Liloz01

How did your username come to be and what does it mean

Pretty simple premise, I'll start:

"Liloz01" is short form for "Little Oscar 2001". My sister made it up when she signed me up to a game called Bin Weevils when I was like... 6-7 years old or something. So; I was quite little ("Lil"), my name is Oscar (my sister called me "Oz") and my birth year is 2001 ("01"). Liloz01!

I've never had another online name, this is it! I would explain my prior names if I had any. I like this name a lot, and even though I'm not "little" anymore I don't think I will ever change it, I'm sentimental (and I suppose I'll always be my sister's "little" brother).

What about you?

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

I think when I made my name, I was listening to "Lil Wayne" (No, my real name isn't Wayne, contrary to popular belief). Was also around the time I was in and out of the hospital, so I was constantly in pain. So, then I had "Pain Wayne", cause "Wayne in Pain" sounded stupid as fuck, and plus it rhymed and rhymes are catchy. Then I added "Da" just cause it sounded cooler. I should've done "Dr", cause it better fits like my profession and career path, and most people end up saying "Dr" anyways cause they're blind.

But, that's the story of "Da Pain Wayne"

GFX1.thumb.png.c5c5371c03240785be325143d4584c4a.png

(Signature credit to @Clavers)

As a kid I was looking for a new name. My family went out to dinner one night at a pizza place and I didn't want to leave before I ate all the bacon. A few nights earlier I watched Tomb Raider (I believe the Lara Croft one) and she was an absolute badass. Since I was a child I mixed up Terminator and Tomb Raider frequently but I just went through with my name which was: Bacon + ator(ending of Terminator)

Posted  Edited by Auralanity

I had always loved everything about the word Aura: its connotation, meaning, the way you speak it, etc. Although for most of my time in GFL I went by other names, such as Rose or Shadow, I could never find the "one true name" that fit me, and my personality, the most. However, after randomly getting the motivation to sit down and make one, through starting with the word Aura, I ended up having Auralanity as my full name.

This was after sitting for 3 hours on Google Translate with @Ghostanity seeing what sounded the best and what fit me the most. As I had always loved the ending -ity but needed it to flow with Aura, so I ended up with Auralanity! 

I am very happy with my new name after a couple years of having it. You can let me know if it suits me well or not. :pikajoy:

Edited by Auralanity

de247ln-88ce2fb2-8f7c-4f43-b129-1e2919f9

I was 5 or 6 years old and thought the word "Infrared" was cool, but wanted to make it extra special, so I went with "Infranix"

Now I'm just Infra lol

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png

Back in the day when I played Wizard101 I did a random name roll and ended up with SkullTail and it has stuck with me ever since 😄

Hello! My name is SkullTail, I am a 19 y/o Transgirl who enjoys everything gaming.

I spend a lot of my time experimenting with game development myself, even made some Roblox games even though it may sound childish that's what I grew up playing 🙂

I literally just made up a word that didn't exist lmao.

4 hours ago, Infra said:

I was 5 or 6 years old and thought the word "Infrared" was cool, but wanted to make it extra special, so I went with "Infranix"

Now I'm just Infra lol

ok infrastructure

Way back in 2014 I had one of those Minecrafter names. Like you know, the ones you'd have when you were trying to start a MC Youtube channel type brand. When I got started on Steam and TF2, I decided to change my Steam name so it'd less lean into the MC name cringe. So I changed it to like Jarate Man (big TF2 guy, couldn't tell?). I ran that name for some month or so, then kinda realized if I wanted to stand out more I'd have to probably switch it up, cause that name too was also generic. So I switch it to Mr. Mundy the Travelling Sniper (which in itself was a mouthful). I also start making TF2 content around 2015 by then. The name was alright, but being that it still heavily relied on it being a "TF2 OC" I needed to switch out the name again. So I thought, "what is something the Sniper likes?" and the first thing the came to mind was owls. He has a few of them as pets/cosmetics in the game, so it would distinguish me as a TF2 sniper name. To push the message, I slapped on a TF2 at the end (cause I was still going the TF2ber route) so it was OwlTF2. I realized eventually the name was a bit too short and kinda simplified, so then a few months later I add Alpha to the name, making it AlphaOwlTF2. The word alpha wasn't because it was an ego-obsessed attempt to show I was good, rather it was a word I was thinking of that rolled off the tongue well with "owl". Around 2016 or so I believe, I started branching deeper into other games (most notably, CS:GO or Overwatch), so then I cut the TF2 part from my name to distance myself away from only TF2 content to variety and ended up with the name now, AlphaOwl.

