Ben

Need iPhone suggestion!

Okay, so, I am switching back to Apple after going Android for a few reasons:

1. Incompatible with iMessages, which majority of my family uses Apple. Don't get me with Group chats. It literally split a few groups after a few more messages, which were made. Holy shit, though.
  2. The simplicity with the iPhone. Customizing Android was pretty fun and were more exciting, but having something so simple would make it easier to use, gaming, texting, chatting, etc. to me - not to mention, iOS 13 will be featuring dark mode in September. It's just something that I originally preferred since my first "smarter" phone was iPhone 5C (Samsung Galaxy Centura ruined my experience with Android).
  3. A few necessary features from the iPhone. Being able to customize vibrations, since I'm deaf, using something stronger will help me to probably wake up. I was able to do that with the alarms. Unfortunately, for Galaxy Note 8, that was not possible. I tried to find third-party apps to see if they have any sort of that stuff. Textra (third-party app) was able to do that. 
  4. I cracked my phone, which was on me. I couldn't pay in time to get it renewed last year, as I was really tight on money at the time. It's really dying slowly, as I noticed a purple line.

Although I will miss the features by Android (Currently have Galaxy Note 8), it is one of the most powerful phones I've ever had. Better camera, better battery, and being able to play games heavily. Also tallest, I guess. 

Now, let's get on the topic:

I will be paying Note 8 off within the next 6 months, which gives me perfect timing to get a new phone. Currently, I have 3 choices to go with:

1. iPhone XR
  2. iPhone XS
  3. iPhone XS Max

Knowing that my previous iPhone was 7 plus, the screen will be VERY different. Everything is going to be different, but I will quickly get used to it. I am currently looking at iPhone XS because I wanted to go with a small phone for now. Being able to fit the phone easier, not having a pocket full. Note 8 made me realized that with the case, it went up to 6.7 inches. It can get uncomfortable at times, but most of the time, it really isn't. 

iPhone XS Max is interesting, especially with the battery. I'm not sure if I should go with that, however, because of its size. I am a heavy phone user, I use my phone along with my iPad for communication necessary and entertainment. 

iPhone XR is also interesting. Its battery, color choices, and the size. They have an ok camera, I guess, but it turns me off for some reasons because of the size. I just want a small smartphone under 6 inches.

iPhone XS is literally the same as XS Max, but small, the only downside is the battery life. Knowing that I am a heavy phone user, I don't even know.

Note: shitposting will lead you to get your post hidden.

For you all iPhone users, based on the notes that I've mentioned all above, what do you recommend?

76561198043643390.png

2 minutes ago, Qasem said:

Suggest a iPhone XS

For what? Why? I need more than just " suggest a iPhone XS". I'm getting a little bit picky, I guess, with the experience on the size of phones and the battery life.

76561198043643390.png

Are you able to wait for the new phone coming around September? 

Also, are your hands large? If so, I would recommend the XS Max so it would fit your hand better. 

jitticus

I am no where near an iphone guy but if i had to choose.. i would say the xs, it is perfect all around with the A12 processor, 2436x1125 resolution screen, crisp camera quality, 5.8 screen, and i think it is just super fast, very clear, takes great photos, but keep in mind that notch at the top takes a little while to get used too. I am not trying to convert you back to android but keep in mind that you pay more for less.. but yeah xs is amazing. but if you got big hands then go with the xs max.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

For what? Why? I need more than just " suggest a iPhone XS". I'm getting a little bit picky, I guess, with the experience on the size of phones and the battery life.

Yeah I'm sorry if I can't explain because it is 5 am at the moment but here's the things you'll be looking for here https://www.apple.com/lae/iphone-xs/

375712617_Palestine2.png.d5149026cf1eebfdb430feec3054e158.png

6 minutes ago, TheJitFace said:

Are you able to wait for the new phone coming around September? 

Also, are your hands large? If so, I would recommend the XS Max so it would fit your hand better. 

I can wait, but I don't really care about having to wait. There are chances that it'll be the same as last year. 2018 models are perfect for me, I guess. I intend to upgrade every 2 years, however, less if I liked the new phone.

I don't even know if my hand is large (if this helps, my hand covers the phone, barely). You should also note that I don't like my pockets being full because of having a taller phone.

6 minutes ago, ChuppaTricky said:

I am no where near an iphone guy but if i had to choose.. i would say the xs, it is perfect all around with the A12 processor, 2436x1125 resolution screen, crisp camera quality, 5.8 screen, and i think it is just super fast, very clear, takes great photos, but keep in mind that notch at the top takes a little while to get used too. I am not trying to convert you back to android but keep in mind that you pay more for less.. but yeah xs is amazing. but if you got big hands then go with the xs max.

I am aware that I can pay for cheaper Android phones. It's not really a thing for me. I just realized that having a phone so simple is for me. While I am a tech guy, I usually only work/tweak with computers and servers rather than towards to phones. Thanks for the suggestion though.

6 minutes ago, Qasem said:

Yeah I'm sorry if I can't explain because it is 5 am at the moment but here's the things you'll be looking for here https://www.apple.com/lae/iphone-xs/

That's understandable. I've already read all of those features, but what's stopping me to go 100% is the battery life. I'm a heavy phone user. I use the phone for communication and entertainment.

76561198043643390.png

Just now, Ben said:

I can wait, but I don't really care about having to wait. There are chances that it'll be the same as last year. 2018 models are perfect for me, I guess. I intend to upgrade every 2 years, however, less if I liked the new phone.

