dont care, fuck off

Should no nom day still exist?

Posted  Edited by ALWAYSWANNAEDGE - Edit Reason: 5 maps, not 7

Recently I've been chatting with a few people about whether or not no nom day should still be around, so I'm going to jump straight into the pros and cons.

Pros:

- Helps get obscure maps get discovered/rediscovered.

- Brings back nostalgia of classic maps that have once been played.

- More "relaxing" since there's a far less chance to have most nominations with tryhard maps (i've seen days where it's just a choice between wanders, santa, aestethic, etc. only).

Cons:

- Little quality control in what can get selected, if all 5 nominated maps have a poor reputation, server is going to die.

- Alot harder for people who want their map to be playtested, unless an admin is online and nice enough to force the lobby to play that map.

- Generally, people want to nominate the maps they want to play, and have their own maps they dislike, which will give them a less incentive to connect.

I, for one, am against no nom day, or at least want it moved off of sunday as it lies in the timezone im in. Any thoughts?

Edited by ALWAYSWANNAEDGE
5 maps, not 7

I'm backk.

To add to the Pros list: 

- Play maps that are not usually available on the server

I find that most of the time I play on zero nom day is so I can have the chance to play minas, otaku, pidaras, wanderers v2, etc. Though most of the time it ends up being all shit maps and 1 good map that is on option 8 so it never gets voted.

My personal opinion is that we should add all non-broken maps to the normal nom list and have old versions of maps (that are significantly different to the newer version), broken maps that can be still fun, and maybe 150 mb+ maps (not sure if many like this idea since it will have an impact on population). A map shouldn't be removed on the normal nom list because "it's overplayed".

Literally all the negatives can be summed up as: "I don't like playing maps that I don't like". Thats not a good reason to remove because there are others who do. As for the testing point, a map is tested when an admin is on because admins have control and are able to reset the maps or adjust as needed to make sure the test goes well. We also add the maps into the list when we are ready to test them, so there is no need to test when an admin is not active.

Our server population hardly falls below 50 players, and the lowest population we have is during the middle of the night when most of America is sleeping. Which is expected, considering this is an American server and people outside of America are less likely to connect. We are also still the number one server, so we do not have a problem with population.

If you don't like the map playing, you don't have to play it. Come back later. Other people may want to play it.

Posted  Edited by OLIVKA

Well. 0 nominations day was made specially for new players who wants to understand how to player ZE at the beggining. As you can see there is a lot of non tryhard maps what you cant see in normal nominate list. First of all a lot of new players like it because it helps them to understand ZE in general, how to run, survive, defend throw nades in time e.t.c.. Our server is bissicly on non-tryhard community and a lot of players come there for just take fun and relax after hard school / work day. Secondly random people are opening something new in old CS GO that they will love i swear. More over in normal days server is sometimes empty because a lot of good tryhard players playing in the same maps. Predator - Mako - Wanderers - Santasination - Pirates. This circle is never ending so a lot of new players just leaving for 1 reason, they dont understand how dodge the lasers, survive after the boss fights and they are just getting bored from it. Thats why 0 nom day was

made, to show new community that zombie escape is not just about tryhard, it is about taking fun and enjoy from it. So my friend that is all i wanted to say. :lenny:

Edited by OLIVKA

In my opinion,keeping maps for ONLY 0 nom days is a bad idea.If the maps are not broken or are not 150MB+(if there are any maps over it)they should be on normal rotation,just because its gonna be overplayed it doesnt mean that it has to be an exclusive map for 0 nom day,and we already have the 25-30 maps cooldown isnt that enough?Maps like Minas,Wanderers v2,Pidaras,OLD Gris need good teams to beat it,that we dont have 70% of the day,because the server is full autism or they dont feel playing it at that time and the map have a chance to not show up for the rest of the day,making us to wait for next week to play maps that we like.They are not even played anymore,Minas for example its not played because players dont know the map,but how they gonna know the map if we never play it?It used to be like that with Santa!IF keeping 2 versions of the same map is a problem you might as well add something called shared cooldowns for the maps(for example if we play wanderers v2 we wont be able to play wanderers v4 bc its on cd)and that should fix that problem.And maybe moving 0 nom day to a midweek  since people like to tryhard at weekends because they are busy at midweek but they cant because they cant choose a map.

I know the second idea might not work well,but for the sake of some players that like to tryhard maps at the moment they feel like (at weekends) and maps that are exclusive for 0 nom day,PLEASE,add the maps that arent on normal rotation so we dont depend on rng and spend the entire day waiting for our map(that might not even show up).

Nothing else to say about 0 nom day.

