EnderAsteroid

General Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

EnderAsteroid#8453

Why were you banned?: Accidentally posting the link to R34

Why should you be unbanned?

I don't know if I can but I would want to get two of my warnings removed and here is why.

Warning 1 (My second warning) - Given by Duck:
The warning was for accidentally posting a meme with the N word, the a version, which was up for less than two seconds. It was right after a few people were talking and they started posting random memes and I decided to join in. When everyone stopped posting I decided to post one last meme and I accidentally posted two, the one I wanted and the one with the n word. I immediately deleted it and the only person who said something was TimeToGetAWatch. Now, Ben was talking during the chat and sent a message a few seconds before I sent the meme so I assume he saw it as well and did nothing because he knew it was an accident. Around 5 minutes later, Duck comes in and warns me then mutes me for a week because he saw it in the history. Duck always hated me so I would assume if it was anyone else he would have ignored it and done nothing about it. It's the fact that only Time and maybe Ben who saw it, and how it was up for less than two seconds.

Warning 1 (Third warning) - Also by Duck
This one was right before I was banned. There was around 5 of us talking in mc-general and somehow the conversation got to some NSFW stuff.
We were just talking about certain numbers which if inputted on a certain website it would give you a NSFW manga. To the average person the numbers would mean nothing, they are just long numbers to them. There was no pictures or anything, it was just some numbers. A few minutes later Duck comes in and warns 3 of us because we were minors (I am literally a month away from being 18). He stated the numbers could be used on a NSFW website which is true, but he also stated the website was R34 (if you know what that is) which is completely not true. Like I said, the average person wouldn't know what they are and even Duck himself, who claimed he knew about them, didn't know what website you have to use them on. What I don't understand is why he would warn me and the two other people just because we are minors. If they already know what it is then that's their problem, but especially for me, In less than 30 days I will be 18.

The ban itself:
A bit afterwards I thought it would be funny if I said I had more number and just posted "123456". Even though I knew Duck was wrong on the website, I still decided to test it because why not and of course, it didn't work. I used the numbers "123456" as stock numbers and stuck it in the website URL and I was going to copy the number and just paste them into the Discord chat. On accident I copied the entire link and posted that on accident. It took me 4 - 5 seconds to realized what I had done and deleted it as quickly as possible but it was too late.

Duck always hated me and basically the entire mc staff and stated himself he trust no mc staff member, which is idiotic. He's also a hypocrite and doesn't like it when someone points out something bad about his staff team. He's most likely made me seem like a devil who hates everyone because that's what he does. He also likes to be passive aggressive and would play the victim card if called out. Anyways, it's 5 am and I'm tired as shit, if needed I could simplify everything into simpler terms.

Achievements

I'm no longer mod but since this is my ban, I'll post this here

Ender has history with posting racist, transphobic memes and is part of the reason why mc-offtopic was deleted in the first place.

His first warning, I saw the post he made where he "accidentally" posted a meme with the N word in it and so I warned him and muted him as I've given him many a warning before.

The second warn, they were sending a group of 6 numbers, which is a way to link to hentai without linking to it, for a site called nhentai. You just need nhentai.net/g/6 numbers and it'll link you to a hentai manga. They knew this so I warned the 3 that were doing it.

The ban was then after the warn, where he directly linked to rule34.xxx and after his many warns and mutes, I banned him for nsfw. Notice how he claims everything he did wrong was "an accident"?

My notes on him were posted in #user-notes in GFL Teams, when he first started up.

https://imgur.com/a/FQCo0BF the first two images were his first warn, the next two are his second warn and mute and his third one was his ban. All of it was documented.

I never hated him, I just knew he liked to stir up trouble and be as controversial as possible.

And I didn't warn them because they were minors, the links themselves were considered minor offenses so they just got warns.

And I said rule34 because that's the technical term, not for the website.

Forgot to mention he's been demoted for his actions before as well, @Pyros knows about that more than I do.

Achievements

"Ender has history with posting racist, transphobic memes and is part of the reason why mc-offtopic was deleted in the first place"

Alright, I do have a history of posting dark humor memes but nothing that I post is blatantly racist, transphobic, etc. If I have then I would have been warned and banned a long time ago. Someone would have also messaged me in dms and asked me to stop. Take Rosalina for example. They are pretty upfront and if I ever did post a transphobic meme then they would have told me to stop.

