Quint

Top 5 Movies Of The Year

Since we're coming back, I thought I'd go back and name my top five favorite movies of the year (I didn't see many). In turn, what is everyone else's?

5.) Ant-Man and the Wasp: I love the first one and originally I didn't like this one much. I gave it a second chance, and was fully entertained despite some wonky editing here and there.

4.) Overlord: You wouldn't think a movie about World War II paratroopers versus Nazi mutants would be all that interesting, but as a modern day Grindhouse B-Movie combining horror and history, it was surprisingly entertaining and well made. It was born to be a Cult film, and is one as far as I'm concerned. That makes it better.

3.) Avengers: Infinity War: The ending still leaves me depressed and I think a big factor in this is how invested you are in the MCU up until this point. I'm pretty well invested.

2.) Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse: The best Spider-Man movie ever made. Fast, funny and perfect, a movie for every Spider-Man fan of every generation. Gorgeous animation, great voice acting and Stan Lee's best cameo. RIP Stan; thank you for everything!

1.) Black Panther: The Black Panther party was created in my hometown, and I understand why this is such a big deal. I don't think it will win Best Picture at the Oscars but this is still an important movie for people to see. I believe movies should be shared for everyone, so this is an important step in ensuring that.

Since it doesn't count down like top-five...

1. Avengers: Infinity War | Overall one of the most rewatchable movie this year. I just can't stop thinking about the end and a cliffhanger. All built up from 10 years to here, and I can't wait to see what's ahead for MCU after this. X-Men and Fantastic Four coming after the acquisition is finalized!
  2. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse | I watched it this weekend, but this movie was released in 2018. This movie is actually rather exciting and entertaining with balanced of serious and humor. If this movie gets a sequel, then I can't wait for it.
  3. Ant-Man and the Wasp | Just a good movie, and it have some connections and hints towards to Avengers: Endgame.
  4. Aquaman | Good lore, interesting back-story, especially around the Atlantis, and it's somewhat entertaining. DCEU needs more of this with Batman and a possible sequel to Justice League
  5. Mission Impossible: Fallout | Henry Cavill did some solid acting as a spy. I can't wait to see him playing more in spy-themed films. Possibly the next James Bond after Daniel Craig?

That's all for my opinion. Black Panther is in the top ten for me, though. 

76561198043643390.png

Not sure why Black Panther is such a big deal (I'm not from the US), Lots of people told me it's about the main hero being black? But what does that have to do with anything, really. I really hate it when people use skin color as a variable and way to like/dislike something or someone. It's racist to 'like' something because of the characters involving it's skin colors, whether it be black, or white, or even yellow. It shouldn't be a factor, at all.

Also, I loved basically almost all of your list except that I like to watch rare war/zombie movies that aren't from Hollywood, they're usually great, I loved Train to Busan.

Achievements

1 hour ago, Syntax said:

Not sure why Black Panther is such a big deal (I'm not from the US), Lots of people told me it's about the main hero being black? But what does that have to do with anything, really. 

America is on this big "black lives matter" kick for a couple years now to the point of insanity. People turned it from a comic book movie into Black roots instead - even though it's set in modern time. 

This racial movement is also why domino was recasted as a black woman in deadpool 2 and why more and more movies are forcing either blacks or females into lead spots, whether it was originally a white male or not. 

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

Posted  Edited by TheJitFace

Black Panther was a great movie. Even though it gets memed on all the time, it was great. Honestly, it was one of the better films I have ever seen. @Syntax you just have to watch it to appreciate it. I saw it in theaters and it was nuts. The characters are memorable and have great acting skills. 

Edited by TheJitFace

jitticus

10 hours ago, TheJitFace said:

Black Panther was a great movie. Even though it gets memed on all the time, it was great. Honestly, it was one of the better films I have ever seen. @Syntax you just have to watch it to appreciate it. I saw it in theaters and it was nuts. The characters are memorable and have great acting skills. 

I actually already have, and I liked it. Not because the characters are black, but the plot was pretty amazing and it's unlike other standard hero movies.
    Imo anyone that supports 'BLM' is either dumb or doesn't have a grasp on what the definition of racism is. Minorities aren't minorities unless they make themselves one, they can just easily blend into society and it would accept them slowly over time instead of rioting about how people are being racist and homophobic when in reality blacks are mostly activists since they are very concerned about politics. Let's just live our lives, and if you end up in the street, don't blame your skin color.

Achievements