CheapTactic

Removable replies

-1 We don't need this, if you screwed up and wrote something bad, it's here forever.

If you wish to talk to me, send me a PM but it's easier to reach me on Steam.

vf05UJb.jpg

Posted  Edited by CheapTactic
1 minute ago, Azura said:

-1 We don't need this, if you screwed up and wrote something bad, it's here forever.

What do you mean its here for ever?I guess you want the editing out as well?Because if I write some shit I can edit it all out in 2 seconds.

If I regret posting and getting into some topic I should be able to delete it.

Edited by CheapTactic

02-416x277.jpg

18 minutes ago, CheapTactic said:

Members and above should be able to delete their replies by themselves to avoid problems, and it could save a bit of work from the Mods.

That could cause a few problems. Someone could say something really offensive about someone, that someone replies and then the guy deletes his post making the guy look stupid. Or something similar. 

You can always just edit your post and write in something like

"Never mind"

And leave it at that.

11f4263ab6c30a3489f8db3145340861.png

So everyone is listing their former stuff so I'll just be cool and list mine :3

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player

Posted  Edited by Azura
3 minutes ago, CheapTactic said:

What do you mean its here for ever?I guess you want the editing out as well?Because if I write some shit I can edit it all out in 2 seconds.

If I regret posting and getting into some topic I should be able to delete it.

Well, you have just proven that we don't need the remove reply option, you can just edit it. 

P.S:

I'm pretty sure mods and admins can see edit history on a reply.

Edited by Azura

vf05UJb.jpg

1 minute ago, Snoopy said:

That could cause a few problems. Someone could say something really offensive about someone, that someone replies and then the guy deletes his post making the guy look stupid. Or something similar. 

You can always just edit your post and write in something like

"Never mind"

And leave it at that.

Then the reply itself should stay in his activity but not in the topic itself.

Why do that if you would be able to delete the comment?And if you edit it out, it will cause the same thing you argue against deleting.

02-416x277.jpg

2 minutes ago, Azura said:

Well, you have just proven that we don't need the remove reply option, you can just edit it. 

P.S:

I'm pretty sure mods and admins can see edit history on a reply.

Its still taking space in the topic, I don't want to scroll nor want my comments in the topic to be "never mind" or simply dots in them just to "delete" what you/I have said.

Edited by CheapTactic

02-416x277.jpg

2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

What if I (or anyone else in general) have nothing to say? Like the post shouldn't even exist, and it was created by accident?

Everyone has the right to say what they want to say, this isn't a "members only" discussion.

If you created a post by accident, edit it, tag a mod using the "@" function and ask them kindly to remove the post that you have made.

1 minute ago, CheapTactic said:

Its still taking space in the topic, I don't want to scroll nor want my comments in the topic to be "never mind" or simply dots in them just to "delete" what you/I have said.

Read above.

vf05UJb.jpg

3 minutes ago, Azura said:

Everyone has the right to say what they want to say, this isn't a "members only" discussion.

If you created a post by accident, edit it, tag a mod using the "@" function and ask them kindly to remove the post that you have made.

Read above.

The mods don't need to do that, it is a waste of time for them, its time to give freedom and rights for the members of this community too, its time to be able to delete our posts on our own without bothering the mods.

Don't see why the big anti on this little small function that only has benefits.

Edited by CheapTactic

02-416x277.jpg

Posted  Edited by ManBearPig
Just now, Azura said:

Read above.

Cheap says it'll "save time and work for mods" if everyone can simply gain the ability to delete their own, and ONLY their own posts. Topics and status updates are not spared. What if I have nothing to say? What if I don't want to look like a total loser in front of everyone else? If this thing was ever implemented, higher-ups should be able to see the deleted post at will. I don't want to say "never mind," I want to say "Goodbye, shitpost."

I will not be replying to this topic any further. If you want to forward this conversation, PM me.

Edited by ManBearPig

Posted  Edited by Azura - Edit Reason: Fixed a spelling error
10 minutes ago, CheapTactic said:

The mods don't need to do that, it is a waste of time for them, its time to give freedom and rights for the members of this community too, its time to be able to delete our posts on our own without bothering the mods.

Don't see why the big anti on this little small function.

Time to give fredom and rights to the members? Is this communist Russia?

There's a reason why users can't remove their own posts.

There's a permission system in which it states that regular members have regular rights, that is post, view, edit and upload, if you want to remove posts, apply to be a moderator.

It would be pointless to have such a function, and if there's a fight on the forums between someone, they can't just remove the post so the mods don't see it.

Not implementing this option will be a way easier soulution than adding it.

Mods have to do what they have to do; MODERATE the forums, it's their job, not yours, not mine, it's their.

If you want to remove something, ask the mods, if you don't want to ask them, become one.

10 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Cheap says it'll "save time and work for mods" if everyone can simply gain the ability to delete their own, and ONLY their own posts. Topics and status updates are not spared. What if I have nothing to say? What if I don't want to look like a total loser in front of everyone else? If this thing was ever implemented, higher-ups should be able to see the deleted post at will.

It would take time to code something like that, because a remove options usually deletes records from the database.

To do this, you would have to write a new system where ALL the posts are stored in a different location, something like a backup.

It would be a waste of time to code.

---

My imput about this: Let the users vote, if most of the users vote for it to be added, then add it. 

My vote is still No.

Edited by Azura
Fixed a spelling error

vf05UJb.jpg

tl;dr the stupid fucking argument in a suggestion topic. (just put plus 1 or minus 1, bitching at OP won't change their decision)

I plus 1 this. I'm sure moderators, etc. can view history in topics, or something of the like (and if they can't, they oughtta be able to). It's a well-founded suggestion and I think it would be useful for people who, for instance:

-Have internet problems (as I do occasionally) and end up being able to submit their response more than once.

> I once ended up posting the same thing like 4 times, and wish I could have just deleted the extra responses myself.

-As previously mentioned, posting in a topic which you --in hindsight-- shouldn't have and want to rescind your post.

> I've made posts several times (out  of anger, confusion, cancer, etc.) and then, looking back, wish I could have removed the posts myself.

It doesn't make sense that we are forced to rely on moderators (and reporting our own posts) to have them removed. I understand that it's the mods' jobs, but we really should be able to fix our own mistakes, with moderators able to look through a history of sorts, to see what was really posted to resolve any conflicts.

tl;dr : +1

Holy shit I spent way too much time typing this damn thing up

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GM3PM22.gif

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) GFL PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) STEAM PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) BattleTag: Doctersalt#1734 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1033049.png

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

-1 for deleting.

I'm not sure if members can hide their own posts, but if they can't then let them do that.

As it is right now, no one is supposed to be deleting posts for the sake of having some sort of record to show that something was said.

Deleting posts isn't needed. People should be able to hide their posts, though.

"Be good people"

7 minutes ago, Major_Push said:

-1 for deleting.

I'm not sure if members can hide their own posts, but if they can't then let them do that.

As it is right now, no one is supposed to be deleting posts for the sake of having some sort of record to show that something was said.

Deleting posts isn't needed. People should be able to hide their posts, though.

Didn't think of this, that way higher-ups can see and all, right?

GM3PM22.gif

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) GFL PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) STEAM PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) BattleTag: Doctersalt#1734 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1033049.png

13 minutes ago, DemonWithAShotgun said:

Didn't think of this, that way higher-ups can see and all, right?

yeah.

People might say that the user can just edit their post if they want to cover things up but that still allows us to know that something was said. 

"Be good people"