eueuq

GFL Changes #2: Staff Hierarchy Changes

Posted  Edited by eueuq

Both @X2D and @Joshy did not like having all ideas being discussed in one thread. So, the ideas are being split into several, more digestible threads. This thread specifically will cover staff hierarchy related changes.

The others will be covering general GFL changes and forum/Discord/Teamspeak changes respectively.

Below are the important topics to discuss. The full document is here for reference and for hyperlinks.

50308a.png

0d5dd5.png

(if you have a better way of formatting this, let me know)

Edited by eueuq

Discord_qoN8aT2ZDX.png.f28687352471a3aed92f034cf759e7d1.png

*Bring back mandatory forum usage for admins.

yo lets go back to the 5 post minimum to apply for admin :lenny:

Posted  Edited by eueuq
5 minutes ago, Hatty said:

*Bring back mandatory forum usage for admins.

yo lets go back to the 5 post minimum to apply for admin :lenny:

That was a joke requirement :lenny: . I am thinking more just general activity even if it is something like every other week.

Edited by eueuq

Posted  Edited by myPHART

I remember it being 25 or 50 posts minimum before the new forums came out? (Spamming wasn’t allowed either)

Edited by myPHART

On 11/14/2018 at 7:42 PM, myPHART said:

I remember it being 25 or 50 posts minimum before the new forums came out? (Spamming wasn’t allowed either)

I believe it was 25.

Thanks.

Community Advisor?  Oh, god.  I'd just like to see them clarify on the differences between team leader and staff.  Pick something and stick with it.  It looks to me like we have new titles, badges and structures for staff every other month...  seems to me these guys think changing their name and colours will make a difference.  Good luck.  Keep your champions, make tough decisions, and do the right thing.

Any consolidation of roles gets a thumbs up from me.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

57 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Community Advisor?  Oh, god.  I'd just like to see them clarify on the differences between team leader and staff.  Pick something and stick with it.  It looks to me like we have new titles, badges and structures for staff every other month...  seems to me these guys think changing their name and colours will make a difference.  Good luck.  Keep your champions, make tough decisions, and do the right thing.

Any consolidation of roles gets a thumbs up from me.

The goal is to not change the roles in another 2 months as I hate that cycle that GFL does as well. However, it is a necessary evil in this case. I am hoping to simplify the ranking system (e.g. rank merges) and increase clarity in responsibilities per rank (e.g. name changes) since they are both problems I see at the moment. I am not making these rank changes with the intent of "making a difference" in the way you are probably thinking as I know from experience that they will not make any significant difference. I still, though, think it is a start to clean up our current foundation and give us something to work off of.

Trusted are essentially CAs at this point (not what CAs were in the past since we were more than that) and Trusted as a name does not describe at all what they do. It is nothing more than a name change to better describe what they are and what they do to the general userbase.

Thanks!  I probably shouldn't have inferred in my response that you thought that way- I had felt you were among the greater Staff members in the past and was thrilled when they made it official after GFX/Media Leader.

I found myself typing out an essay because I have a lot to say, but it's a waste of our time and I believe the staff problems here will never make progress towards any vision or goal.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152