TheJitFace

What Happened?

So, why has the server crashed in terms of population? I haven't seen the server pass 10 people for a long time now, if I am just blind, then call me out. Also, I am not shitting on anyone on the staff team, I haven't seen a fault in their part. 

I think there are a couple factors relating to why the server has been empty. I think the biggest one is that GMOD is just dying in general, especially DarkRP. All the DarkRP servers are garbage, ours was actually pretty good. I don't play GMOD too often now because I have done everything. DarkRP is just the same cycle. Build a base, make money, buy stuff, make more money. That's all it is. Purge was unique because the 10 minute window was chaos and it let players RDM without any consequences. 

Another thing for the server specifically was the disease system. On launch day, someone decided to make a virus that kept killing you and that person did not make a vaccine for 45 minutes. I saw a lot of people irritated by dying every 2 seconds and a decent amount of people just straight up left. The disease system is one of the bad things on the server and I would have advised against putting it in. 

Why do you guys think the server has been empty? 

jitticus

I made many threads suggesting things here. May be worth a read to you.

With that said, I agree with @reme leader 049. This is why I've been suggesting to the Server Managers for us to get under the "DarkRP Revamp" category which has around 6+ servers at 100+ players constantly from what I've seen.

Posted  Edited by Serenity

Right now it's not populated because they are in the process of redeveloping the server. I feel as soon as the server is finished being re-developed and we can get dedicated players to play on it again we should be set and hopefully it will be very much alive again. :)

Edited by Serenity

Achievements

make @nick027nd manager again and the population will come back

┍━━—━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

spacer.png

┕━━—━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

11 minutes ago, Bae said:

I've been busy so I don't have time to help populate. Final exams are coming up soon so that I have to focus on.

I think even idling won't help it. 

2 hours ago, Serenity said:

Right now it's not populated because they are in the process of redeveloping the server. I feel as soon as the server is finished being re-developed and we can get dedicated players to play on it again we should be set and hopefully it will be very much alive again. :)

I was talking about like a week after launch, most of the time the population was like 7. Me, Jarm, Bunny, and a couple others only played.

jitticus

3 hours ago, Roy said:

I made many threads suggesting things here. May be worth a read to you.

With that said, I agree with @reme leader 049. This is why I've been suggesting to the Server Managers for us to get under the "DarkRP Revamp" category which has around 6+ servers at 100+ players constantly from what I've seen.

Yeah, but there’s always the chance that those servers could die out leaving us near the bottom of the browser. Like breach 

On 12/1/2020 at 3:00 PM, reme leader 049 said:

Yeah, but there’s always the chance that those servers could die out leaving us near the bottom of the browser. Like breach 

That's true, which is why management would want to monitor the server browser frequently to ensure that isn't the case. If that does happen, we could just put the server back into the regular DarkRP category or another more popular one.

In the end, I think putting it into the less saturated (but higher up in the list) categories will be useful to 'kick-start' the server. Once the server is kick-started, I believe it'd keep striving even while in the standard DarkRP category because the server's rating is better when there are >16 players and >32 players (both separate thresholds that results in the server's rating increasing).