instead of just statistics.  I use to believe in the more statistical thing ie. even if it were just 0.00000000000000...0001% in the infinity university its infinity so it should still happen, but the more I think about these initial conditions the more I'm swayed away from the statistics.  They say the university was once infinite density meaning that it had a very tiny zero volume before the big bang, and so even though it has expanded into this large unknown out of reach to us doesn't make it seem more likely to me that there is intelligent life if it didn't have the same initial conditions as us.  This whole zero density thing if I may be recalling right is what is so attractive about the universe expanding topic...  I think Rocket was talking about forensics (on Discord) and it's kind of like a big forensics analysis if they can see how the world is expanding then they might be able to run some simulations and reverse engineer it to our origins, but what I think we'll find there is that it's possible for only us to have the just right initial conditions for our life as intelligent beings.

When I say intelligent beings I'm not meaning like "Oh we're superior and smarter than everything" but more of like we're self conscious.  I do believe and I think there may have been studies shown that some living things like bacteria are elsewhere away from Earth.

Anyhow: If I seem to be chasing my tail I am a little bit 🤪 a bit of fun.  It's a fun topic.  There was a similar thread years back about religion I do talk a little about about this stuff between two books including Hawking's Brief History in Team.  Here's the other thread if you're curious to see how twisted I am on this.

edit: Oh and please don't post there the thread is from 2017.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152