craZy_y0

General Ban Appeal

Hello everyone, it's your lego bionicles collector here.

Today I request an appeal over my ban from August last year.

Introduction

My in-game name is normally craZy_y0™ and my SteamID is STEAM_1:0:28825581.

Upon googling my SteamID you'll find that I've got a massive record of past bans on various Garry's Mod servers possibly dating back as early as 2013 as I've been in a lot of trouble for messing around on Trouble in Terrorist Town servers and other servers alike mostly for mass RDMing. On top of that I also have a game and VAC ban on record for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as I shared my phone number with my friend a year and a bit ago but it doesn't necessarily mean I cheated in CS:GO, in fact CS:GO is out of the question as I've never played on GFLClan's servers in that game.

Why I was banned

So let's begin then. I was banned from GFLClan as I was aimbotting on the Trouble in Terrorist Town servers some time at the start of September last year. Backstory of this was that my friend came to my house and we hung out (we also had a few kopparbergs to drink while we were at it), but I also wanted him to install Garry's Mod cheats for me, the hack in question is called BigPackets. My friend decided what server to test my newly acquired cheats on and by coincidence it was GFLClan, knowing that I have previously offended on this server before.

Talking about my previous conviction, I was banned about 11 months ago for ghosting with my cousin. I also attempted to appeal this ban as we thought the admin (WigglesWorth) was abusing his powers and I even made a video about it. You can see all of this in this thread.

Going back to my ban, my friend set BigPackets up for me and I went on to RDM 3 players using the rifle with aimbot on. A little while later I decided to just play it safe for a couple of rounds while also calling out a traitor (because BigPackets picks up if players have T weapons) before I went on an aimbot killing spree to my ban. I did record the entire time I was playing on the server and still have the footage on hand if anyone is interested in me handing it over. Originally I didn't intend on using cheats on the server but I in a way used the cheats as an excuse to get revenge against my previous ghosting ban.

Why I am appealing

I am appealing this ban because I realized I made a massive mistake and personally I think that the ban was justified. However I wish to apologize for my actions and I'm sorry to those experiences who I've affected by my past behaviour, I promise I am a changed man now and won't be doing anything like that again if I do get unbanned. I also made this appeal because of the Fistful of Frags server that launched not too long ago, I have played on it before the GMod ban caught on and made it so I'm unable to connect to the server anymore. I brought up a discussion with Gramps about the Fistful of Frags ban as I was aware he banned one of my friends on the assumption of cheating (this has since been resolved I believe), however he had advised me to create this appeal in order to jump back into the action.

Hopefully I'm able to backtrack and fix any of my wrongdoings so I can sort out and better my reputation with GFLClan. I personally feel like it has been a long time and I have no grudges against GFLClan, in fact the staff here have been nothing but friendly and helpful to me despite my past behaviour. I just don't want to sound like I'm being too friendly or apologetic to anyone here in order to be unbanned since appeals usually take place a few hours to a few days after the offense has been taken but I do genuinely wish to turn things around, I do want to start a-new to prove that I am a good person and not the person I was before.

Outro

If you've read everything, thanks for taking the time out of your day to read all of this. If you have any questions or if you want my video I previously mentioned, do tell me and I won't hesitate to answer. I wish to be given a second chance and hopefully I can be a role-model many can look up to.

Cheers,

craZy_y0

Guest SkydivingSquid
Posted  Edited by SkydivingSquid

@craZy_y0 thank you for your appeal and for putting the effort you did into making it as detail oriented as possible. 

Your player history is indeed concerning. Your VAC score is a 44%, and you have a large number of friends with similar bans on record. You also seem to have a ginormous friends list, which also makes me worry about possible instances of ghosting in the future (though I hope that would never happen). 

You were banned for aimbot on September 7th, 2018 by my Senior Admin, @MooTheCow.  This type of ban requires a minimum of 1 year time served before submitting an appeal. 

Though it’s only been 9 months, I will accept your appeal early and modify your ban time to 1 year. You will be able to join GFL servers upon the expiration of your ban, September 7th, 2019. 

🦑

Edited by SkydivingSquid

@SkydivingSquid I appreciate your response and I'm happy to hear it. I've been through my friends list and got rid of about two thirds of them, mostly because I don't play with them anymore, they're inactive or they were throwaway accounts which got banned from CS:GO or other games.

Thank you for accepting my appeal, hopefully the next three months go by quick so I can come back to fragging on the Fistful server. Oh and promise me, I won't be breaking any rules on the GFL servers any time soon :)