Dale Gribble.

age requirement

30 minutes ago, Dale Gribble. said:

How is it discriminating if i'm just saying what i think? 

My bad, I meant in general but I worded it poorly

Achievements

I moved this to suggestions.

I never ask about age.  I think it's irrelevant and even the legal stuff is a bit wishy washy because age requirements are often based on consent; not usage, and even there are are lots of legitimate work arounds such as emancipation and permits, which are common in my area.  Another common problem is people get very huffy just based on the appearance of being younger than they might be.  I know when I was 20-something (gosh I can say that now) I ran into a lot of people who thought I was just a kid and they were very disrespectful towards me. It may have been at my old workplaces in retail, but I was the manager and the policies allowed me a lot of flexibility on decisions. These would would still want to "talk to someone older."  By all means: The janitor is over there.  Have fun.  Even to this day I'm still mistaken as an intern or in less skilled positions like a security guard, but I'm one of the engineers.  Unfortunately for me: This mistake is happening less often, and so I suppose my age is showing a bit more than I would like 😞 where's my walker??  I'm in pain for no reason.  It's only my 6th trip to the restroom in the middle of the night.

I admit I sometimes complain about younger people not knowing certain things, which is very natural because there are some things you can only really acquire over time, but these things are not deal-breakers.  Having a diverse team with people complementing each other can help you achieve something greater than the sum of its parts.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Ive seen 14 year olds act like responsible adults
Ive seen 14 year olds act like....well.... 14 year olds
Ive seen 14 year olds act WORSE

Ive seen 25 year olds act like responsible adults
Ive seen 25 year olds act like well.... 25 year olds
Ive seen 25 year old act WORSE

Age for responsibility is dependent on individual. restricting that type of responsibility based on age puts a representation of basically stating we don't think a fuck ton of our player base is capable enough of such things. which creates superiority complexity. IN MY OPINION.

so who cares.

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Bue. said:

I was 14 when I got RUST Division Leader & Council. It's possible to find "youngsters" that are capable, but not likely. 

WHAT.png.3dc9b311a6311fc10c80459115d416aa.png

img

Thanks to @Auralanity for the amazing signature

Never forget when GFL had an 18+ age staff requirement while I was only 14/15 years old :lenny:

Anyways, I do think it depends on the individual. I've seen many < 18 year old individuals who were quite mature throughout the years and I agree with @TheThirdReaper, I'd say it's usually people within the 18 - 26 age range that causes most issues in GFL in regards to immaturity, etc.

I would not support this. @TheREEBoi is one of the most competent admins I know, and he is on the younger side. I believe that if you are able to handle staff powers (you are mature and know what not to do) you should have the possibility to have staff privileges. From most of what I have seen, staff are voted on. Why would an admin be voted into power if the current staff team thought they where immature and not worthy of staff privileges. IMO an age rule would not be the smartest thing to do. 

On 6/29/2021 at 8:26 PM, Beaker said:

This thread is just people saying the same thing.

i’m too lazy to read the other replies

Achievements