First name was BuRnOuT taken from the old Burnout games and my enjoyment of racing when I was younger, changed it to Fang, taken from a character named Fang in the Maximum Ride book series, a few times switched my name to Erza, Pyrrha, and Saber to show off some of my favorite characters, and several years ago, switched to Niikos because GFL ZE already had an active user called Feng and i didn't want their to be confusion, Nikos being the last name of a character from a series, but i added the 2nd I too differentiate slightly

I use to be a volunteer for the Special Olympics.  One time: I was talking to my super mega crush and one of the Special Olympians passed by calling me "Joshy Washy".  My crush adored this name and always called me Joshy or Joshy Washy.

I hopped on the mic and people noticed that my voice... I sound young or at least at the time I sounded young (not sure anymore... maybe).  Someone was telling me that it was my bed time and stuff like that so I changed my name to Joshy to make it sound younger and I told them "my parents let me stay up late tonight" and just went with it.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

11 hours ago, Auralanity said:

Although for most of my time in GFL I went by other names, such as Rose or Shadow

Wait, you're Rose? Like from the infamous video with Rick as mace windu?

fat

I have a slew of names that I have used on the internet.

I used to frequently use the name Kato on stuff like Xbox because that's the name of my childhood dog. However, everyone in my family used that name online so I wanted to make up a name of my own.

Around the time I started using the internet, I became a pretty big weeb and wanted a name that sounded Japanese, so I started going by the name Kydran (don't bother trying to look that name up on any fanfiction sites btw, haha...). I used this name on everything, but I wanted more names for more stuff so I made up other names like Zhaang. I quickly became embarrassed from using those names, though I still use those names sometimes on RPGs. 

In my middle school, one of the class activities had us form groups with people and we each needed to name our groups. A couple of my friends (all Asian) in another group decided to call themselves the ASN group, because it's a short way of saying Asian, and I thought that was cool. So I decided to start calling myself that online, but I also wanted my own twist on the name instead of just "Asian".

One time, while I was playing Call of Duty: Ghosts, one of the players in the lobby had the name K R Y S I S. I thought that was cool because of homophones and I thought that words like 'Crisis' sounded badass. So, for a while, my name online was AsN Krysis. I also added more shit to my name when I started playing GMod TTT, like the trademark symbol and 'Reborn' in Japanese. So, for a while, my name was ™再生した AsN кяуѕιѕ.

Then, I realized how stupid all this random shit in my name was, and also because most people couldn't actually read my name since it would bug out on their end. So I went back to AsNKrysis. Then I shortened it to AsN on steam because I just think shorter names are cooler. However, I have to use AsNKrysis everywhere else online since AsN is taken on every forum known to existence.

Sometimes I change to names such as Yaiyood (which is my nickname that my grandfather gave me), which I actually want to change my online names to. However, I feel like people know me as AsN on too much stuff now, so I just live with AsN.

Posted  Edited by Dragoon

Name order (Simple)

-

1: Nintzzz > It was an inherited name from someone else. I used it for Minecraft livestreams on YouTube.

2: ShadowNintzzz > A change to the original name which stuck for a while until I permanently changed it. I started adding a different word before my username and changing it somewhat often because I wanted there to be more flavor to the name while having a part that people pronounced correctly, and I eventually settled on this.

3: Scourge < Named from the Archie Sonic character. The reason that I believe made me want to change it for was likely I still had a reputation preceding me from people I talked to in Minecraft. I believe that there was another reason, but it's a speculative guess. Besides that, I do not remember any other underlying reason.

4: Dragoon > Named from the Final Fantasy job class. I felt like I was too out there while under the old name (For reasons other than the aforementioned speculation), so I wanted to try a soft reset and make change. This is the name that I use these days mainly on GFL and Steam. 

5: Shadow > The name I mainly use as my nickname on Discord, which was a former part of an old moniker that I used. Since a lot of people already knew me under the name, I chose to use it when branching out. This is my primary name both in communities outside of GFL and in friend groups.

Edited by Dragoon

[Signature]

Achievements

• Liloz01 changed the title to How did your username come to be and what does it mean