Ryannn

Map Modifier Plugin Poll/Suggestion

Questions  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite modifier?

2. 2. Separate Map Modifier Pool for Tryhard Maps?

After experiencing the map modifiers many times, I have come to the forums to voice what I have heard many talk/complain about along with solutions. (Sorry this is separate from the original thread, wanted to put in a poll and hear thoughts specifically based on these ideas!)

First off, most people hate the classic spawn mode. It almost always results in a quick undomm, or the map being rtv'd, along with a generally disappointed server because we didn't get the mode we all wanted. To be fair I have seen a few people defending the mode from time to time, but from what I've seen the vast majority just doesn't like it too much. A solution for this mode would be to either remove it completely (can be debated here), set it to the few maps that it really works well on (boatescape maps with a few others) or somehow lower the frequency that it is selected greatly.

Knife Knockback and Failnades are fun additions to the modifiers but to be honest, both just don't really make too much of an impact on gameplay, especially knife knockback. My suggestion for this is to combine the two, it will alter the original gameplay further, and I think it would make the modifier pool more exciting in general. I have asked/talked to randoms and regulars alike on the server and so far no one has told me that they would rather them stay separate.

Add a separate modifier pool for tryhard maps. This is more controversial but I think it would still be fun to have certain modes for tryhard maps that make it more challenging but not game breaking such as VIP, or as @JewBacca suggested no bhop for ct's only. There could also be a weapon restriction mode or something along those lines. I personally think this would be fun but it would need a lot of support tbh.

I figured I would leave a couple suggestions for modifiers here as well:

LMS Mode- Inspired from the source map Last Man Standing it would go as follows: Infect ratio is set to 50:50 basically splitting the server into two teams. 

Rifle Only- Just like it says, maybe could be pistols only or snipers only as well, but definitely not all 3 as it would take up over a third of the current modifier pool, lowering the chances of playing one of the other modifiers. Maybe if you want to add all 3, call it weapon restriction mode and create a vote for what to limit when the modifier is selected. 

I like classic spawn tbh... because i love excitement. 

I love the idea of failnades + knife knock back combine, but I hate that you stole that idea from my and claimed it as your own... dont deny it, your denial only further proves your guilt... 😜

I would suggest:

1 vote to enable map modifier, then a 2nd vote to give us options to choose from (just like the RTV system). I know that has been veto'ed several times by admins/SM, so how about this to keep some randomness... you get 2 random options and server gets to pick the option they want. 

I like rifles only as well... also maybe pistols only as well.

Posted  Edited by Elemental
2 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

I love the idea of failnades + knife knock back combine, but I hate that you stole that idea from my and claimed it as your own... dont deny it, your denial only further proves your guilt...

Except I did come up with the idea on my own... its a pretty easy solution to think of so makes sense why we both thought of it 🤔 . The whole point of this thread is for productivity, not petty nonsense which has no effect on the suggestions. 

Edited by Elemental

I voted nope for seperate map modifier under the guise that it was refering to no map modifier for tryhard maps, rather than implying that tryhard maps should have the same map modifier.

tryhard no modifier> tryhard different modifiers> tryhard same modifiers

1 minute ago, ReivaX said:

can we not have hearsay in the topic @Elemental

tell us with quotes and pictures who dislikes the game mode because all im hearing is "waaaaaaaah im bad plz help" XD

Well sorry i didn't document all of my experiences on the server but I can tell you the thing that pushed me to do this was yesterday on lemonysnickets and licciana i think, we got classic spawn, lemonysnickets we went straight to undomm, and licciana we went straight to rtv. This is not the first time, just twice in 1 day motivated me to make this topic. Like I said, I am just expressing my opinion and trying to see what the rest of the community thinks, at least the ones who use the forums. From every single one of my experiences with classic spawn (probably around 10 or so times) all I have heard were moans and groans and then a mass !undomm. Actually maybe a better solution would be to as originally set, allow players to !undomm and then !votemm to receive a better option. Not sure why this was changed but when we get classic and the map is locked to it, generally most people sound unsatisfied.

Posted  Edited by ReivaX

still hearsay m8, also you know licciana was made with classic spawn in mind :lenny:

btw many people agree with my opinion! just ask them

Edited by ReivaX

Just now, ReivaX said:

still hearsay m8, also you know licciana was made with classic spawn in mind :lenny:

doesn't mean people like it , but just for you, I will try to record the next time we get classic spawn

Posted  Edited by ReivaX
2 minutes ago, Elemental said:

i can only speak in vague phrases

doesn't mean people dont like it - when i play everyone actually starts celebrating when we get classic spawn, like, they have a party!

Edited by ReivaX

Gotta agree with Elemental tbh, classic spawns only works on some maps and even on the maps it does work on it doesnt really make the gameplay any more fun since it just happens in the start and thats it.

I’ve only ever seen people celebrate for VIP and One Hit Knives tbh. The other modes just arent as good. Combining the knockback ones could be nice cause it makes sense to just combine them to have an “increased knockback” mm rather than 2 of em for diff weapons. 

i hate all of the map modifiers since they either dont do anything or people dont do anything with them

(or in the case of classic spawn and vip they ruin everything)

Last man standing might work but they not gonna work well on a classic spawn maps. And a separate pools modifier might be a good and bad idea at the same time. We could get some shit modifier and then people start to complain. And tryhard map shouldn’t have modifier because we already stuck with NORMAL GUN. Then if we have rifle only on tryhard map that just gonna become a big mess with mic spam of complain but I know for a fact that we could undo map modifier but would they want to or they listen to you I a thing.

i like fail nades, but only if im feeling like trolling after we beat a map, or if I am a zombie and want to ruin someones round...

I feel like for try hard maps, we may want to consider the fact if we beat one of the unbeaten maps with votemm enabled, it wont count and there will forever be a * next to the win... 

Elemental, I was just joking around. Its a good idea and i would like to see it. I hope your's and my dreams come true!

1 hour ago, hotEvercLear said:

I feel like for try hard maps, we may want to consider the fact if we beat one of the unbeaten maps with votemm enabled, it wont count and there will forever be a * next to the win... 

Well I mean the mm’s for tryhard maps would hopefully serve the purpose of only making the map more difficult, not cancerous or too easy. I don’t see why it shouldn’t count if the cts win with only rifles or no ct bhop. 

Harder maps mite as well have map modifiers that make things easier. A good deal of them are unpopular enough already due to their difficulty, and the ones that are popular enough will have server mentality push against making it easier with a modifier. Easier wins on excesively hard maps may raise thier popularity, prompting players to attempt them with normal settings in the future.

as for people being upset about it being “legit”, you guys are autistic. Every single contest usually leads to a hefty number of tryhards flooding to the first server that beats the map, a sign that no one gives a shit about legitness, considering there isnt universal standards for how zombie escape should be played. People flooding to the russian servers for cosmo, to mapedores/chinese servers for aesthetic, and even to gfl for frostdrake. In one case, one autistic dude was so obsessed with players playing by his standards, that it drove away the playerbase, mirroring how the hardest maps drive away players due to the same patterns. Take it or leave it, you can either play in easier conditions prompting to more willingly accept playing the map, or you can leave things as it is and let the map get played once in a blue moon due to consecutive sessions building a negative reputation within the playerbase. Theres always a third option of course, to get a mic and lead, prompting temporary manipulation of the playerbase actions.

1 hour ago, gkuo88 said:

Theres always a third option of course, to get a mic and lead, prompting temporary manipulation of the playerbase actions.

How woke does one need to be to get the conclusion that explaining how to beat a map to new players is manipulation

I was moreso thinking about Temporary manipulation into playing a map which isn’t normally played by the server, due to negative reputation built from past experiences from the map. 

However there was a past instance where some fool tried to justify shitty settings with leading. As settings became harder, people began staying away from maps that used to be self sufficient because it took too much effort now. Of course the fool wouldn’t have it, so instead he lead his ass off for a few weeks in order to manipulate people into the mentailty that the settings weren’t at fault, but it was instead the players fault for not trying hard enough. Of course once the leading ended, the map returned to being dead, even though it was originally was a self sustaining map to begin with. So yea, i can definately argue that leading can be used as manipulation.

i led tilex 😄

but we beat it like 5 times sooooooooooooo no need to play that map anymore :lenny:

i feel like you guys are getting away from the point first made btw

8 hours ago, gkuo88 said:

I was moreso thinking about Temporary manipulation into playing a map which isn’t normally played by the server, due to negative reputation built from past experiences from the map. 

That's not leading it's called manipulating the map vote.

Classic spawn - loses alot of people at the beginning causes players to give up more easily, causes people to be upset being zombie multiple times in a row. On the plus side, if you know how to abuse it you can turn alot of maps into easy wins 

Knife knockback - made for trolling, not much gameplay change, shit version of one hit knife

Failnades - a fucking failure throughout the history of zombie escape, made for trolling. Usually leads to people purposely throwing cause no one wants to be on the shit end of the stick. To quote an idiot "failnades are totally fine, all you guys have to do is not throw a failnade!"

One hit knife - Oh jee wiz, it seems like the only mod that's popular is the one that grants power to the human players, while all the ones that grant power to zombie players are unpopular! I wonder if there's a pattern here?

VIP - Neat, but bad on certain maps, no benefit for humans.

LMS - stage 5 of lms was balanced out with all the zombies having 500 health. 2 teams also lack flexibility due to being stuck with the same players every round and having half the team start with zombies is pretty much recreating the same problems as classic spawn. Oh and lms stage 5 is usually where the server dies and gets dragged out

Rifles only - das cool

My sugge shitpost

Pump shotguns only - cause pump shotguns are cooler. If possible increase knockback and spread and decrease range. Actually range is already low enough. AWPS only but infinite ammo same fire rate seems cool too. Probably cant work with bosses

Double the speed of humans - gotta go fast, humans will have to learn how to stand fucking still when defending, and probably watch their jumps too. Reduce friction sounds fun too. Probably wont work with maps with little defending and lots of running

Drugs mode - I hope csgo has drugs mode like css. getting slapped every 5 seconds sounds fun, both for humans and zombies. Or just make them jump every 5 seconds.

Reverse - if there are those infinite deagles like css, have there only be like 5-10 humans verses the rest as zombies

Freezenades - freezenades

Gun game - have guns change every 10 seconds, lol

Zr mode - decrease zombie hp until 500 hp. Add one or more of the following flavors:

- decrease zombie knockback 

- increase zombie speed and respawn,

- have one zombie act as the respawn point, but hes slower than the other zombies

- humans take damage from zombie knifes rather than infection

- increase zombie spawn ratio

heck i got no idea what go is even capable of.