Ray4

Discord Active Member Role

so just right off the bat I wanted to mention that I'm making this suggestion not for myself, I wouldn't consider myself active enough before any accusations are dropped like that

Anyways, as the title says, my suggestion is to add a role that basically shows GFL acknowledges that this member is active on the discord. This role would not be separated onto it's own, so it doesn't look like this role is greater then the member role it just means again they're acknowledged for being active. Also it would have the same access as member has. I feel it would benefit by people possibly being more active, and those who are active feel more appreciated. Lastly the name can be fun, the community I administrate at uses homeboy as their active member role as an example.

I think we'd have to introduce too many of these as we have other things such as TS, and I bet people would ask for Shout box, the forums, and their games or modes.

I would like to see something a little more broad that can be given out more arbitrarily, but still recognized for a large amount of activity or commitment to the community, which is why I made a "Prominent Member" badge ;) 

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I'm not too sure about this idea. We could just set up a ranking system for level-ups, add an opt-in store where users can purchase Discord emoticons, I'm not too sure about role stores. I know a bot that does this kind of stuff.

76561198043643390.png

28 minutes ago, Benroy said:

I'm not too sure about this idea. We could just set up a ranking system for level-ups, add an opt-in store where users can purchase Discord emoticons, I'm not too sure about role stores. I know a bot that does this kind of stuff.

That's worth looking into.  I like that idea.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Pyros
On 26/01/2018 at 3:59 PM, Doctor F said:

I don't see the point in this role tbh

-1 (my opinion) 

All we going to do is push people to maybe even spam to get xp and levels. 

On 27/01/2018 at 5:45 AM, Ben Roy said:

this could work with only emoticons. No sense to create several different roles just to say someone is active. If someone is active people will know as they will see the person sending messages.

If we do get this, what are we going to use as a way to measure activity? Messages per day? Total time online? Total time typing/speaking(staying on a voice type)? 

Edited by Pyros

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

Spam would be a problem, yes. The urge would always be there for some types of people.

I'm going to close this suggestion for now, although we will keep @Ben Roy's input in mind since some of our auxiliary Discord servers had a system like that.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements