John Jeez Man

Russia prepares for nuclear war with us

Posted  Edited by Crusty

John, how many times do I have to tell you that no leader is this world is dumb enough to start a nuclear war, not even NK.

Edited by Crusty

etLqFFt.gif

Achievements

25 minutes ago, Crusty said:

John, how many times do I have to tell you that no leader is this world is dumb enough to start a nuclear war, not even NK.

I hate to pull the card, but Trump? 

76561198043643390.png

politics on this scale has always been a dick measuring contest, everyone says they got the biggest one, but the first one to pull theirs out is gonna regret it because everyone else will too

Posted  Edited by John Jeez Man - Edit Reason: I hate typing on my phone

You can’t estimate a world leader. Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, some other leaders when on a kill streak and earned attack dogs like millions of times (bo2). But, You never know man. What the world today is ripping itself apart with the “gun control” shit..

Edited by John Jeez Man
I hate typing on my phone

Server Manager of Squad.

be2e3ce9254c6a1d33fee472ec4323a3.png

Posted  Edited by Misaki

I side with Crusty here. No matter how... "dumb" some politicians may be, they all carry the knowledge of the consequences of a nuclear war.

Maybe not directly, but these disputes between Russia and the US happen behind other conflicts by each taking different sides.

Edited by Misaki

original.gif

Achievements

38 minutes ago, John Jeez Man said:

You can’t estimate a world leader. Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, some other leaders when on a kill streak and earned attack dogs like millions of times (bo2). But, You never know man. What the world today is ripping itself apart with the “gun control” shit..

Those situations were different from a nuclear war. It brought destruction, yes. They were manipulative and liars, yes. Their regimes weren't also the best.

But no leader would do something so dumb to this degree.

original.gif

Achievements

5 hours ago, Crusty said:

yet Mossad is supposedly dumb enough to launch a chemical attack despite the US withdrawing

https://streamable.com/uyi71

So what's the update? Also agreed with @Crusty . I'd be more concerned if rogue agents to something like ISIS and the Taliban stealing/given nuclear weapons and knowledge over say the DPRK or IRI (North Korean and Iran). In fact I'm 99% sure a nuclear war has higher chances of starting by "accident" rather than on purpose.

Interestingly, in a hypothetical situation, how much of our technology would be wiped out by a HANE or EMP device? I hear its impossible if a device is well shielded and grounded but not sure. If I had a solid metal case (no holes) or even a total foil covering clipped to a grounded spike in the basement would that ensure my computer, radio, or whatever is not fucked with? @Joshy ? :lenny: Also y'all kinda have this shielding already. Its called your house and the small rounded hole called the ground in your plug. Your cables have this shielding too if its 3 prongs. It just depends on how far away you are. The farther you are, the higher chances of electronics survival. I've disassembled washers and dryers in the past and it seems to me those would definitely survive. Even if they have computers in them to make them work. Too solidly built. Plus they're on the ground floor. So at least you can do your dirty radioactive laundry if your house doesn't fall apart. :lenny: "Basic" generators will also work as they have no semiconductors in them. The only problem is the generators give off "dirty power" (meaning not a perfect sine wave). Fans and A/C are also solidly built but some of the electronicals aren't protected by the magic light. :lenny: To live in the south or not. Feels nostalgic. A/C probably helps explain why Houston is the 3rd largest city. That and its distance from the north pole, which is where a hypothetical airstrike would come from. To Canadians on here, how does it feel to have the possibility of Russian missiles fly over head?:lenny:

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

Posted  Edited by CNe7532294 - Edit Reason: Spelling correction and link added.

Not my idea. This is a safety mandate both international and state side. I forgot to add that I am repairing a power supply's RIFA X and Y Caps today (see pic). This is yet another form of protection courtesy of UL, ANSI, IEEE, IEC. Specifically implemented in the AC mains filtering. This has already been in the books but for lightning as well as other EMI events like solar flaring on power lines.

From Underwriters Laboratories (the ones who put UL listed on anything electronics certified):

http://database.ul.com/cgi-bin/XYV/template/LISEXT/1FRAME/showpage.html?&objid=1073753701&cfgid=1073741824&version=versionless

I had assumed that an EMP would induce the same voltage if not less than a strong solar flare event or a strong thunderstorm if outside the blast damage radius of a nuke. I could be wrong about this assumption though but my point is that we have a fair amount of protection in electronics whether EMI or lightning. :lenny:

Also I keep on forgetting about your NDA, sorry about this, but I thought this was within public knowledge and free to share. You don't have to though if you're not allowed. We'll understand.

PS: I also forgot to add that a household's 3-prong power cable may not be shielded like a TV's coax grounded braid layer but perhaps theres still some form of protection since the factory will end up twisting hot, neutral, and ground cables together. In effect, reducing EMI pickup to some degree.

20180413_221216.jpg

Edited by CNe7532294
Spelling correction and link added.

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri