Cpt.Haxray

Remove SCP-173

Posted  Edited by Cpt.Haxray

Yes. I'm already aware of what all of you are going to say. Im aware of what all of you are going to think. 'THIS IS STUPID, WE CAN'T REMOVE SCP-173, HES CORE TO THE GAMEMODE, HES CORE TO THE SCP FOUNDATION AS A WHOLE, HES AN MASCOT!"

And i say fuck all of that. I dont care about any of that. People are fine with him not spawning on every single round. People wont suddenly throw a giant fit if scp-173 was removed. And as his current state is, I frankly think he should be removed.

I've had discussions about it before. Basically 173's core mechanics are fucked as all hell due to the coding, and have no way of being fixed. My previous suggestions to remove scp-173 were also denied, due to him being core to the gamemode and all that stuff. The fact remains. He is a broken mess that is completely RNG dependant for his core mechanics to even work properly.

The following are all various bugs related to scp-173. 

-Been blinded by scp-173 no matter where i was on the map, even after i died i continued to be blinded whenever scp-173 used his special (related to weeping angels special round, not a normal bug. Doesnt count)

-Encountered people completely immune to blind. other people around them will get blinded, but this person will never get blinded. Alone staring at each other? Wont blind them. In a small room together? Wont blind them. Group of players? Wont blind them. 

-Blind range having a serious case of bipolar syndrome. Sometimes it hits the whole hallway down, sometimes it wont work unless you're right inside of someone already.

-Scp-173s lagging so fucking badly that the blink meter is effectually worthless, or even to the point that they never stop moving even when being stared at down the entire length of the hallway leading from the corner near the armory to the doorway leading to 870(i think thats what it is at least) and making it the whole way down while being stared at the entire time.

-Having scp-173's attack decide to simply not work on a specific person, even if said specific person is afk, and no matter how you attempt to make the attack work.

-Numerous bugs with eyedrops including: People claiming they went blind permanently after they wore off, eyedrops never wearing off, eyedrops somehow unsynching blink timer, etc.

Enough is enough. SCP-173 being removed would be a blessing if there is genuinely no way to fix his broken mechanics at this point. 

Edited by Cpt.Haxray

Yeah, I think I may have to agree. While he is a core SCP and has been around for a long time, he's just too broken.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Doomnack

u h h

Why remove 173 entirely. There's an easy fix to this problem, which is a literal fix.

dev pls

remove eyedrops

Edited by Doomnack

Posted  Edited by Cpt.Haxray
2 minutes ago, Doomnack said:

u h h

Why remove 173 entirely. There's an easy fix to this problem, which is a literal fix.

dev pls

remove eyedrops

It was stated several times theres no way to fix his abilities due to the engine, lag comp, etc.

Even if the blind could be fixed, and eyedrops get removed(there by removing the only good way to not die to scp-173 if alone...), theres no way to fix lag comp in regards to him moving while being looked at. 

Besides i think it is much more worthwhile for Xy/Ralsei's time(or any other dev he gets to help him in some form) if he didnt have to spend a crapton of time reworking scp-173 and fixing kanade's code just to get him to be less buggy.

Edited by Cpt.Haxray

6 minutes ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

openbob

Well, I know for a fact that 173's lag will be impossible to fix. No way the devs will iron out the fact that he may move a few steps forward when you finally look at him. LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

Though I never really encountered bugs like the ones you described, nor have I even encountered 173 that much, I have had some moments when 173 just breaks upright around twice.

Usually after his blind ability has finished and I avoided him by bunnyhopping, the code justs simply breaks and pretends I'm always blinking for an additional 5 seconds.

In all honesty I've always heard people say "OMG 173 BROKEN JEEZ" but never really experienced something truely game-breaking. In respects to the thing I just said its nothing to what you described so I really don't know what to say about this.

Uhhhh I've never had problems with him.

so i can't really say that hes bugged, laggy, or just broken.

also hes the first ever scp to ever be posted so even if he was broken to hell, i don't think he should be removed.

817658739_FlowerZ.thumb.png.5bf77aa140b61b74c725a98d32be45f8.png

image.png.47609d048ef327e928a296b5149734fb.png

Agreed, 173 is broken from what i have seen, but in a different way. When i usually encounter or play as him blinking never works and it is as everyone's eyes are closed.

4 minutes ago, Aquaticfilly0 said:

Don't delete him!!! What if 173 was not a regular scp, but only spawns in on weeping angel rounds?

EVEN WORSE BECAUSE THERE WILL BE MORE OF THEM!!!

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

13 minutes ago, Kite9867 said:

EVEN WORSE BECAUSE THERE WILL BE MORE OF THEM!!!

HE BREAKS MORE OFTEN THE MORE THERE IS OF HIM.

But him being exclusive to weeping angels round would be fine. 😄 

Posted  Edited by strawberry crab
1 minute ago, Aquaticfilly0 said:

But who would listen to that rule? And how would we inforce it?

that was suppose to be a rule (as in motd) I thought it was a mechanic (rule) suggested. one that can only be broken through glitches.

Edited by strawberry crab

space.png