Time Police

Replace Soda With 420-J

Posted  Edited by Time Police

This is simple: Replace the soda that everybody avoids and nobody really likes, and instead replace it with a smokeable 420-J. It'd be like the vape ones where once you pick it up you have it to smoke, and the more you smoke the more effects, which can affect your shooting, aim, running, sight, etc. Nobody likes the soda, but everyone likes 420-J. They'd be scattered in LCZ, D block, and EZ offices. Sometimes D class can spawn with them. About a dozen spawn in each section.Give it a chance, worked well on a last server. Only thing was they used one which was a one and done, and last awhile. I was thinking this could be an improvement,

tl:dr(vape tool but with a joint and effects).

Image result for bobby hill pros and cons cannabis

Edited by Time Police

Related image

No.

SCP-420-J is incredibly stupid in general. Its a 'joke' scp that isn't even funny in the first place. Its just smoking weed. The only people who actually enjoy SCP-420-J tend to be 12 year olds who think weed jokes are funny, or drug heads.

SCP-207 at least provides some kind of ingame benefit, even if its rarely a good idea to actually use it, it still has a USE. You're basically suggesting to take an item that has a use, and replace it with an item that has no use except to be 'LEL ITS FUNNY BECAUSE ITS WEEEEDDDD'.

What Haxray said.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

15 hours ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

No.

SCP-420-J is incredibly stupid in general. Its a 'joke' scp that isn't even funny in the first place. Its just smoking weed. The only people who actually enjoy SCP-420-J tend to be 12 year olds who think weed jokes are funny, or drug heads.

SCP-207 at least provides some kind of ingame benefit, even if its rarely a good idea to actually use it, it still has a USE. You're basically suggesting to take an item that has a use, and replace it with an item that has no use except to be 'LEL ITS FUNNY BECAUSE ITS WEEEEDDDD'.

I mean if we're going to be serious, isn't the whole game not supposed to be taken seriously? 207 provides no in game benefit, even if you use it to get extra health to juke an SCP you're still going to die. It's slow acting cyanide.

Related image

9 hours ago, Pizzy said:

I agree with Haxray's points. We also already have a smoke grenade

But the smoke grenade does benefit (unlike 207).

58 minutes ago, Mr Z said:

I Agree 420-J is stupid but adding it would give me Nostalgia for the old breach servers.

That's what I miss as well, and the server is already non serious.

Related image

3 minutes ago, Helium said:

@Time Police good points, too many people take this game  way too seriously.

Like I know I do to a certain extent, but it's gmod, we all use non serious sprays, and plenty of people dick around on the intercom. Acting tight pants about it is kind of silly. Everybody tries to skip over 207, I see people jumping over it or going around all the time.

Related image

Nor is this to be "dude weed lmao" because it affects your shooting, aiming, running, etc. So everybody who wants to meme around they might not shoot as well because they're thrown off, or be able to escape because it's distorted. It would have a timer obviously but it would impact the gameplay too, make it more than just a joke.

Related image

Posted  Edited by VilhjalmrF
2 minutes ago, Time Police said:

Like I know I do to a certain extent, but it's gmod, we all use non serious sprays, and plenty of people dick around on the intercom. Acting tight pants about it is kind of silly. Everybody tries to skip over 207, I see people jumping over it or going around all the time.

I consider it as a last resort. For example if I was close to the exit and I need health because NTF are pressing down on me I would use SCP-207. It gives extra health and buys me a little more time to escape.

Edited by VilhjalmrF

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Just now, VilhjalmrF said:

I consider it as a last resort. For example if I was close to the exit and I need health because NTF are pressing down on me I would use SCP-207. It gives extra health and buys me a little more time to escape.

I would try to escape or go around, it's a death wish unless you're right at the exit running down the ramp. It's not like you can pass it off or use 500 anyway

Related image

1 minute ago, Time Police said:

I would try to escape or go around, it's a death wish unless you're right at the exit running down the ramp. It's not like you can pass it off or use 500 anyway

Just saying it does have a use. Rarely is it really useful for most people I guess but just got to be smart with it.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

207 can also be drank multiple times for insta-health. It is useful for juking and dodging bullets while about to escape.

OR

You can also use 207 unseriously. Grab it early as D-Class, rush the TRO, try to crowbar them. Or grab it early and use it to kill a friend you are fighting against.

Posted  Edited by Time Police
55 minutes ago, VilhjalmrF said:

Just saying it does have a use. Rarely is it really useful for most people I guess but just got to be smart with it.

It does have use but it's still a suicide pill. It's not even like you can use it to get past enemies then just heal yourself with 500, once you use it it's starts the clock.

25 minutes ago, Pizzy said:

207 can also be drank multiple times for insta-health. It is useful for juking and dodging bullets while about to escape.

OR

You can also use 207 unseriously. Grab it early as D-Class, rush the TRO, try to crowbar them. Or grab it early and use it to kill a friend you are fighting against.

You have to continuously use it for it to have the desired affect, which is something not easy to do whilst in combat as a lone enemy against superior enemie(s). And, adding 420-J can have both serious and unserious uses to it.

Edited by Time Police

Related image

It can be more than just a joke of an SCP. Distorted vision could be the difference between an SCP escaping and dying, thereby changing the outcome of a round. By having it affect the player it changes the game. If we're going to judge each item based off it's uses in game then remove the radio everyone walks around with from EZ, it doesn't affect the game at all, it plays the 420-J sound effect, and it's an item (not one you can use with an inventory but you can pick up).

Related image