Console

Possibility of opening a second ZE server

How has dividing the population been a problem? I mean has there been some sort of historical event in the past where another group added a server and somehow bad shit happens? Does the server population even divide anyways? Considering that the vast majority of players wont even know theres a second server since they don't really go onto discord or the forums. In the end it probably be one server thats pretty much full most of the time and the other server either mostly empty at times, full sometimes, or full alot.

Also as much as arguing to wait some time to see what happens, you can't really gather evidence of anything much. Since the server is full quite some time, you cant exactly measure out how many other players want to be playing during a full server unless you add another server or increase the max number of players on the server. Right now, gfl is pretty much at the max most the time, keeping it like that for several months it will still probably be the same, but you cant draw either conclusion in the end of it all.

I havent read this thread yet but it could be cool to have like a cousin to gfl like steamgamers kind of server.

What should the difference between the two servers be and how do we get all the tiny proportion of competent players to all be in one? Basically just make one tryhard.

The other one could have more fun maps like rooftop or

ze_sky_athletic_v7_3

This way we can safely add maps like minas and cosmo to the regular nom list on one server since all the tryhards will be in one server.

@Crazy_Jeff that imply s the servers would be in the same-ish location, rather this may not be the case because ultimately one server will drain player-base from the other. This may still happen as GFL is a global server, but, we'll see if anything actually gets decided on. 

Setting up a new server is no easy feet and im sure, if it is done it will be in the distant future.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:22 AM, Crazy_Jeff said:

This way we can safely add maps like minas and cosmo to the regular nom list on one server since all the tryhards will be in one server.

This is everything we don't want. That's separating the community, and thus one server would suffer.

I definitely think we have the capability and community to host two servers that will be mostly populated. The only issue is starting up the second server and keeping that population (especially during the EU/AS hours when one server has a map people enjoy more than the other). 

On 12/7/2018 at 12:39 PM, Console said:

Ignoring the low pop due to server crashes/csgo updates, it's pretty self-evident how popular the server is. It's so hard to join the server especially on tryhard maps that sometimes I had to keep retrying for 5+ minutes. And that's only pre-free-csgo era. 

I remember trying to join on what apparently was a Santa Assassination event, I spent 15 minutes and still couldn't get in.

In my opinion, having another server in Los Angeles would be beneficial to everybody as NA players still get low ping while outsiders will primarily get lower ping.

Definitely something to talk about!

Posted  Edited by vochihieu93
1 hour ago, Neiva said:

Tôi chỉ có thể tham gia cùng nhau trong lĩnh vực này.

Theo tôi, có một trong hai người, ở Los Angeles, có thể có sự lựa chọn của một người và người khác, trong khi đó là một trong những người khác.

Một phần của chúng

This is an opinion I am very supportive, I am a player in vietnam, when i connect to gfl (chicago server), my lowest ping is 220 ~ 230, while if in Chicago i will get ping from  180~190, according to this opinion, I have reduced the 40 ping, it is not little, but the server is still in the United States (US time zone). Of course, if Gfl could open a second server, it would be great, but apart from the number of players (they would split equally, or they would just focus on one server and one server empty). Personally, I would still only play server in the US, apart from the number of players, I am most interested in the player level.
With zeddy I can get a good ping, however I still do not often play at zeddy, I stick with gfl and pse, because teammates make me feel comfortable, they do not make me crazy 
In short, I think opening a second server is a good idea, either to change the current gfl ze server, from chicago to los angeles

Edited by vochihieu93

24 minutes ago, vochihieu93 said:

In short, I think opening a second server is a good idea, either to change the current gfl ze server, from chicago to los angeles

I believe it's in Chicago so that everybody in America (East or West) will have good ping, but this does effect everybody outside of the US more so as routing can be an issue too. LA is the best as a collective as people are connecting from around the world.

Posted  Edited by RussellCrowe
On 12/6/2018 at 7:05 PM, WarpedCakez said:

There are not even enough admins to fully monitor one server what makes yall think two servers will have admins watching?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, we used to have two ZE servers, one in EU and one in NA. Let's just say the EU server didn't work out (other server competition).

+1

The second EU server we had was never full or even close from what i remember. It was basically a test server. People want to join full servers.  People will just join the second server and then have auto retry on for gfl#1 for sometime.

I do like the idea but that would take along time to get it where GFLna is now. Maybe the first EU server was opened too early, maybe the time is now to try again.  

You can always buy vip if playing on GFL is somewhere you spend most of your time.

As far as having trouble getting into tryhard maps that seems like a personel problem. Maybe if some of the tryhards played casual maps and didnt just join for lazers like a mass group text #tryhard was sent out it wouldnt be an issue. 

Having a "noob server" and a "tryhard server" is rediculous. This is about the community as a whole.

good work console for bringing this to attention. 

With the Danger update this would be the time to think about the possiblities...but it has bin tried before.

Edited by RussellCrowe

I get that before the EU server wasn't populated. But then they had mapea so why would they go on the gfl one?

But now all EU servers are trash and poorly managed. I think if u would get some EU admins like 2 more with valerio ofcourse to start. It can become a populated server.

And it's always worth trying it. If it wouldn't work out just get the server down and problem solved. And for the idea of making one tryhard and the other not. If u would do that, speaks

for itself that the EU one would be the tryhard one xD

On 12/7/2018 at 4:24 AM, .................. said:

Imo this probably isn't the best idea due to dividing the player base completely. I guess if the influx of players is a large as some say it will be a second server should be considered but right now I dont think the amount of players coming to ze will be as great as predicted. Most people already own csgo and to those who don't will probably be younger kids who don't really care to stick around. Also, i'm guessing a much smaller fraction of the newer players will find their way into ze and will instead stick to the new game mode or competitive. At least wait a few months to see how it goes and then consider a second server.

shut the fuck up u faggot. Once we get EU server rolling hohoh get ready to get fking stomped mate

Posted  Edited by ..................
7 hours ago, FzFuRy said:

shut the fuck up u faggot. Once we get EU server rolling hohoh get ready to get fking stomped mate

oh yea "mate"??? Ill have you know I can kick ur ass on any server any time of day. You dont wanna mess with me hohoh i am a member of starsquad. You dont want me to get my gang boys on your ass now do you? Thats what i thought fuqboi

Edited by ..................

If we open one in ASIA, we'd be competing with PSE
If we open one in EU, we'd be competing with Mapeadores.
Last option would be NA

We wouldn't want to cause any trouble/relationship issues between servers when we suddenly open a server in the region that they are known in.

Just my opinion