dont care, fuck off

The State of GFL ZE

As far as I can tell, the players that aren't interested in the gamemode tend to drift off after around 100 hours or less, and anyone that sticks around past that becomes recognized pretty quick. I don't remember which players started after me or when, or who plays more or even where everyone's from, but I can say that there are names that I recognize and names I don't.
When the server is full of regulars, it's hard for new players to even connect to the server and after the regulars get their fill of mako solos or santa extreme tries, the empty slots are taken by those newer players that don't understand that you can't be holding down your mic button all the time when there are 60 other people trying to communicate.
The real solution is to learn to appreciate more diverse maps. I personally don't like several of the "tryhard" maps like deadcore, journey, mako, and several others so I end up playing with new players on other maps a lot and I can say for a fact that even long-time players don't know how many cool maps there are on the server. Did you know there's a map with giant magnets that pull you up to cross large gaps? Or that tactical awareness grenades work in ZE? How many levels are there on Parking?
I don't think there's any issue with the state of GFL's ZE, but I also think that most people don't appreciate it as much as they should. If you're interested I'm always happy to teach or lead an interesting map if I have the time.

10 hours ago, _PJ said:

Or that tactical awareness grenades work in ZE?

theyre buggy and cause issues, however rss and pse have some plugin to fix it

• 4 weeks later...

So i have been a GFL regular for over a year now. I've seen allot of players come and go. I've seen allot of players grow. But in 2018 i've noticed that the regulars start to lack more in skill then the regulars from 2017. I see allot of players with VIP and members tags and they don't even know the csgo ZE basics. For the cancer as we call it. I think the problem is that we just let it happen and no one wants to deal with it. As a regular its pretty hard to make people shut up since we dont have the power to force them if they don't want to listen. GEtting a server to play a tad more seriously wouldn't be that hard of a trial to overcome. You just get a mid-tier map on. LEt someone lead and mute the people who think they still funny. Then the players will realize how fun ze can be if u beating a map cause of teamwork and by listening to the leader. 

Also one of the basics of ZE that not many people understand is just nominating good maps. People will always nom maps they wanna play. They will never look at the state of the team. Like if its a cancerteam, a full on tryhard team or just a team with good defenders. If the voted map doesnt meet the requierements that's best for the team that's on the server at that moment allot of people will leave and the server will become either dead or cancer. 

There should also be a good mix between tryhard maps and casual maps. So everyone can tryhard on the tryhard map and after they gave it a good try or won the map everyone can just go on a casual map and just chill for a bit. Blow of some steam, chat a bit, have some fun. I've thought before of a system were only members or higher could nom maps. Since these people are more experienced and they know wich maps fit the current team. But i guess the admins think tryhard maps would be played all day. I mean people say admins aren't to blame and it's not like i'm blaming them. But at the end of the day a few mutes and a beacon is a good start to get the server more how it should be. Not playing zm all day and spamming ur mic's.

So these are just a few basic things that i think would be a good help to reduce the cancer.

16 hours ago, FzFuRy said:

. I've thought before of a system were only members or higher

would just result in more try hard maps if anything

Posted  Edited by FzFuRy

Member doesn't equal tryhard. There are more members on the server who like chill maps then tryhard maps tbh. I think that there will be a good mix between tryhard and casual maps. And the casual maps that will be played will be the good ones. And not to be rude or anything but i see u'r pretty new here. So i don't think u have the experience to make an argument like that :/

Edited by FzFuRy

1 hour ago, FzFuRy said:

Member doesn't equal tryhard. There are more members on the server who like chill maps then tryhard maps tbh. I think that there will be a good mix between tryhard and casual maps. And the casual maps that will be played will be the good ones. And not to be rude or anything but i see u'r pretty new here. So i don't think u have the experience to make an argument like that :/

Malal has been playing way longer... He has been an admin for a bunch of servers across 1.6, CSS, and CSGO. Also, he is involved in almost every community in ZE, that's worth being around.

m8YD3waBSPCsYzvwLDcj_donald%20trump%20el

Just dont make server settings harder, ever. Also dont make any autistic attempt to "balance" things out in some autistic attempt to make things "interesting". Keep your bhop limited at where it is now.  And beware of those trying to push the server in an "elitist" or "legit" path or running on some idea that the server needs to excel over other servers. 

48 minutes ago, gkuo88 said:

Just dont make server settings harder, ever. Also dont make any autistic attempt to "balance" things out in some autistic attempt to make things "interesting". Keep your bhop limited at where it is now.  And beware of those trying to push the server in an "elitist" or "legit" path or running on some idea that the server needs to excel over other servers. 

We need to make the server more weeb! Create more skins! :kappa:

Oh sorry i didn't know that i'll take my words back on that. I mean there are other servers where new players can't nominate and it's not like they are playing tryhard maps 24/7. So i don't get why some people think that only tryhard maps would be played. 

