Finnick

Dead?

Is this server even being worked on anymore?

If not can there be a new manager or is it just going to get shut down

I don't blame it being dead because of no changes, I'm just curious if it's even been touched at all,

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

I'm not aware of anything about this server, but is there something "to work on"?  It's a pretty classic gamemode so I'm wondering if it's just a low pop server or if there's something seriously wrong with it?  Past community I was a part of seemed like minigames was more of a everyone comes all at once with their friends and then it's empty for 3 weeks apart?

(Not preferred for me, but just seems to be the MG culture).

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

12 minutes ago, Joshy said:

I'm not aware of anything about this server, but is there something "to work on"?  It's a pretty classic gamemode so I'm wondering if it's just a low pop server or if there's something seriously wrong with it?  Past community I was a part of seemed like minigames was more of a everyone comes all at once with their friends and then it's empty for 3 weeks apart?

(Not preferred for me, but just seems to be the MG culture).

I went in there and bhopping seemed funky somehow, unless it's just cause I've been bhopping in the bhop server or what,

idunno, there is no change log so you can't really tell if the manager is doing anything.

Plus I'm sure there are more maps to add!

I know doing small stuff like that maybe isn't worth the hassle, but there shouldn't be a dead server when a manager SEEMINGLY isn't doing anything 

All I'm trying to say, why keep the server open if no one's joining (which can go for a few other servers as well)

I just really enjoyed minigames, which is why I'm targeting it more I guess

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy

A changelog is a good idea.  I hope they might take your suggestion or share their plans.  It's always hard to know what's going on.

KK9Vhoo.png

Server activity looks like what I was expecting just little peaks throughout, but no reason to not improve ;) any other suggestions like are there a few maps you were hoping could join the server?  Is gravity too low or too high for the bhopping?

When I was trying to help with a low pop server it was pretty difficult so I can certainly sympathize.  It's also a very busy time of the year such as holidays and people taking their midterms/finals, and so I can also see the practicalities that could be holding anyone down.  Growing these servers is a very long term investment if they're successful.

Something that I thought would be helpful with some of the server is getting some admins.  They could do things like during very low pop near-zero people change the map to something that might attract more players or host an event.  Might be worth applying?  I personally don't see admins as kind of a "police" only type of activity so if you would like to see the server grow maybe you can help transform it if you were willing- I'd encourage applying.

Edited by Joshy

Posted  Edited by Finnick
3 minutes ago, Joshy said:

A changelog is a good idea.  I hope they might take your suggestion or share their plans.  It's always hard to know what's going on.

KK9Vhoo.png

Server activity looks like what I was expecting just little peaks throughout, but no reason to not improve ;) any other suggestions like are there a few maps you were hoping could join the server?  Is gravity too low or too high for the bhopping?

When I was trying to help with a low pop server it was pretty difficult so I can certainly sympathize.  It's also a very busy time of the year such as holidays and people taking their midterms/finals, and so I can also see the practicalities that could be holding anyone down.  Growing these servers is a very long term investment if they're successful.

Something that I thought would be helpful with some of the server is getting some admins.  They could do things like during very low pop near-zero people change the map to something that might attract more players or host an event.  Might be worth applying?  I personally don't see admins as kind of a "police" only type of activity so if you would like to see the server grow maybe you can help transform it if you were willing- I'd encourage applying.

I'd consider applying yeah,

idk maybe a co-manager would also help? Someone who's capable of working on the server when the other is unavailable (or just getting a new manager entirely, no offense to ves)

I do believe it still has potential 

Edited by Finnick

Achievements

Posted  Edited by ves

Finnick here's the deal, you have to realize conditions of living for people. The server was very popular....when covid hit. Where are people? Home, now not so much because that shit is pointless. People are working and going to school so server is gonna be dead if you cant see minigames is a seasonal thing if you think i can just add something to the server and everyone will crawl back lmaoooo 

Also you don't have to answer me i already resigned.

Edited by ves

I'm well aware people can be busy, I'm also aware that it's more of a seasonal thing and I'm aware people are home because of covid.

It's the holiday season right now,

Sure, some may still have some exams to finish, essays to write, but is it really that big of a pain to host an event once in a while? I'm not saying adding things to the server will INSTANTLY bring back population.

This type of server was my favourite out of all, which is why I care about it not being populated when there's a chance it could.

I'm not trying to call you lazy or anything at all, if it comes across that way, then sorry IG

Mostly my point is about Communication and Population, but I guess it's no longer needed now right 🐵

Achievements

Looks like there's an opportunity for someone to apply for Server Manager.  It's one thing to want more; it's another thing to create it on your own.  I would definitely encourage for anyone to inquire about this challenging opportunity.

For the record, we aren't immediately looking to take SM applications for this - we will be spending some time with the server first to take a look at where its at and see what may need to be updated/fixed/whatever, as well as getting in touch with the admin team. When it is ready, we'll call for applications

7 hours ago, Ash said:

For the record, we aren't immediately looking to take SM applications for this - we will be spending some time with the server first to take a look at where its at and see what may need to be updated/fixed/whatever, as well as getting in touch with the admin team. When it is ready, we'll call for applications

poggies 🐵

Achievements

I don't really wanna make a long post, but there's a couple points to be made without beating around the bush.

This game mode does not do well on CS:GO, nor has it done well for awhile now. It's difficult to find people who want to play it, therefore it's more difficult to make the server flourish as a manager. However, let's also not act as if there's nothing that can be done. A telltale sign for me that the server wasn't being managed the best it could is that there isn't even a changelog thread in this section. Has the server even been touched in recent months at all? I can make a very long list of possible things you can test out and play with in this very vague game mode. I understand ves' situation completely, to be clear. I'm not pointing blame, real life takes priority over managing a server on CS:GO. But I don't think this game mode is a "seasonal thing", that just doesn't make much sense.

I could probably respond with a larger, more detailed post about what to do with the server but I'd prefer to wait until they either get a new manager or close it up.