Bue.

What Type of Computer do You Recommend?

Which type of computer do you recommended?

I'm looking forward to purchasing a new computer, but I'm a little stumped. I get a ton of different advocacy regarding this topic, but not sure which would be the most essential pick. I do some research of my own, but I still would love some other opinions, especially from you guys. Knowing this is a gaming network, I know that a few of you may know a thing or two, haha. Do you guys have any recommendations or advice? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

(I know that building a computer is most likely.. recommended but I have no idea wtf I'm doing with computer parts so.. 🙂 )

I'm not great for computer recommendations for prebuilts as I haven't had one in a while, but 2 part brands I highly recommend are Gigabyte and EVGA (EVGA makes especially nice power supply units), mind you they are mid-highish range in price so it can add up fast and is something to be wary of, but yeah any prebuilt that has mostly Gigabyte and EVGA parts is likely to last you a while and be fairly future proof for at least 5+ years. There are I'm certain other good brands those are just the 2 that I've had a really good experience with. Others will probably be able to make better more specific recommendations when it comes to what cards, motherboards etc. to get.

1107951178_alexisbanner.thumb.png.d7ca1e71df7c98ca1d07991466c62ed7.png

Thanks to @BlazingArson for the signature ❤️
Ko-Fi image.png.d5454ca380d782432beb60154e315225.png

14 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Building one or Pre-Build?

Pre-built 🙂

I'd recommend not buying pre built PC's as some companies cheap out on some parts of the PC, while you may have the best cpu or gpu, you may not have the best motherboard or PSU that they put in. Pre built PC's are also usually more expensive than just buying your own on parts online or in your local stores. I have seen some NZXT pre built PC's and they seem pretty credible so if you really want one then I suggest them as well, however if you want to really maximize your budget and customize your own PC to your liking, I'd suggest buying individual parts, and building them yourself or hire someone who will build it for you.

ezgif-6-41ffdc42fcf4.gif

Really need to know the budget before recommending anything. Plus, are you looking for just the computer or periphals such as a new monitor, keyboard, mouse, microphone, etc. too? When you do need it by?

In short, what exactly are you in need of, how much do you have to spend? (and when you do need it by? lol)

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

uh yeah building a computer its very easy like so much easier than people make it out to be of course I'm one to talk I build a pc every fucking week lmao, but yeah its not hard of course you have to be careful and have an idea what you're doing as in knowing what tools and things you'll need. If you don't trust yourself in building one you can of course go with a prebuilt and I do recommend NZXT they are very good especially for the price the cases they use and I use as well are very clean compact and you get a lot for what you pay for, they also have a build your own system for streaming gaming etc.. Also I wanted to ask what your budget was, if you give me a budget I could probably find a parts list to fit your budget?

img

Thanks to @Auralanity for the amazing signature

21 hours ago, Joshy said:

What's your budget?

2-3k

9 hours ago, Liloz01 said:

In short, what exactly are you in need of, how much do you have to spend? (and when you do need it by? lol)

Just the PC in general, no other accessories. 2k would be more ideal for me, but there isn't any specific date I need it buy.

22 hours ago, Alexis said:

I'd probably go with NZXT, they have their BLD thing and you can get some good pre-builds that aren't cheap with parts because they are self-made.

I visited the website and was really impressed with the specs.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Alexis
2 minutes ago, Joshy said:

I visited the website and was really impressed with the specs.

Yea, they don’t really cheap out like most Pre-Builds because they build their own Motherboards, coolers and other stuff. 

Edited by Alexis

Honestly, while building a computer might seem intimidating, i promise you, its easier than it looks. Plus im sure you've already been told that its cheaper than getting one pre-built. Because it is. However aint nothing wrong with buying a pre-built, i just feel like you'd get more bang for your buck by buying the parts yourself and then assembling it. Would like to make note there are plenty of useful and indepth tutorials on YT on step by steps for building a PC. I've had a cousin who had zero knowledge on computers build one on their own in like.. a day or two with a tutorial of course. Some parts actually require you to be a little rough with them believe it or not, while some do require some care. In my experiences with building PCs, the most trouble i have is mounting a dual fan to the processor but everything else is more or less easy. Regardless, i feel like you should further evaluate what you'd want to do. I'd recommend watching building tuts first, get a feel for what you'd get into and go from there.

P.S you'll never gain the confidence for it until you try it! by all means though, do whats in your best interest! 🙂

With your budget in mind, you can already have a monsterious PC.. should you choose to build it, but there also are some Pre-builts you can get that are decent with that as well!

SSR

Posted  Edited by Calebevb

Personally I have a PC from MSI that I really like but I'd suggest either building one or getting one from NZXT from here https://www.letsbld.com/bld if youre not planning to spend a fortune on a pc. But I also just saw that your budget is 2k but this is still a really good option for that

Edited by Calebevb

Enchantment table.PNG

Posted  Edited by Duck.

The issue with building a pc right now is that there is a major shortage in the new video cards, which supposedly won't be fixed until April at the earliest. If you're capable of holding off until then, you can get a better card for your money

If not then I've put together a parts list for you with an older gen card, the one I have in my PC which can run Cyberpunk at 144fps

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VPc2TJ

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($324.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L RGB V2 65.59 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($192.76 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($829.98 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor  ($426.98 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($69.99 @ Lenovo) 
Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO Wired Optical Mouse  ($48.58 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2388.23
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-18 16:05 EST-0500

It may be overkill, but considering Rust is a laggy mess half the time, I think it'll suit your needs well. Should be future proof for the next few years.

Edited by Duck.

Achievements