His first warning, I saw the post he made where he "accidentally" posted a meme with the N word in it and so I warned him and muted him as I've given him many a warning before.

"accidentally", ok. I'm honestly no surprised you used the " ", as you don't trust anyone who is part of MC. My point still stands that really only Time and maybe Ben saw it when I first posted it on accident and deleted it less than 2 sec later. 

The second warn, they were sending a group of 6 numbers, which is a way to link to hentai without linking to it, for a site called nhentai. You just need nhentai.net/g/6 numbers and it'll link you to a hentai manga. They knew this so I warned the 3 that were doing it.

It was nothing blatantly NSFW, they were just numbers. There was more than 3 of us doing it and yet you only warned us three. It would have made sense if you gave us a verbal warning then actually warn us but you couldn't even do that. They were also not links, like I said, they were just numbers, for example, "123456". 

The ban was then after the warn, where he directly linked to rule34.xxx and after his many warns and mutes, I banned him for nsfw. Notice how he claims everything he did wrong was "an accident"?

I've had two mutes, a 15 min one and the week one you gave me, so not that many. Again with the "accident". What I did to get me warned and banned was actually an accident and I've said that so many times to people who play on mc. It goes back to my first post where I stated, "Duck always hated me and basically the entire mc staff and stated himself he trust no mc staff member, which is idiotic.", and "He's most likely made me seem like a devil who hates everyone because that's what he does.". This is just a he said she said situation at this point.

never hated him, I just knew he liked to stir up trouble and be as controversial as possible.

You're kinda bad at lying. You clearly hate me and most, if not all of the mc staff. If you actually didn't hate me then you wouldn't be so passive-aggressive, especially when I was muted. If I wanted to stir up trouble and be controversial then I did a pretty shitty job at doing so. I literally just post memes and talk to other people on mc. I've never attempted to harass or get into an argument with someone. The only trouble I've gotten in when I was demoted and all that shit was happening. 

Forgot to mention he's been demoted for his actions before as well, @ Pyros knows about that more than I do.

I mean I don't understand why you brought this up, seeing how you were most likely demoted as well. Me being demoted was part of something bigger.

Achievements

2 hours ago, EnderAsteroid said:

It was nothing blatantly NSFW, they were just numbers. There was more than 3 of us doing it and yet you only warned us three. It would have made sense if you gave us a verbal warning then actually warn us but you couldn't even do that. They were also not links, like I said, they were just numbers, for example, "123456".

If it was just numbers with no context of the site, or no context of any nsfw things, there shouldn't have been a warn. However if there was mention of this site or something similar, the warn is acceptable 

Though, I do not think you should be unbanned. You were prone to causing or being a part of problems and were a pretty toxic person in general. Not really the type of person I'd want back on the discord. I think you should stay banned, at least for now.

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

25 minutes ago, Blazing Arson (with no #s) said:

If it was just numbers with no context of the site, or no context of any nsfw things, there shouldn't have been a warn. However if there was mention of this site or something similar, the warn is acceptable 

There was no context at all, it was just the numbers

30 minutes ago, Blazing Arson (with no #s) said:

You were prone to causing or being a part of problems and were a pretty toxic person in general. Not really the type of person I'd want back on the discord. I think you should stay banned, at least for now.

I only really talked in Mc general and I never really started a problem, but I was part of 2 or so. One being the Jinzu situation which is what got me demoted in the first place. I was in the middle of taking a break because of personal issues when I was demoed. I used to drink a lot and got a bit toxic because I didn't care about anything, the break was to try and stop drinking and to take a mental break, though I don't want to use the as an excuse. The way I talk to people I know could be seen as toxic to others, as I like to mess around maybe a bit too much. "I think you should stay banned, at least for now." I don't know what you want me to do Joe, you just wanna keep me banned and let me try again in a few months or what?

