ShadowjabUltra

D-9341

When it comes down to it, D Class do not have much diversity as the Officers.

Tactical Response Officers have snipers, pyro units, medics, and even a commander. The D Class only have SCP-035. Not much distinction there for the biggest pool of players every round.

But what if the D Class had another special spawn? Something that would spice things up for the D Class and entire round in general. I'm thinking that something is Class D #9341.

D-9341

So D-9341 is the character you play as in the SCP Containment Breach game. His origins are mostly unknown. We know that his actual name is Benjamin Oliver Walker. He was formally a researcher, and he was demoted to D-Class after looking into something called The Spiral Gestalt.

What makes Ben special from other D Class is his special mysterious powers. These powers seemed to appear from nowhere when the Breach occurred,but damn if they didn't help D-9341 escape. What are these mysterious powers? Well, it is simply the power to SAVE and LOAD of course! The ability to SAVE let's you set a respawn point. LOAD is what lets you respawn to that SAVE point when you die. Simple gamer stuff. But how could that be implemented?

SCP-079 can set a teleportation point wherever on the map, so it should be feasible to use the same ability somewhat to set where you respawn. A timer can be implemented as well to keep D-9341 from using it wildly and unstrategically. These SAVEs should also be able to let you respawn to it multiple times without having to create a new SAVE every time. If D-9341 does not SAVE, then D-9341 should automatically respawn in the D Block.

SCP-076-2 has multiple lives per round,so setting up the respawn shouldn't be much of an issue. The main concern is about how many lives D-9341 should have per round. 5 or more seem a bit much even if it is a D Class role. 4 or 3 make more sense in my opinion. (completely open for debate on this)

Other than these abilities, D-9341 would just be an average D Class. He's not faster or more durable. His health is even the same. By far this is simply a unique shade of D Class, but it is one from a game that most likely inspired the Breach game-mode. 

Other Possible Implementations

- When you SAVE, you also keep a record of what you had on you at the time. This means when you respawn, you get the weapons and items you had when you created the SAVE.

- The LOAD could take a few more seconds than Abel's respawn. Mostly done to mimic the loading in the actual game taking a bit. More of a joke than anything.

- No default skin for this special D Class. You can wear whatever skin you want from the Shop while you are this special D Class

- Have D-9341 spawn near SCP-173's chamber. If no SAVE point is set, you could also have him spawn there automatically by default. Just a reference to the games.

Hopefully my color coding doesn't come off as annoying. Just wanted certain words to pop out more.

Posted  Edited by Cpt.Haxray

Issues with this suggestion:

-Im all for more interesting 'd-class spawns', but a respawning d-class is pushing it. It is also just a d-class with multiple lives in practice. 3-4 respawns is insanely overpowered due to how fast people die with guns. This isn't particularly interesting(This one d-class gets to come back to life a few times, and can set his respawn point).

-Allowing custom models for this is difficult due to how the pointshop is set-up/coded, and would be a lot of hassle for a single exception to get working.

-I don't like referencing SCP:CB with D-9341 specifically because the only ending that references his save/load ability as actually being an ability he has is a joke ending(where hes captured by the foundation, and an audio log plays explaining his 'behavior' is made to make fun of someone controlling a character in a video game, to the point it evne mentions 'extreme fright can lead to D-9341 standing unresponsive for several seconds to minutes at a time while staring off in a specific direction with no expression shown on his face'.

So uh... really main issue is that its kinda boring.

Edited by Cpt.Haxray

I'm kinda neutral on it, I can see it being kinda cool and possibly changing the game around, but also not that based in lore... And do the D class need more diversity? It seems like a bit of a buff to the D class. Are they unbalanced in the game right now? To me, not really.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Maximino007

Personally I would like it better if there was a Class-D that started with a swep that allowed him to set a teleport and he can teleport to that spot for the entire round just like 079's RMB without any extra lives.

Edited by Maximino007

21 hours ago, Maximino007 said:

Personally I would like it better if there was a Class-D that started with a swep that allowed him to set a teleport and he can teleport to that spot for the entire round just like 079's RMB without any extra lives.

Eh kinda fells like d boi 079

d9341 should have some extra health, like only 25+ hp and around 2/3 lives, i don't know, but maybe, well xy probably can't do it but if the round is normal, hard, or easy, then at easy he can save where ever he wants, normal he needs to find save spots, and hard is he just spawns at d boi spawn

Alright what about dis, let him set spawn points in certain areas, pbbly areas with monitors. Then d-9341 should not be able to pick up any weapons only keycards, health, etc. If you go down this route he would either have a lot of lives or be immortal as long as he sets a respawn point. While this may be more annoying since you could get camped at your respawn point, and the fact that the only way to defend yourself in this situation would be to either have the hat or maybe the umbrella and snav ult. Another idea may be to have d-9341 spawn in with an snav ult, so as to give them a higher chance of survival. This idea may hold closer to the lore of d-9341.

On 8/21/2019 at 8:32 AM, chan_man1 said:

Alright what about dis, let him set spawn points in certain areas, pbbly areas with monitors. Then d-9341 should not be able to pick up any weapons only keycards, health, etc. If you go down this route he would either have a lot of lives or be immortal as long as he sets a respawn point. While this may be more annoying since you could get camped at your respawn point, and the fact that the only way to defend yourself in this situation would be to either have the hat or maybe the umbrella and snav ult. Another idea may be to have d-9341 spawn in with an snav ult, so as to give them a higher chance of survival. This idea may hold closer to the lore of d-9341.

There are no dumb ideas except this. A lot of complaints on this post are about how d class are op snd like you are just making the respawned d class even more op. Don’t give it a snav ultimate d class are already annoying to deal with.

3 hours ago, Banjo Kazooie said:

There are no dumb ideas except this. A lot of complaints on this post are about how d class are op snd like you are just making the respawned d class even more op. Don’t give it a snav ultimate d class are already annoying to deal with.

Dang and I thought my idea made him hella useless