ScootypTooty

Respond to !calladmin

Posted  Edited by Moose

Furthermore, there could be a way for us to add a message to the call, and if it’s a false calladmin report, (eg. the reason is: hi) then you can type !callremove or !calldeny to cancel the calladmin request and add a reason. It would look like this in game (Once again in a yellow, or orange colour as red/green is commonly used for messages):

Admin Moose has declined your calladmin request. Reason: Inappropriate use of calladmin.

And this in shoutbox:

!calldeny Inappropriate use of calladmin. 

Then, if declined 3 times (consecutively) due to poor reasons/abuse of calladmin, it would automatically block the player from !calladmin for 2 hours (for example). 

A statement could also be added for !respond, eg:

(in shoutbox) !respond Im coming, let me load up CS. 

(In server) Admin Moose has responded. Please wait. Message: I’m coming, let me load up CS. 

I would also like to point out that the command wouldn’t be hidden in shoutbox so other admins and players can see you responded to the call or denied it (If deemed necessary, it could be hidden from those below admin). If !respond or !calldeny is used by someone below admin, nothing would happen. 

Edited by Moose

Posted  Edited by Moose
14 minutes ago, Nick said:

I'm making it much better :3

14 minutes ago, Eli said:

@Nick is recreating the calladmin to work differently and not through shoutbox. I mean +1 from me.

Ok, let me know if this has helped, or can be of use to you guys? Maybe this was already thought of? idk, but I have high hopes for the new improvements @Nick :banana: ! 

Looking forward to it :P

-Edit- 

@Eli was the +1 about nicks new calladmin? Or was it the suggestion? (sorry to tag, just want to know :P)

Edited by Moose

As great as this addition sounds no admins come on when a player calls an admin. I personally think !calladmin is useless by the amount of times I been on Jailbreak and no admins came on when I or another player called for an admin. Not sure how it is on other servers though.

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

Posted  Edited by Moose
3 minutes ago, Nick said:

I can control what you see :P And I will include notifications :D 

Okaii i’m actually really interested in the revamp you’re doing :P

But I think having notifications which are clear and only show for the server you admisistrate because what’s the poiny about me recieving a ca request for gmod ttt?

Edited by Moose

You are only listed as admin on the forums since it has been easier to administrate untill This point. New admin ranks on forums could be made to link each admin to their server and then only they receive the requests for That server besides the global admins getting all notifications.

Nerd

Achievements

GFLCore already has something in place for admins, but we're currently reworking that too. At a later point, CallAdmin will be a part of the new GFL Forum Suite, but for now I have a hacky solution that'll work for just CA :P

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!