Achievements

8 minutes ago, EnderAsteroid said:

I only really talked in Mc general and I never really started a problem, but I was part of 2 or so. One being the Jinzu situation which is what got me demoted in the first place. I was in the middle of taking a break because of personal issues when I was demoed. I used to drink a lot and got a bit toxic because I didn't care about anything, the break was to try and stop drinking and to take a mental break, though I don't want to use the as an excuse. The way I talk to people I know could be seen as toxic to others, as I like to mess around maybe a bit too much. "I think you should stay banned, at least for now." I don't know what you want me to do Joe, you just wanna keep me banned and let me try again in a few months or what?

Please don't call me Joe, that's not my name anymore. Call me Arson please.

Many of the memes you posted in off-topic-jazz-stuff were very much on the edge of being transphobic, homophobic, etc.
You weren't told to stop because most people who would have had that chat muted, because it was very common for stuff like that to end up there. 
Also, side note, "dark humor" isn't jokes that can be considered transphobic, homophobic, etc. That kind of humor is "offensive humor" (and while offensive is viewed as an extreme word today I mean this in a very neutral state of the word. Offensive humor can range from yo mama jokes to transphobic "jokes").

Also, while things do happen by accident, it is pretty hard to believe that you posted a rule34 link by accident into the chat. The image with the n word is more believable, however you were warned for it, so the moderator didn't believe that.

About Duck having a bias against you and mc, while my stance on that is not for me to say here, I don't think this was influenced by bias.

I don't really have a strong opinion on whether or not you stay banned forever, but I think now is just too soon and not a good time for you to be unbanned. 

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

Posted  Edited by EnderAsteroid
On 12/21/2020 at 12:51 AM, Blazing Arson (with no #s) said:

Please don't call me Joe, that's not my name anymore. Call me Arson please.

I've known you as Joe so I'm just used to calling you Joe, it's like I would call Rosalina Jesse sometimes so my bad.

On 12/21/2020 at 12:51 AM, Blazing Arson (with no #s) said:

I don't really have a strong opinion on whether or not you stay banned forever, but I think now is just too soon and not a good time for you to be unbanned.

I waited a month to make an appeal for a reason, I wanted to give myself a bit of time to think and for shit to calm.

it is pretty hard to believe that you posted a rule34 link by accident into the chat.

Fair enough, I was kinda rushing to make the joke so that happened. If you don't believe me then that's fine. When I posted the meme and the link, both times you could tell is was on accident because of my reaction afterwards. I can't provide any evidence because coincidentally the text of my reaction afterwards was deleted but not any other of my text. (I asked someone to stream so I can try and find it)

Edited by EnderAsteroid

Achievements

• 2 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by EnderAsteroid
3 hours ago, jarm323 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you can't be serious in a Ban Appeal, I can't take you seriously.  -1

I only posted it because nobody said anything in a while so people would see it in the front page, but ok. Even then, this isn't a life or death situation so I don't understand how one random post can change an entire topic.

Edited by EnderAsteroid

Achievements

I'm not a Forum Mod, but these should remain on topic.

Anyways, I have only really met you once, and my first impression on meeting you wasn't okay, but that was outside of the Discord, so I won't hold you to that.

What I will hold on to you is how you acted in the Discord, of course it wasn't outrageous or anything, but usually after getting a Warning no matter what it is, you should of been more careful. There are times where you antagonized or just took your memes/messages too far with or at people, even making the mistake to post a meme with a slur because you didn't really think about your actions.

I feel like you need some more time to really think on your actions. I do believe in change and I believe that you can do it.

1 hour ago, Alexis said:

Anyways, I have only really met you once, and my first impression on meeting you wasn't okay, but that was outside of the Discord, so I won't hold you to that.

That was a few months ago when I was on rotation with Loke and 2 other people. It was when Loke was banned and I was slayed and all that happened. I was drunk at the time so everything is a bit foggy but I don't remember acting horribly, I apologize if I did. 

1 hour ago, Alexis said:

I feel like you need some more time to really think on your actions. I do believe in change and I believe that you can do it.

I waited a month to make this appeal for a reason. Though, if needed I would wait more time. 

1 hour ago, Alexis said:

even making the mistake to post a meme with a slur because you didn't really think about your actions.

I posted memes from my phone and so when I was scrolling I miss clicked and clicked it without knowing. I never thought about posting a meme with a slur because I knew it would just stir up trouble.

Achievements

• Ben locked this topic