I don't even know if my hand is large (if this helps, my hand covers the phone, barely). You should also note that I don't like my pockets being full because of having a taller phone.

I am aware that I can pay for cheaper Android phones. It's not really a thing for me. I just realized that having a phone so simple is for me. While I am a tech guy, I usually only work/tweak with computers and servers rather than towards to phones. Thanks for the suggestion though.

That's understandable. I've already read all of those features, but what's stopping me to go 100% is the battery life. I'm a heavy phone user. I use the phone for communication and entertainment.

You are gonna have a hell of a time with an Iphone, it just seems super boring to me as a person, but the note 9 i have is just so fucking amazing, but that doesnt mean what apple puts out is bad.

No brother! Don't leave samsung! Resist apple!

I'm not even joking. My family and friends are annoyed that I got a samsung and I get annoyed about messaging them, but I wouldn't give any more money to a company charging $1000 for 2kg of aluminum (talking about the Apple "pro stand" if you don't know what I mean). 

I understand why most people like Apple but if we all agree that we're okay with phones and equipment that break after 1-2 years so we can buy another one with some small improvements and a $100+ price increase, Apple wins. 

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

13 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

I'm not even joking. My family and friends are annoyed that I got a samsung and I get annoyed about messaging them, but I wouldn't give any more money to a company charging $1000 for 2kg of aluminum (talking about the Apple "pro stand" if you don't know what I mean). 

I understand why most people like Apple but if we all agree that we're okay with phones and equipment that break after 1-2 years so we can buy another one with some small improvements and a $100+ price increase, Apple wins. 

Thank you duc, i had no other way of saying it.

13 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

Take L samsung doesn't do that to me.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

31 minutes ago, Mejilla said:

I’m not gonna make this too long, but I would go for the XR. I have the XR and it’s pretty good for the price. Most people complain that it doesn’t have some of the more minor details that the XS and XS Max have, but I don’t think those really matter. 

I went with the XR because it’ll be paid off before I go off to college next year, and it’s a more of a modern phone as well. It gets the job done, and it’s a lot more durable than the XS and XS Max, as I’ve seen. Many of the people around me have cracked their screen and the back casing of the phone within weeks of getting it. Sure, depends on drop height and angle, but this bad boy has been one strong little shit. Get you a nice thick clear case, and you would be set.

The camera is nice, sound is nice, and everything else is pretty damn nice. If you’re someone who cares about the 3D Touch and other small features then cross off the XR on your list. But the XR has done me pretty damn well for the last few months, and will last me until this thing ends up dead.

Edit note: The size of the phone is just perfect. I have fairly average sized hands and before the 6+ was even way too big for my hand. Though, I like the big screens/phones. So the sizing is key.

Another edit note: I use my phone CONSTANTLY. For school, I would wake up at 5 AM, phone is at 100% from charging at night, and go about my day without charging it. At about 6-7 PM, my phone would be at about 20%-30%. Just another key thing I like about it. Some say the battery is faulty, but that may be their own damage to it.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll take a note to look into XR, even though it lacks a better camera. Don't worry, though, I have a case in mind to use.

17 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

Ok, but why are you posting it in an iPhone suggestion thread? Android is not for everyone, I just have a problem to decide between all of those. Not to mention, I will get the phone through lease flex plan (pay to own it, or send it back to get an upgrade, or pay to own it AND upgrade it).

Also, please stay on topic. Anymore related to Apple/Samsung trashing should probably go somewhere else. 

76561198043643390.png

I have The Xs this phone is crazy fast you can't find a faster phone than this. Amazing camera. I shoot portraits especially at night with friends it's amazing what it can do. Speakers are the loudest you can get. Amazing phone overall for anything really.

17 minutes ago, MASTAH said:

I have The Xs this phone is crazy fast you can't find a faster phone than this. Amazing camera. I shoot portraits especially at night with friends it's amazing what it can do. Speakers are the loudest you can get. Amazing phone overall for anything really.

Are you a heavy phone user? What's your average of battery life for iPhone XS, and when did you get it? 

Thanks for the suggestion, by the way.

76561198043643390.png

I got the XS Max like 2 weeks ago. And I am amazed by the performance. Firstly, the battery life is amazing. I’ve never had a phone with such great battery life. A single charge over night gives me about 2 days of use. (Sometimes less depending on much how I’m on it) Secondly, the camera is absolutely amazing. Everything is such high quality, and the portrait mode is cool. Now the question is, do you get the XS or the XS Max. They are practically the same, one just is bigger and has a better battery. If you have big hands then I say go for the XS Max. But if you have small hands like me, the XS probably would be a better choice. 

1 hour ago, Pancake Jenkins said:

I got the XS Max like 2 weeks ago. And I am amazed by the performance. Firstly, the battery life is amazing. I’ve never had a phone with such great battery life. A single charge over night gives me about 2 days of use. (Sometimes less depending on much how I’m on it) Secondly, the camera is absolutely amazing. Everything is such high quality, and the portrait mode is cool. Now the question is, do you get the XS or the XS Max. They are practically the same, one just is bigger and has a better battery. If you have big hands then I say go for the XS Max. But if you have small hands like me, the XS probably would be a better choice. 

How's your pocket with iPhone XS Max? Does it feel full?

76561198043643390.png

19 hours ago, Ben said:

Are you a heavy phone user? What's your average of battery life for iPhone XS, and when did you get it? 

Thanks for the suggestion, by the way.

Last november I think the phone has the best battery ever top 3. I use it heavily it can last all day