Cpt.Haxray

Tau-5 Nerf Suggestion and Lambda-2(Dr.Clef) Buff Suggestion

People have complained about tau-5 being way too overpowered, and they are not exactly wrong.(I kinda waited to post this because i was just happy to see people who kept asking for it finally realizing why they were never added in). However, most suggestions related to nerfing them involves nerfing their shotgun or giving them the same shotgun dr.clef has... which would render them completely boring as their main unique standout feature is their shotgun.

My suggestion to fix tau-5 is to only have one of them spawn. "WHAT? BUT THEY'RE A SQUAD OF FOUR!' Yes(even though only 3 spawn ingame for gameplay reasons) but they tend to get injured or taken out of commission for extended periods of time due to the nature of the kind of operations they get sent on. Simply having only a single tau-5 spawn(by himself, with no one else) would greatly fix the balancing issue with tau-5(leaving only a single person) while still not being too weak and not ruining the only thing unique about them.

Might need a new voice line related to this, but its not super important.

The other suggestion is inregards to Dr.Clef, who a lot of people complain is too weak(I disagree, but people keep complaining). I tied these 2 suggestions together because people love to say to swap dr.clef's shotguns with tau-5, giving him the super shotgun and giving tau-5 the normal shotgun. Instead, I suggest replacing his shotgun with another one from the workshop. 

Specifically: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1445032964 The winchester model 1887. Outside of being closer(im not sure of the exact model) to the shotgun Dr.Clef actually uses, its unique model, animations, and sounds should help to make it feel more satisfying to use, as well as fixing the problem people have with Dr.Clef currently.

Definite +1 for the Dr. Clef suggestion

However, a -1 for the Tau-5 one, as it would make them stand out less and would remove their intended purpose as being a full squad of immortal cyborgs. I believe the main issue with Tau-5 is the amount of ammo they have, being a massive 202 shells (101 shots). Simply put, this enables them to go in guns blazing without any concern. If this supply were limited to 30 or 20 shells, they would have to be much more conservative with their ammo, encouraging them to only use the super shotgun on high priority targets. This change should make them not as overpowered, while still allowing them to maintain their threatening presence. They could also be made to be a much rarer reinforcement, possibly on the same level as Serpent's Hand. Either way, I agree that SSG should stay since it is such a fun weapon to use.

clef the master of all female stripper do need the tau 5 shotgun +1

but for the 1 spawning tau 5 is luck base depending on the person is afk or not -1 but nerfing the armor for the tau 5 or the weapon should be a good choice mostly when they are only good at super close range and choke area mostly at the breach area but when you bring it to the surface and have a long range fight the chance of geting in a fight with an er-1 , a famas and krieg (famas doesnt do much since they have armor so it isnt in the list) and fighting 1 isnt fun when you are escaping an the tau 5 is spawning so my guess is to nerf the tau 5 armor or the shotgun to the point it fun to battle with one or you just end up a pile of flesh with a load of shell in you

what if the tau-5 shotgun dealt less damage (~50 per shot), and you could only fire one barrel at a time

tau-5 armor could also not have a speed reduction to make up for it (doesn't change gameplay too much)

and giving clef a better shotgun would be nice +1

Achievements

7 hours ago, The1337Gh0st said:

what if the tau-5 shotgun dealt less damage (~50 per shot), and you could only fire one barrel at a time

tau-5 armor could also not have a speed reduction to make up for it (doesn't change gameplay too much)

and giving clef a better shotgun would be nice +1

ghost the gun is already shooting from 1 barrel so just nerf the tau 5 armor or the gun OR EVEN BETTER dont make them regen because as a scp that dont deal good of a damge it hard to kill the tau 5 if they want to regen make it 1 second

17 hours ago, HyperNinja said:

ghost the gun is already shooting from 1 barrel

the weapon itself loads 2 shells at once, and base damage is 64 per shot, but both barrels are fired simultaneously, so it deals up to 128 damage, therefore it does not only fire from only 1 barrel

you can see this with the unmodified version of the weapon since there is a customization for it that lets you only fire one barrel at a time (and there is also the option to choke it for a bit better accuracy)

so I am suggesting that the ability to only shoot 1 barrel at a time should be the only firing method, so that it isn't instant, and maybe nerf the damage a bit so it isn't 1-shot
maybe change it to like 10x5 and the accuracy is unaffected

Achievements

Idc about scp lore so maybe let one spawn with the shotgun and the others spawn with smgs