Vrain

Difficulty connecting to ZE server

Just got on today, and seems to have some trouble connecting to the server

I've verified my game and restarting my pc to no avail

Grabbed some screenshots addressing the problem (see attachments)

20190128202206_1.jpg

20190128202153_1.jpg

gfl1.PNG

@Vrain i've heard there was ddos protection currently active on the server due to some attacks

it may be that you're ip has been blocked for the moment

im sure the team will help you asap

Ah yeah, I believe multiple players connecting from Indonesia is suffering from this problem.

Unfortunately, its either the Indonesian ISP maybe messing with your routing to this server or NFO is blocking out IPs from Indonesia to protect it from more DDOS attacks.

You could try restarting your router to see if that helps but the only known fix is to wait until it resolves itself.

Posted  Edited by Beter Griffin

Hey vrain, I'm also from Indonesia. If you're using Indihomo, then I suggest you restart your router. It's happened to me several times these last 2 weeks and the only way I can connect to the server is if I restart my wifi router. Hope this helps!

Edit: Looks like restarting your router doesn't work. That means you're probably not using indihomo. In that case just contact your ISP.

Edited by Beter Griffin

sisters camp GIF

@Malal I probably gonna wait 'till it resolves itself because playing on VPN means garbage ping/connection and makes it unplayable. Especially platforming and lasers 😂

@Beter Griffin Tried it already and no luck on joining the server (and yes I'm using indihomo) Hope it'll resolve itself

@Malal & @Beter Griffin Thanks for the suggestions!

Indihomo is so bad right now tbh, I was having the same problem too and contacting ISP many times but same trouble keep coming again and again and i cant connect at all around june/july last year. then I change my provider to MyRepublic, it is pretty stable now and I have a lower ping playing on css ze sv like nide and unloze. unfortunately MyRepublic still not cover all Indonesia area.

93896602_p0.jpg

6 hours ago, Vrain said:

I probably gonna wait 'till it resolves itself because playing on VPN means garbage ping/connection and makes it unplayable. Especially platforming and lasers 😂

Not really, a good vpn can actually improve your routing sometimes as it will go through a back route not front.

Most VPNs offer a trial period of a few days/week that you can refund if it doesn't help/ping is too high to be playable, I'm not too sure on Indonesian routing but you should try setting the VPN to West Coast America like San Francisco/Los Angeles or possibly try Sydney/Australia

Should only be 50ms higher at max than what you usually use.

@mikasa & @Beter Griffin Banking on indihomo to fix itself (but i agree that sometime indihomo is utter garbage), not worth changing internet provider just to play ZE😂

@Malal I've used Windscribe once for a year and tried using it for TF2 and the ping worsened rather than improved than not using a VPN. But I'll give it a go, thanks!

I'm not sure if it's your ISP blocking the connection or NFO. However, if you'd like, I can submit a ticket to NFO asking if they are. If NFO is blocking your IP, I can ask if they can unblock it.

I'd suggest running a trace route to the CS:GO ZE server as well and giving me the results. You can achieve this in Windows by running the following command in Command Prompt:

tracert 216.52.148.47

If you would like me to open a ticket with NFO, please PM your IPv4 address to me.

Thanks.

On 1/30/2019 at 12:40 PM, Vrain said:

@mikasa & @Beter Griffin Banking on indihomo to fix itself (but i agree that sometime indihomo is utter garbage), not worth changing internet provider just to play ZE😂

@Malal I've used Windscribe once for a year and tried using it for TF2 and the ping worsened rather than improved than not using a VPN. But I'll give it a go, thanks!

Every VPN is different, some are better than others for gaming and even designed for gaming.

A lot of people use Mudfish, as it's so cheap and can work really well. Currently my routing is bad to Asia and I can drop from 350ms to ~150-200 with almost zero lag.

4 hours ago, Neiva said:

Every VPN is different, some are better than others for gaming and even designed for gaming.

A lot of people use Mudfish, as it's so cheap and can work really well. Currently my routing is bad to Asia and I can drop from 350ms to ~150-200 with almost zero lag.

How much did they pay you?

17 hours ago, Vrain said:

@Roy Just got on csgo right now, and it seems I can read and join the server 😄 Looks like it resolves itself somehow, nevertheless thanks for reaching out Roy, really appreciate it!

I'm glad the issue was resolved!

If you experience issues again with your connection, please feel free to reach out to me.

Thanks.