1 hour ago, OLIVKA said:

Our server is bissicly on non-tryhard community and a lot of players come there for just take fun and relax after hard school / work day. Secondly random people are opening something new in old CS GO that they will love i swear. More over in normal days server is sometimes empty because a lot of good tryhard players playing in the same maps. Predator - Mako - Wanderers - Santasination - Pirates. This circle is never ending so a lot of new players just leaving for 1 reason, they dont understand how dodge the lasers, survive after the boss fights and they are just getting bored from it. Thats why 0 nom day was

made, to show new community that zombie escape is not just about tryhard, it is about taking fun and enjoy from it.

Too many tryhards should be less of an issue during the summer because school is out and that's when all of the more casual players come online to play.

Now there is of course the issue of people very quickly nominating nothing BUT tryhard maps (everyone probably had that one moment where all you see is predator, mako, wanderers, santa, and pirates in the same nomination block). I think the easiest solution here is to increase the amount of nominations from 5 to 7 maps, but make 2 maps always random. Ex:

1 = no vote

2-3 = random maps

4-8 = nominated maps

9 = extend

I'm backk.

Again as block said this just seems that you are trying to fix something for yourself and not the entire server...

I think the no nom day thingy got answered already so I'll give my pov on your suggestion..

While it is not that common as you say that maps on the nom list are 100% tryhard or 100% casuals (if this is the case there's a big chance the server is full with one or another type of player so having 4 tryhard and 1 casual map would make no difference), your suggestion still intrigues me.

The first thing that came to mind when I read your suggestion was what happened 2 days ago. We decided to play tilex since it was on nominations and we were on round 3 winning and almost on round 4 when we had the first vote... most of the server was happy to keep playing tilex but 60% of the people voted minecraft... after minecraft the server only had 20 people online (10 being the "tryhards" that wanted to extend), so what happened to the other 40 people that wanted to play minecraft??? if they wanted to play minecraft why would they leave? A large amount of people on the server right now (both tryhards and casuals) will vote for a map they don't care and leave if they dislike the current map, so having 2 more options would just help their behavior (tryhards also do this when casuals maps are being played so both "parts" are to fault here).

Also playing only tryhard maps or only casual maps does not kill the server at all. When hydreigon release westersand (since you are arguing against tryhards I'll only give their pov) the server filled every time at around 10am PST and there would be a wave of "tryhard" maps that kept the server at 60 for 3-4 hours, that said if somehow a casual map was voted it would empty (same how if voting a tryhard map during casual hours it empties for a bit).

So your suggestion does intrigue me and I hope I could be clear but these are what came to mind immediately as to why I don't feel it would be an improvement.

11 minutes ago, Altek said:

The first thing that came to mind when I read your suggestion was what happened 2 days ago. We decided to play tilex since it was on nominations and we were on round 3 winning and almost on round 4 when we had the first vote... most of the server was happy to keep playing tilex but 60% of the people voted minecraft... after minecraft the server only had 20 people online (10 being the "tryhards" that wanted to extend), so what happened to the other 40 people that wanted to play minecraft??? if they wanted to play minecraft why would they leave? A large amount of people on the server right now (both tryhards and casuals) will vote for a map they don't care and leave if they dislike the current map, so having 2 more options would just help their behavior (tryhards also do this when casuals maps are being played so both "parts" are to fault here).

I was actually there when that happened. I was one of the people who wanted to extend, but when minecraft adventure got voted in I actually left. As for the other 40 people, my best guess is that someone started a leave train and the people who didn't know better just followed because they thought it was the popular thing to do?

14 minutes ago, Altek said:

Also playing only tryhard maps or only casual maps does not kill the server at all. When hydreigon release westersand (since you are arguing against tryhards I'll only give their pov) the server filled every time at around 10am PST and there would be a wave of "tryhard" maps that kept the server at 60 for 3-4 hours, that said if somehow a casual map was voted it would empty (same how if voting a tryhard map during casual hours it empties for a bit).

So your suggestion does intrigue me and I hope I could be clear but these are what came to mind immediately as to why I don't feel it would be an improvement.

My suggestion was in response to olivka where he wanted casuals to have a chance to learn an easy map.

If there's more casuals than tryhards at any given time, then by logic casuals should be outvoting tryhards for casual maps, and same could be said vice versa, that's how voting should work.

Hell, I could use the reverse: on no nom day, server is full of new and casual people, yet all they see in the nomination block is tryhard maps, and they cannot extend. Therefore said tryhard map is gonna get wasted because of how the system works. If casuals want to play new maps, then they should vote them in.

As for the two random maps, it will at least function as a safeguard in case they don't like the maps that were so quickly nominated.

I'm backk.

32 minutes ago, ALWAYSWANNAEDGE said:

As for the two random maps, it will at least function as a safeguard in case they don't like the maps that were so quickly nominated.

