AtomicHeadphones

General Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

atomicheadphonez#1736

Why were you banned?: Advertising in DM's

Why should you be unbanned?

I was banned for sending a discord invite to a user via dms with no context. This user reported me to an administrator that he was friends with, which makes me believe that it was a bit of setup. I've looked through the guidelines for the server, and there is nothing about "advertising in dms". I was told upon my first appeal that discord admins could take discretion when it comes to giving out bans for certain reasons, but I think that a perma ban from all gfl discords for something that happened outside of the discords that was non-malicious is a little harsh. I've been banned for about 2 weeks at this point, and I think that I've served my punishment for what I did, even if I still think the reason is a little wack. I don't intend on "advertising in dms" again, and I honestly just want to be unbanned because I would like to be able to rejoin the community I've been apart of for over 4 years.

- Former HnS Senior Admin-

- Former Prop Hunt Manager-

-Former Purge T-Admin-

-Former Breach Admin-

OOF

Yeet.png

:lenny:

Advertising in the first place is a problem, through DMs is just like doing it in the discord server but just trying to hide it and take the chance that someone could report you. It would be different if the person you sent it to you asked for an invite or whatever, but just sending your server out with no context whatsoever is advertising. 

141919687_forumssig.thumb.jpg.9454d9ffff45b72aee2813e382d8cd24.jpg

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

8 hours ago, Cambr said:

Advertising in the first place is a problem, through DMs is just like doing it in the discord server but just trying to hide it and take the chance that someone could report you. It would be different if the person you sent it to you asked for an invite or whatever, but just sending your server out with no context whatsoever is advertising. 

My intentions were not to advertise when I sent this invite, and I didn't realize that it was considered advertising to do this. If I knew that it was against the rules, I wouldn't have done it. My point is that I made a small mistake and I think that it should be forgiven because everyone makes mistakes once in a while. I think that I've served enough time banned from the server at this point and I would just like to be allowed to go back on the discord servers again.

-Former Purge T-Admin-

-Former Breach Admin-

OOF

Yeet.png

Also would like to point out that Saizy, the person who i "advertised in dms" to, is now in the server i invited him to by his own choice. I think this is another reason I should be unbanned. Here is a screenshot from the discord server of a couple users talking about my ban, once of which being Saizy.

image.png.87538542c111b1c8f95c4759c16a3222.png

-Former Purge T-Admin-

-Former Breach Admin-

OOF

Yeet.png

Thank you for the information @Saizy but this is a reminder to all not to post in appeals or applications unless you're a mod. If you have relevant information then feel free to forward it to a member of the team instead of posting it yourself, we'll make sure the team concerned is aware of what information is brought forward to one of us.

big signature below

flyingjoes_signature.png

thanks you to @Aura

me.png

~~~made by @King_Wailord~~~

• 4 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by AtomicHeadphones - Edit Reason: look at update

Okay so this appeal has been up for a month now and I'm hoping that this can get resolved soon. Here's some things that have happened in the past month that I think may prove a good reason to unban me.

- Saizy (the guy I sent the invite to) literally hangs out on the discord I sent him that invite to, and we have no beef against each other.

- Mejilla (the person who banned me from the gfl discords) basically got in trouble for some drama that I really don't know that much about and was probably going to get demoted, but instead she just deleted her forum account.

One thing that I've been told a lot while asking around about my ban is that I was on "thin ice", according to Mejilla, and that what I did was apparently enough to step over the line and get a permaban. As I recall, the only recent warn I had on the breach discord at the time of my ban was a warn for harassing Saizy, but it really doesn't even matter now since like I just said we don't have any beef. Even if that warn did still matter, I don't think that one incident immediately puts me one step away from a permaban like Mejilla would think. I've been banned for a month and a half now, and I think I've more than served enough time for what I did. I've been a gfl member for over 4 years now and have been admin on several servers, and even briefly managed the prop hunt server. My point is that I've done a lot of good things to help gfl in the past, but it feels like the only thing that anyone is paying attention to is this one bad thing that I did that Isn't even that bad.

@flyingjoe32 - I'm only pinging you because this appeal has been ongoing for a month and I think it should be resolved

UPDATE: I just checked, Mejilla did not actually delete her forum account she just changed the name to something different, but she was still demoted

Edited by AtomicHeadphones
look at update

-Former Purge T-Admin-

-Former Breach Admin-

OOF

Yeet.png

Gonna keep this ban, adding the reasons of harassment and disrespect to it. (global rules link)

Thanks for hosting that Discord groupchat as well:

On 6/21/2020 at 6:32 AM, AtomicHeadphones said:

My point is that I've done a lot of good things to help gfl in the past, but it feels like the only thing that anyone is paying attention to is this one bad thing that I did that Isn't even that bad.

Your current actions make the past null... I hope you can stop being complacent and encouraging of poor behaviour, that would influence me to unban you. (@motorsteak was consulted for this decision).

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: