Dale Gribble.

breach is fucking dying

Posted  Edited by SCP-106. - Edit Reason: messed

breach is dying here's why: 1. jameskii raided the server and caused joker to resign 2. breach is not popular as it used to be 3. xy is on break everyday and he is not playing like he used to do. 5. all the fucking admins moved on from this shit because they cant deal with this. 

Edited by SCP-106.
messed

I mean... I don't join any breach servers, but I still have a couple things I'd like to say about this.

Staff Members are NOT Payed

Staff members are not payed for the work they provide for the servers they moderate. All the effort they show is something they volunteered to do. Without a financial motivator, constantly working on something that you may not have passions for anymore is very difficult to do. In the end, these people volunteered to moderate the server without payment. You need to realize how much work they truly put into this server considering how little they got out of it.

Staff Members are NOT Robots

Staff members are not robots. They have lives outside of the computer. Some of the staff members are legal adults in fact. They probably have jobs and other more important responsibilities. Managing a server for a video game for a bunch of people on the internet is NOT a priority. Life comes first, always. This is why some staff members will lower their activity unless payed money for their efforts, because without money, they have no reason to prioritize the server. If you do not understand this, then I am sorry, but realize this is the internet. It isn't a full time job.

Staff Members are Human

Even if you have a true passion for something, you can still get burnt out. I am a programmer who loves programming, but even I sometimes need short breaks from working. You can't blame a staff member for being human. If you had to spend months on end dealing with a bunch of random people on the internet breaking rules and sometimes acting dumb, you'd get pretty burnt out as well. The staff members are human. Just because they are a staff member does NOT mean they have officially sold their soul to moderating a server for a video game.

If all of this confuses you, then sorry, I cannot give you any answers to your concerns about Breach. All I can say is, the staff members are human and have priorities. And people in an internet forum and on an internet server for a video game are not high on that priority list.

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

You barely realize this? Breach started dying almost a year ago.

Reasons being:

1 - Playerbase

The playerbase isn't what it use to be. The playerbase we have now is just cancer (and is growing toxic). So cancerous/toxic that the decent admins we had are leaving because of it.

2 - Gamemode no longer popular

I agree, the gamemode isn't as popular as it was a year or two ago. It's not just games like SCP: SL that's killing it and grabbing attention, it's just people get bored at some point. Or find a new interest and move on.

3 - Admin Team

The admin team in my opinion is a joke. Ever since breach hit a new era of cancer, it's been hard to find worthy players to become admin. The majority of our admin team we have now is just as cancerous as the playerbase. One of them abusing their powers and most of them just breaking rules. (Minor stuff like ear rape and mic spam.) It's just grown to the point where players can't take them seriously.

4 - The GOOD ADMINS WE HAD

A lot of them went poof. Most of them went poof right before the cancer age kicked in. And the decent admins we had like Joker leave because of how cancer the majority of the playerbase can be. I know this from the experience when I say this, moderating with this new playerbase is frustrating and ridiculously stressful. Many of the admins are so tired of the dumb shit that happens on the server, it grows to the point where we just wanna say "Fuck it." and leave. Some of us even lashed out at the players because we're already so annoyed. I've had a few problems with some players that actually break the rules then we give them a second chance and be nice about it. Then when they got on the server they start shit talking the admin team. Calling us unfair and abusive admins. It's unbelievable.

And I have to disagree about the Xy-taking-a-break part. Ever since he's been manager it feels like he's been taking a break. Rarely does he play or talk on the server. And it's been like that for so long, that no one doesn't even care what he's doing or where he's at. Xy is always planning or doing something behind the scenes, just no one knows it.

Just overall nothing is alright about the server. The only good quality I see from the server is new content it gets. But overall, the playerbase and even the admin team is just bad. Driving others away from it. And new games related to SCP just grabbing attention or people simply losing interest in the gamemode.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

You see, I don't know anything about the Breach community. I know a little bit about the SCP community as a whole because I have a couple friends who follow it and sometimes take part in it. But if this is truly what the community is for Breach, then no wonder the good staff members left. No person can endure that kind of thing for long, especially when they aren't really getting anything in return.

I feel sorry for those old admins, they probably went through hell before they finally threw in the towel. 

The server has, in my mind, been dead for a while. It's like it's in a coma. It's still kicking, but it's basically dead. Just like Vil said, the playerbase has gotten to be so toxic, immature and just plain stupid. Every time you join you hear either random screeching, racial sluts, or people saying the admins are abusive. Literally nobody who joined for the first time would want to stick around for that. I became an admin to help the server become a bit more tolerable by giving my time when the others couldn't. But when the entire server is the problem and no matter how much effort you put in it doesn't matter, that's when you know it's time to just call it quits. Breach, as it is now, is dead.

1 minute ago, _Rocket_ said:

But if this is truly what the community is for Breach, then no wonder the good staff members left. No person can endure that kind of thing for long, especially when they aren't really getting anything in return.

A lot of the good admins left before the shitfest happened. Reasons being inactive, lost interest, or just life stuff. The good admins we have left now leave because of the playerbase.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

In that case, most of them were fortunate enough to dodge a shotgun blast. Of course nothing about this is good. I could imagine the community at one point was filled with dedicated and passionate members... But eh, something like this will happen with time. Especially really popular communities.

I can't even join breach now because every time I see it, it reminds me of its former glory. It also brings me into a depressed state knowing I spent over 50 days on it...

12 hours ago, Supreme leader 049 said:

Even that is bad nowadays. I don't know if it's gone or not now, but there was a hat that made you invisible and a umbrella that granted you the ability to fly. Both were overpowered and not fun to play against.

have to disagree tho both of thoes items are a bit op but not really, it depends how you use them. also gfl breach is slowly turning into rn breach.

15 hours ago, VilhjalmrF said:

One of them abusing their powers and most of them just breaking rules. (Minor stuff like ear rape and mic spam.) It's just grown to the point where players can't take them seriously.

Correct

Posted  Edited by chan_man1

Hmmm, seems fine to me.

Though the way I see things is as long as I'm having fun I dont see the problems you talk about.

Still waiting to get promoted to member2

Edited by chan_man1