Members Posting In Ban Appeal Threads

5 hours ago, DemonOfRazgriz said:

boo im a cow

what

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, NegasonicTeenageGoat said:

@motorsteak its okay i payed for vip so this doesn't apply to me

• 2 months later...

I was playing TTT on the GFL server and ended up getting an auto slay for something i dont think was justified... I was the detective and was with another detective by the nether portal. I turned to look away for a few seconds and when i turned around i saw a person jump up and the detective that was with me died. Now naturally i assumed that the guy who just jumped at my detective friend was the one who killed him but alas... it was not him and he was innocent. (which resulted in me getting an auto slay for reason: RDM) Maybe anyone here could provide some insight as to how i could have better handled the situation. While being the detective surely i shouldn't be banned for one mistake? Yeah if i killed 5 or more innocents i could see it...but just one? Accidents happen. Im not looking to complain about the administrators. im just looking for some tips on how to be a better detective. 

15 minutes ago, Sir Armstrong said:

I was playing TTT on the GFL server and ended up getting an auto slay for something i dont think was justified... I was the detective and was with another detective by the nether portal. I turned to look away for a few seconds and when i turned around i saw a person jump up and the detective that was with me died. Now naturally i assumed that the guy who just jumped at my detective friend was the one who killed him but alas... it was not him and he was innocent. (which resulted in me getting an auto slay for reason: RDM) Maybe anyone here could provide some insight as to how i could have better handled the situation. While being the detective surely i shouldn't be banned for one mistake? Yeah if i killed 5 or more innocents i could see it...but just one? Accidents happen. Im not looking to complain about the administrators. im just looking for some tips on how to be a better detective. 

Well since you’re detective you have something called the DNA scanner, this allows you to get dna to pinpoint the player who killed the person, of course to get accurate DNA it involves 2 things 

1st) The player was close enough to the person when they were killed, now idk the exact range but if they are near the player I would say and killed them DNA should be presented 

2nd) A decoy is not around, a decoy when placed by a player allows DNA to retrace to it giving it a false radar signal, it can be destroyed with a C4 Explosion, gun damage or crowbar damage but that is it.

————

You also could ask if any witnesses saw who did it, now I know your instinct was to kill the first person since they seemed like they did it but as traitors they have to be slick, and even get you to kill innos

And since you were detective you had another option, the tester is commonly a threat to traitors, with the chance of exposing them, most traitors try to avoid at any cost to not be tested, so if the tester was ready (using the golden block) you could had tested any suspects to see who was inno and who wasn’t 

2 hours ago, TimeForYouToGetAWatch said:

Well since you’re detective you have something called the DNA scanner, this allows you to get dna to pinpoint the player who killed the person, of course to get accurate DNA it involves 2 things 

1st) The player was close enough to the person when they were killed, now idk the exact range but if they are near the player I would say and killed them DNA should be presented 

2nd) A decoy is not around, a decoy when placed by a player allows DNA to retrace to it giving it a false radar signal, it can be destroyed with a C4 Explosion, gun damage or crowbar damage but that is it.

————

You also could ask if any witnesses saw who did it, now I know your instinct was to kill the first person since they seemed like they did it but as traitors they have to be slick, and even get you to kill innos

And since you were detective you had another option, the tester is commonly a threat to traitors, with the chance of exposing them, most traitors try to avoid at any cost to not be tested, so if the tester was ready (using the golden block) you could had tested any suspects to see who was inno and who wasn’t 

Ok, i will try and use the tools more and rely less on coincidence. Its just frustrating because in my experience if you dont act quickly you end up dead. I also was disappointed by the auto slay because i like the GFL servers and do not want to have bad karma or a bad rep. I still feel like the detectives should have just a little more leeway with accidental kills. I was reported for RDM and explained that it was not RDM and that i made an honest mistake and was still punished for it. 

Thanks for the DNA scanner tip. I will try to use it more.