This is what I liked about the idea but was unsure how it would work.. If I may add something :

2 hours ago, ALWAYSWANNAEDGE said:

1 = no vote

2-3 = random maps

4-8 = nominated maps

9 = extend

I'd argue the 2 random maps should be the last (so 7-8=randoms,2-6=noms), since it's a safeguard they should be away from the normal voted maps of 4-5 so we don't have the random voting of maps (for example ppl voting 4 as vote comes up without seeing it), so they would be 7-8 so people that wanted to vote those maps would need to see what map it is and not vote randomly, this being an attempt to give nominated maps more importance.

4 minutes ago, Altek said:

TI'd argue the 2 random maps should be the last (so 7-8=randoms,2-6=noms), since it's a safeguard they should be away from the normal voted maps of 4-5 so we don't have the random voting of maps (for example ppl voting 4 as vote comes up without seeing it), so they would be 7-8 so people that wanted to vote those maps would need to see what map it is and not vote randomly, this being an attempt to give nominated maps more importance.

I only said slots 2-3 for random because right now they're going unused, though I'm not against this suggestion at all.

I'm backk.

5 hours ago, ALWAYSWANNAEDGE said:

Cons:

- Little quality control in what can get selected, if all 5 nominated maps have a poor reputation, server is going to die.

- Alot harder for people who want their map to be playtested, unless an admin is online and nice enough to force the lobby to play that map.

- Generally, people want to nominate the maps they want to play, and have their own maps they dislike, which will give them a less incentive to connect.

I would like to comment and point out those cons. 

1. There are a lot of maps that rarely get played on. Players like me would explore and play the map as fun. By the way, as somebody said above, the server population rarely go below 50 players. 

2. No nomination day is usually used once in a while(1 every 2 months or something). 

3. Like I said, there are also players that'd like to play a map that is never nominated often. If they don't like the map, they can come back later to see if the map is changed.

I like no-nomination day event only if it's used once in a while, like bi-weekly or every month during the weekends.

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by kikofly
34 minutes ago, Benroyjam said:

I would like to comment and point out those cons. 

1. There are a lot of maps that rarely get played on. Players like me would explore and play the map as fun. By the way, as somebody said above, the server population rarely go below 50 players. 

2. No nomination day is usually used once in a while(1 every 2 months or something). 

3. Like I said, there are also players that'd like to play a map that is never nominated often. If they don't like the map, they can come back later to see if the map is changed.

I like no-nomination day event only if it's used once in a while, like bi-weekly or every month during the weekends.

no nom day is every week on sundays, we used to do it on saturdays but we changed it to sundays.

aside from those maps being overplayed, nominations gets filled up right away almost immediately as soon it become available. Usually the regulars that do these  and  other players are bummed out not being able to nominate maps they want to play. you literally have to race for a spot in the nomlist lol.

we considered having nomination command for members only, or certain maps to be nominated for vip only.

or in any way for so we can limit how much 1 person can nominate.

im not quite sure what happen about these ideas, but im pretty sure that these ultimately lead into no-noms-day.

2-3 is a message to let them know to not carelessly pick a random map without giving thought of first. 

Edited by kikofly

2 hours ago, kikofly said:

no nom day is every week on sundays, we used to do it on saturdays but we changed it to sundays.

aside from those maps being overplayed, nominations gets filled up right away almost immediately as soon it become available. Usually the regulars that do these  and  other players are bummed out not being able to nominate maps they want to play. you literally have to race for a spot in the nomlist lol.

we considered having nomination command for members only, or certain maps to be nominated for vip only.

or in any way for so we can limit how much 1 person can nominate.

im not quite sure what happen about these ideas, but im pretty sure that these ultimately lead into no-noms-day.

2-3 is a message to let them know to not carelessly pick a random map without giving thought of first. 

please don't make nominating certain maps vip only.

Posted  Edited by Block
1 hour ago, xSnowyAngel said:

That probably won't happen, don't worry :happytree:

probably

giphy.gif

Edited by Block

I think many players enjoy 0 nominations day because of all the unique maps that can't be nominated. I think if they were to be added onto the normal nomination list people wouldn't play on the server for the small chance of Minas or Wanderers v2 when they can just nominate it whenever they please on every other day. So i believe we should keep the 0 nomination day as is and not add the exclusively 0 nomination day maps to the normal rotation however they could be available to be nominated with an extended cool down compared to other maps (e.g. once every 3 days or once every week).

I don't know why this whole debate is still ongoing, while no nominations day might be hated by most of the regulars (there are wayyyy fewer on every no nom day) it's still a great way to try new maps and attract new players... The point of no nom day isn't to have players play tryhard maps, it's for you to relax and play some new maps rather than dumbass port royale or other overplayed garbage...

It's only one day of the week too, you can sink into your endless cycle of nominating garbage for the 6 other days of the week and stop hating on the one time you aren't able to nominate the same overplayed maps.

22 hours ago, ALWAYSWANNAEDGE said:

I think the easiest solution here is to increase the amount of nominations from 5 to 7 maps, but make 2 maps always random.

Yes I agree. 2 maps on the vote list should be ze_Random_p2 everytime.