Hydreigon

Giving another admin or player access to FTP on ze.

Given the current circumstances, not much maps are being updated on the server when many players have been suggesting maps. I can conclude the problem is only person that has access to ftp on any ze server is clearly not enough. Over the years, having only one person (admin or manager) access to FTP to upload maps doesn't prove useful because ze is the type of gametype that requires a special type of management especially with either a bunch of map updates at once or a critical map update that has to be uploaded asap.

Not saying the current manager is bad (I'm not tagging anyone). I'm saying more than one person with FTP on ze is better than just one.

High managers on GFL seriously need to consider this issue.

Just because your newest version of Westersand for the 4th time in a week didn't get updated right after release doesn't mean somebody else needs FTP.

I may have "suggested" a lot of versions of westersand but out of all the suggestions after z4, thankfully only one got uploaded as opposed to the "versions" I suggested.

z5 - Some stuff triggered me and some friends of mine reported some bugs on test servers so I deleted it in time before anyone could upload.

z6 - This version is on the fastdl but thankfully on standby

z7 - Never existed to begin with. I won't tell you it's true fate. I will say it never ever got a place on my dropbox.

z8 - Supposed to be the final version but some tiny problem happened and I wasn't happy with a few things. Again I changed the link in time before someone could upload to the fastdl.

z9 - Thankfully, no problems have been reported yet.

Compared to other maps, I'm thankful one version ever made it to GFL's fastdl and another version I didn't upload on dropbox. Also, I don't know if this would be an excuse but this is afterall my first attempts to use the hammer editor and release a porting project. I do apologize for the inconvenience to all of you.

Posted  Edited by Leks
47 minutes ago, Hydreigon said:

Given the current circumstances, not much maps are being updated on the server when many players have been suggesting maps. I can conclude the problem is only person that has access to ftp on any ze server is clearly not enough. Over the years, having only one person (admin or manager) access to FTP to upload maps doesn't prove useful because ze is the type of gametype that requires a special type of management especially with either a bunch of map updates at once or a critical map update that has to be uploaded asap.

Not saying the current manager is bad (I'm not tagging anyone). I'm saying more than one person with FTP on ze is better than just one.

High managers on GFL seriously need to consider this issue.

CS:GO DL's and Roy have access to ftp (:

Edited by Leks

yeah.gif

de8800d9d5e19e288850c19797b43ad4.png6e1a8fcedf84c4dd92edb32b6f3fc040.png

litereally only been 8 days.

we sprinkle these maps 1 at a time so players dont get overloaded with downloads. 

and personally i prefer quality over quantity

Posted  Edited by Potti
4 minutes ago, kikofly said:

de8800d9d5e19e288850c19797b43ad4.png6e1a8fcedf84c4dd92edb32b6f3fc040.png

we sprinkle these maps 1 at a time so players dont get overloaded with downloads. 

ok that maps are trash dont add them 

p. s. i always test map b4 suggestion :happytree:^

Edited by Potti

2 minutes ago, kikofly said:

8 days is kind of longer than you think. I do agree with quality over quantity but it's easier said than done for a lot of mappers.

Ashen keep is on fastdl. Not to be confused but I'm not a fan of how it's ported to csgo especially if the css version is incomplete. Rest of the maps are official _p ports.

Posted  Edited by WarpedCakez - Edit Reason: fixed formatting
22 minutes ago, Leks said:

CS:GO DL's and Roy have access to ftp (:

While this is true, I don't ever see DL's or any other higher ups ever do anything in regards to adding maps / fixing server related plugins. If they are, then there needs to be some more transparency because I am not aware of this.

Edited by WarpedCakez
fixed formatting

38 minutes ago, WarpedCakez said:

While this is true, I don't ever see DL's or any other higher ups ever do anything in regards to adding maps / fixing server related plugins. If they are, then there needs to be some more transparency because I am not aware of this.

Well, I am not an admin nor a member that visits ZE very often but, I feel like you're not right, please don't bash me on that.
I believe something causing lag was reported and denros did work on it for some time (not sure what the outcome was) so if you don't see any higher up doing stuff, well, I just feel like we have a disagreement in there.

here is the thread I was talking about: https://gflclan.com/forums/topic/16011-decreasing-he-grenade-smoke-effect/

yeah.gif

9 minutes ago, Leks said:

Well, I am not an admin nor a member that visits ZE very often but, I feel like you're not right, please don't bash me on that.
I believe something causing lag was reported and denros did work on it for some time (not sure what the outcome was) so if you don't see any higher up doing stuff, well, I just feel like we have a disagreement in there.

here is the thread I was talking about: https://gflclan.com/forums/topic/16011-decreasing-he-grenade-smoke-effect/

This thread doesn't have anything to do with management. I intended for any good coder, admin or non admin, to find a solution to the blinding hegrenade effect. There has been a method so far from various communities but it was never implemented on GFL because the hegrenade code isn't really shared on other communities. In other words, management can't do much in the hegrenade thread situation because the solution can be done by almost anyone and may or may not reside outside of management. Here, the FTP thread is completely related to management and is an inside problem.

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel

Its a "map suggestion" thread, not a "you must add this map" thread. Unless there's a major gamebreaking, gamechanging bugs that were fixed or some important stuffs, i dont want clients to redownload another version just because mappers thought that this or that isnt right for them and then comes up with another version because of a small fix

Edited by xSnowyAngel

3 hours ago, WarpedCakez said:

The reason DL's don't normally deal with this kind of stuff is because they entrust and train manager to do them. if DL's and Higherups dealt with all this there would be no point of having managers

STEAM 

76561198079961574.pngAddFriend.png