Liloz01

Navigation Bar Feedback

Message added by Liloz01

Preemptively moving to abandoned

I've finished changing what I believe to be necessary for the Forum navigation bar. 

This mainly consists of the introduction of three categories (imaged below) and some moving around/deletion of items inside of existing categories.

image.png

Any feedback for any of the "new" navigation bar categories/items would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

That looks good ngl keep up the good work. :lenny:

Token             

-Former Nerd-

I noticed that this morning, nice work! I think we should keep it.

Posted  Edited by _Rocket_

I think it's looking quite alright miboi.

By the way, one night during your tinkering I managed to join at just the right moment @Liloz01:

Screenshot_20200816-232215.thumb.png.81940e2e89120ff12efaacae3dd7f0a6.png

Edited by _Rocket_

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

Thanks, @Zeins..

Thanks, @Jerry Hat Trick; currently CS:S Forums, Forms and Discords are either non-existent or super messy. I'll add them to the menu as it is all figured out.

Thanks, @Bue..

and thanks @_Rocket_; I should have never caused the theme to do that. The little padding added to the bottom of the donation call to action was my doing, though, was just testing something out with the new addition to the bottom of the forums index. The wonders of working on a live site :lenny:

I'll leave this thread in "Suggestions" for now as perhaps there is something is missing from the menu, or something that shouldn't really be there, that I just can't think of (apart from CS:S crap in the Apply/Appeal/Report categories). Icons and names can also be customised, so if you think any icons/name aren't fitting or are bland... I'm basically open to suggestions about anything, even just reordering the current items to something that makes more sense.

Finally, one more:

Thanks!

Report Someone

Idk if it's just me, but I feel that the Report Staff should be at the end instead of in the middle of it all.

Also, I don't know why... the name sounds odd. But it's just me. 

And I presume that CSS is under maintenance to be added on. But how will the other divisions be added in like for future ark and whatever other smaller division, you'll be adding? Will it be more compact later into thy future? 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

8 hours ago, Bae said:

Report Someone

Idk if it's just me, but I feel that the Report Staff should be at the end instead of in the middle of it all.

I agree with the name sounding odd, I think it should say Report Player or Report Person maybe instead.

13 hours ago, TheThirdReaper said:

Nice, but move Report Staff over so it isn't confused with the player reports. 

10 hours ago, Bae said:

It's alphabetical, I do not plan on changing that - in no world do I see any person, even ESL, confusing "staff reports" with "player reports".

10 hours ago, Bae said:

1 hour ago, Symba said:

I agree with the name sounding odd, I think it should say Report Player or Report Person maybe instead.

"Report Player" won't work, as staff are not strictly players - nor do I believe renaming "Report Somone" and creating an entirely new category for "Report Staff" is good. I personally think "Report Person" sounds even worse than "Report Someone". At the time I thought of alternatives to "Someone" such as "Person" (which you suggested), "Somebody", "User" and "Individual", it was a tie between "Someone" and "Somebody" so I flipped a coin and went for "Someone".

10 hours ago, Bae said:

And I presume that CSS is under maintenance to be added on.

As I already mentioned:

On 8/19/2020 at 9:15 AM, Liloz01 said:

currently CS:S Forums, Forms and Discords are either non-existent or super messy. I'll add them to the menu as it is all figured out.

10 hours ago, Bae said:

But how will the other divisions be added in like for future ark and whatever other smaller division, you'll be adding? Will it be more compact later into thy future? 

I'm not concerned about space - many techniques and features can be implemented to accommodate more items on menus. View the GIF below to see an example of how categories handled when they overflow (yes, there is a down facting arrow and right facing arrow when there should only be a right facing arrow... making a theme hook to fix that soonTM):

SiKTLY0SxU.gif

And here's how overflow on submenus is currently handled (they just go into another menu named "more"):

image.png

Other options include implementing a "mega menu" (page here explaining what that is) and a few other things that are very unlikely to happen, but could. Anyways, there's enough room to fit at least 4 more items onto "Report Someone" and "Mute/Ban Appeals" when using a standard 1920x1080 resolution monitor. I don't see us moving into 2 more divisions anytime soon. In short, don't worry about it.

Thankies.