Joshy

Major injuries like broken bone

Have you had a severe injury?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had a severe injury like a broken bone?

• Yes
    • No

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Have you ever had a really bad injury like a broken bone?

I use to do some high impact sports and was really into skateboarding for a while.  Lots of bad falls and accidents, but I never broke any bones doing that stuff.  I broke my ankle (years ago) in the most dumb and unexpected way: I went bowling with some friends and the shoes were too slippery (maybe had a little bit too much of etoh).  I'll try to find the x-ray I know I saved it somewhere.  Was just talking someone about that story and made me wonder if any of you have also had a bad injury like a broken bone?

Spoiler

Not sure if I should brace myself for all the people who may want to talk about their feelings 😞 

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I've had to deal with a few joints problems from boxing, but besides that I have managed to stay clear from any injuries; so never broken anything. 😎 I think the closest I have been to a serious injury was falling quite far down from a tree, but I was pretty young and clearly indestructible back then.

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

I broke both of my wrists + fractured radius. Left one was in a fight :lenny: and right one was in a football game while being a WR. Also I had a bad injury like Alexis while trail riding, I kinda messed up (I was a noob and still am 😄 ) and had a second degree sprain on my right hand. 

1654039214_lennyfacesignaturejarm2_webp.png.77166eade8f7320848ec595e26aa1230.png

I broke one of my fingers playing Ga-Ga at boy scout camp.  Went 3 weeks without treatment because my mom was convinced it was "just a sprain" because I have high pain tolerance.  Happened over 5 years ago and it never healed properly.

Hello I'm Doctor Pig

A couple months ago I broke my ankle during football practice my friend (who is 300 pounds) threw me down to the ground during drills.

BRADY
Former GFL Rust Admin & Discord Moderator

Fractured my wrist recently, was in a cast for a long time. Off work paid though so that was neat.

Achievements

15 hours ago, Joshy said:

(maybe had a little bit too much of etoh)

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure if I should brace myself for all the people who may want to talk about their feelings 😞 

eww get your orgo way of saying alcohol out of here.

but nah I have never broken a bone, but I have sprained my ankles a few times due to being an idiot

5 hours ago, Doctor Pig said:

I broke one of my fingers playing Ga-Ga at boy scout camp.  Went 3 weeks without treatment because my mom was convinced it was "just a sprain" because I have high pain tolerance.  Happened over 5 years ago and it never healed properly.

I have watched that happen to kids as a counselor at summer camps. It sucks that your mom shrugged it off though since fingers are an important thing you to have working.

b_560_95_1.png

Broke my radius by, and it's so dumb, losing my grip on monkey bars and falling. In my defense, it was like a 10+ foot drop. I was in a very bad car accident like, 6 months ago, yet was able to walk away with only a concussion. So clearly, major car accidents are fine for me, but god forbid I fall off monkey bars. 

GFX1.thumb.png.c5c5371c03240785be325143d4584c4a.png

(Signature credit to @Clavers)

I suffered Head Trauma that resulted in lasting brain damage to the part of my brain that handles mouth muscles. Effectively, i got a lisp born from brain damage. 

It happened at a young age and i've still not sure what actually caused the Head Trauma.

Posted  Edited by WheresWaldo

Broke my neck (c5/6/7) back (t2) and tibia/fibula (lower leg, full bone protrusion [sticking out]), non-operable traumatic brain injury, collapsed lung, broke a couple of "processes" in my face...

Before that the worst I had was a general sprain/intercostal sprain. Big difference. Can still move all my limbs and appendages, doctors were shocked.

Edited by WheresWaldo

Posted  Edited by Kaylode

I had a bone infection before; If I didn't get treatment on time I could have lost my arm or died

Edited by Kaylode

On 11/8/2021 at 2:51 PM, TheJitFace said:

Currently, I have a ganglion cyst in my right wrist and I plan on getting surgery to have it removed.

Its been there for about 3 years now due to a tennis injury. 

Do you write with your right hand?  I would imagine that's painful if you have to do a lot of writing.  Surprising that it came from Tennis, but I guess I broke my ankle bowling..  feels like a Final Destination thing where you know the outcome is going to be bad, but it has to be very elaborate.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

On 11/12/2021 at 2:18 AM, Joshy said:

Do you write with your right hand?  I would imagine that's painful if you have to do a lot of writing.  Surprising that it came from Tennis, but I guess I broke my ankle bowling..  feels like a Final Destination thing where you know the outcome is going to be bad, but it has to be very elaborate.

Yea my right hand is my dominant, but writing isn't painful. Doing anything that requires my hand to be flat is painful, so push up and benching too much weight. It is honestly really irritating rather than painful, like it stops me from doing things that I would normally do. I have to be cautious all the time. 

jitticus