Cpt.Haxray

[SCP Suggestion] SCP-020

SCP-020:

SCP-020 is a mold that is invisible to the naked human eye. It can spread rapidly between human hosts and modifies the person's behavior to be more social after prolonged infection. 020 hosts have been known to turn violent at near critical stages of infection, however.

Stats:

Health: 100

Speed: Normal Human speed

Model: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1295498985

Spawn: TFO spawn

Gameplay Description:

SCP-020 spawns along with the rest of the guards and looking identical to a normal guard. He is also not aware he is scp-020(SCPs on the scoreboard WILL see him however, and he is still considered as being on the scp team, he is just unaware of it, and so is other players who aren't on the scp team). He can use items and weapons as normal for obvious reasons.

Whenever scp-020 gets near someone, they get infected by the mold. They aren't told they are infected and their role doesnt change. However, anyone else they get near also gets infected by the mold. Someone infected by scp-020 who tries to escape will count as a SCP escaping instead for terms of who ends up winning a round, instead of their normal role.(EX: infected d-class escapes, counts as a scp escaping). 

After 5 minutes have passed, the original 020 host 'turns' and becomes aware he is scp-020. Everyone else is also aware he is scp-020. He is still able to use items and weapons after this state, but his model changes to the one linked.

You can tell if someone is infected by 020(including the original host before he changes) through either a s-nav ult(people infected would show up as scp-020-1s instead of their 'actual' role) or NVG(which would cause them to be displayed in grey when looked at). You can cure a scp-020 infection by using scp-500, or by lighting the infected person on fire in some way. The original host cannot be cured, however.

Gameplay wise, scp-020 serves to cause a form of paranoia. No one would even be sure if there was a scp-020 in the round, or a 939, or some other disguised SCP even if the reduced amount of scps on the scoreboards alerted them. afterwards, people would be paranoid of each other not even sure who is infected, or even who is the original scp-020. Considering 020 wouldn't know his own role unless he discovers it in some way before he 'turns' 5 minutes in or after he turns, it would result in a rather unique mindgames quite different from a normal disguised scp or ci spy. 

Edit: wearing a hazmat suit would also render you immune to being infected by being near a 020 or 020-1, but won't cure your infection if you already have it.

+1 it’s cool it’s like 610 but like more fun to play as.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, hughy62 said:

-1.  All of the MTF guards would be instantly infected, and it would just be like the 008 special round, but worse.

*sigh*

You didnt even read the thing did you.

Oh wait of course you didnt you're hughy.

I'm sorry, you're right.  I misread 'TFO' as 'MTF', so I thought that he would spawn with the facility guards and instantly infect them.

Still,

14 hours ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

Oh wait of course you didnt you're hughy.

I don't know what you have against me, but I don't know why that would come into play here.

Still not changing my -1 here, because it doesn't change anything gameplay-wise, except that your infectees now count as SCP when escaping and get more points.  Yay them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Though I'm usually against Infection SCPs, I like the idea of this.

Why it makes the game good:
1) I get to call people moldy.

2) Adds more possible shenanigans which makes the server more interesting.

3) Introduces a fun mechanic of sudden traitor. Which is always a fun mechanic.
4) Curing via SCP-500 is always welcome.

5) I'm gonna promote the idea of TRO Medic being able to cure certain SCP afflictions with his medkit.

Why I may be against it:

1) Infection would be way too easy. A nerf would be required to how it spreads. (Proposal: SCP-020 will only start spreading when the host takes damage or he is revealed.)
2) It's another fucking infection SCP.
3) I can see this sway the game toward SCP favor. Which breach already is an SCP sided game.

4) Cure by fire could cause some really crazy RDM cases.
5) Does killing an infected SCP-020-1 as SCP-020 count as RDM?