Cpt.Haxray

SCP-178-1 Suggestion('Replacer' Spawn)

A few people here probably remember the old scp-178-1. Had incredibly low HP but was completely invisible with no way to reveal him. Hurt people by bumping into them, as 'accurate' to the game. It was removed and 'basically' replaced by scp-1471, due to various issues with hit detection. However, quite a few people did infact like playing as scp-178-1 due to the unique playstyle offered and having to adapt to situations differently due to your incredibly low amounts of health(it was 75 i believe). 

With the introduction of scp-334 as a 'replacer' spawn for scp-457(uses scp-457's spawn, and only one of the 2 can spawn in a round at the same time), i think it would be fun to bring back scp-178-1 and have it be a 'replacement' spawn for scp-966.(One of the major complaints about scp-178-1 in the past was them ganging up with scp-966 on the 'poor defenseless d-class and researchers').

Stats:

75 hp

Normal human walking speed

'Replacer spawn" for scp-966(only 966 or scp-178-1 can spawn in a round, both use same spawn)

Has an attack that does 80 damage and has massive knockback, but has a 5 second cooldown between uses and has a very short range.

Always invisible, cannot be revealed or spotted by any means(He was way too weak when the 3d goggles(scp-178) was added in)

Model: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1334262096

Posted  Edited by Mr Z

Yes yes yes yes, this will make me happy since i'm over here crying my soul out due to another favorite of mine being removed, 079, i need my number 1 favorite back 178-1!

+1

i swear to god if 372 gets removed that's the last straw and my soul would be crushed into oblivion.

Edited by Mr Z

817658739_FlowerZ.thumb.png.5bf77aa140b61b74c725a98d32be45f8.png

image.png.47609d048ef327e928a296b5149734fb.png

On 1/2/2019 at 2:01 PM, EvilCheeseBurger said:

Yeah this is a good idea but another problem with the scp was that there was only one pair of 3D glasses and new players will usually get them and lose them in the progress.

We could fix this by having multiple pairs of the glasses.

Ill rather get rid of the glasses as a whole, as they made 178-1 way too weak.

I think this should get a health buff, 750 HP at most. 75 is hp is way too low and makes it too easy for it be killed or left on the verge of dying when it walks into crossfire.

On 1/4/2019 at 7:19 PM, Doomnack said:

I think this should get a health buff, 750 HP at most. 75 is hp is way too low and makes it too easy for it be killed or left on the verge of dying when it walks into crossfire.

750 and its complete bullshit OP.

1 minute ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

750 and its complete bullshit OP.

give it 795 health テドヹて

yeah bit of a stretch, 300 or even 500 possibly? Also, I'm still replying here because I really want to see 178 get re-added.

1. so I can say that 178 used to be in the game and meme about it

2. It feels like a bummer when the most perfect models for SCPs just sit around on the workshop for nothing.

Just now, Doomnack said:

give it 795 health テドヹて

yeah bit of a stretch, 300 or even 500 possibly? Also, I'm still replying here because I really want to see 178 get re-added.

1. so I can say that 178 used to be in the game and meme about it

2. It feels like a bummer when the most perfect models for SCPs just sit around on the workshop for nothing.

The problem is, adding in the 3d glasses at all makes him way too weak due to how he works(966 is already basically cannonfodder to anyone with NVG< and he gets a ranged attack. Even if its only one person with the 3d goggles, as soon as they get it hes dead).

On the flip side, due to the fact hes completely invisible otherwise, 300 health would be way too much because of that single fact again. Its not like he makes noises like 966 and 372 does, or have his name flash, you have no warning or indication hes there outside of guess work or getting hit by him, which is why his HP has to be low.

At most, 125 or 150. 

1 minute ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

The problem is, adding in the 3d glasses at all makes him way too weak due to how he works(966 is already basically cannonfodder to anyone with NVG< and he gets a ranged attack. Even if its only one person with the 3d goggles, as soon as they get it hes dead).

On the flip side, due to the fact hes completely invisible otherwise, 300 health would be way too much because of that single fact again. Its not like he makes noises like 966 and 372 does, or have his name flash, you have no warning or indication hes there outside of guess work or getting hit by him, which is why his HP has to be low.

At most, 125 or 150. 

I think it should have 250 or 300 health since it's possible to know where SCP-178-1 is with an S-Nav Ultimate and it's only weakness would be 1 person in the entire game with 178 on and people won't know if there even is a 178-1 in the round now since it hides what SCPs are in the round now.

4 minutes ago, Maximino007 said:

I think it should have 250 or 300 health since it's possible to know where SCP-178-1 is with an S-Nav Ultimate and it's only weakness would be 1 person in the entire game with 178 on and people won't know if there even is a 178-1 in the round now since it hides what SCPs are in the round now.

A. People would know from the fact people spawn with the 178.

B. Its just one person... who is completely untouchable by 178 and can gun him down easily as soon as they get any kind of gun and can promptly inform everyone else.

C. The Snav-Ult thing is true, but is still way less precise than simply seeing him and increasing his HP for it would render him feeling complete bullshit. If need be, can be changed so he doesnt show up on it.