Its not that only tryhard maps will be played, but that is what ZE has been about since Mako. Its the big craze thats overwhelmed the game mode. Like Minecraft to TTT :kappa:

9 hours ago, Block said:

Its not that only tryhard maps will be played, but that is what ZE has been about since Mako. Its the big craze thats overwhelmed the game mode. Like Minecraft to TTT :kappa:

Can't believe I'd say this someday, but Block is right.

There was a before and an after Mako, back in 2010.

76561197989403214.png

So I did read every response and now I just have a few questions for you guys:

1. What exactly are you guys looking for in this server?

2. Is there something other ZE servers do something better than GFL at? If so, please explain why.

3. How do you guys feel about the current admins? What are you guys looking for in an admin exactly? If you could be admin, what would you do?

4. What does "cancer" mean to you? How do you think it should be addressed, if at all?

I'm not going to answer these, I just want to know your thoughts. I'll probably come up with more questions down the line but this is what I could think up of in five minutes.

I'm backk.

good questions citizen. 

1. i like a fun experience where i try to win at something difficult and have a few laughs along the way... that can include anything from getting everyone to spec Elemental so he chokes and dies at the first laser on pokemon, or laughing at whim die from a bad jump, etc... sometimes some light autism is fun....

2. i don't know, only play gfl

3. i think we need a few more so there is adequate coverage during all times of the day. warnings and mutes and putting beacons on people is what i would like to see more of. 

4. cancer is incessant mic spamming that prevents teams from communicating and losing as a result. also trolling with items, inflating or any action that results in chasing players out of the server and causing the quality of teams to drastically decline to the point we cannot even play a casual map. things like "ear rape till they RTV" and getting 8-9 other players to scream into the mic till everyone rtvs would be cancer in my book. 

So...

@FzFuRy I am glad you realized this. I would somewhat say the same exact thing except I rarely active on ze. As for map nominating tiers, it's a double edged sword but I don't like that system at all.

@gkuo88 Enough said. I'll give you kudos here

On 5/8/2018 at 8:16 PM, Wilford_brimleyy said:

Malal has been playing way longer... He has been an admin for a bunch of servers across 1.6, CSS, and CSGO. Also, he is involved in almost every community in ZE, that's worth being around.

Him as an admin figure and involved in ze? I don't even recall anything.

Now for answering citizen's questions.

1. I like ze being something unique as I mostly have to say the same thing hotEvercLear said. Most of that light autism has happened before and can be funny. One famous example was Tony Montana where a lot of players would say some stuff is Tony failed some part of the map or spec him on the last part of mako.

2. All I can think of is pF for obvious reasons. I give them huge credit for bringing a unique ze community and experience even despite their major flaws. Their rules felt like rules and they were for the most part regulated. It got some players that would like to try the impossible in ze together, a near unstoppable force to be reckoned with...that is until mid 2014 and all hell broke loose. Rip. Probably better for pF ze to be dead over alive in a completely horrifying state.

P.S. I probably wouldn't want this server to be like pF either. Rather see that on a different community.

3. I can't say anything about the current admins and if I were to be admin here because I rarely play here and that opinion is best left sealed. What I do look for in any admin is honor. When that person becomes admin, they took a responsibility to protect this server and the people involved. Of course that is all easier said than done as power can turn one into a different person.

4. This. I will credit that player for being a genius.

On 5/9/2018 at 2:08 PM, FzFuRy said:

Oh sorry i didn't know that i'll take my words back on that. I mean there are other servers where new players can't nominate and it's not like they are playing tryhard maps 24/7. So i don't get why some people think that only tryhard maps would be played. 

i’m assuming you mean PSE? PSE have a credit system and most try hard maps require credits to nominate,Minas costs 1000 Credits for example and Mako costs 999999, if you mean RSS they disabled nominations once the server reaches 30+ players

I can’t think of any other servers that restricts nominations.

On 5/10/2018 at 8:21 AM, Citizen said:

2. Is there something other ZE servers do something better than GFL at? If so, please explain why.

Other servers are more up to date with maps and plugins,with some inventing their own plugins.

3. How do you guys feel about the current admins?

Don’t care much but don’t be overly try hard, it’s fine to let someone team kill one round on mako for shits and giggles, I’m not saying to let people ruin rounds on hard maps but not every map needs to be tryharded 

4. What does "cancer" mean to you? How do you think it should be addressed, if at all?

Mic spam, failing easy level maps and team killing round after round.

If most people are okay with the mic spam just leave it, we have !sm for a reason, you can’t really make people win maps, you can lead and try your best but if people aren’t going to listen they won’t listen, as for team killing constantly I hope the admins themselves know.

1. What exactly are you guys looking for in this server?

Sometimes try hard other times having fun.