Joshy

Highlight or Crown the Leader

I would like to see whoever has the most post count for the day, or most reputation points, or both...  I would like their posts either real-time during day or the following day if it's easier... that their posts are highlighted or there is a crown/badge temporarily added to their posts.  The idea is flexible can be a leader, can be top 3, can be based on the current day, or based on previous day...  whatever is easier and people like the most :) just something along these lines.

The highlighting I'm referencing I think I saw something like this and it's very similar to the red highlight when a thread is hidden: https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/post-color-highlight-r974/

Something like this if JG got the most post count for the day either that day or the previous day (whichever is easier to implement) then suddenly their posts will temporarily glow for the day

J5ykdrt.png

or maybe a crown instead

qlALbGl.png

or both?

What do you guys think, and would something like this be easy to implement?  I think highlighting or badges might be easy by itself, but automating it might be hard.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Serenity

This isn't a bad idea if it's possible. It's a good way to kind of keep the forums active and alive and encourage people to post.

Also if we were to do the crown maybe make it a little smaller haha. 

Edited by Serenity

Achievements

f5b3383a990fda56e83bbcca2ebde7dc.png 

would be cool to implement this idea similarly to how birthdays are done

Director of Divisions and Physion Unturned Division Leader

amongus_AdobeExpress.gif

xQc on GFL Surf 7/16/22

Yeah, I can probably add a Crown below (or above) author profile pictures if they have the highest content score of the day, stealing classes from here should make stuff easier: https://gflclan.com/leaderboard/?time=today

As for displaying the highest content count of the day, I can probably work something out for that too... but it'll be a more involved process. Will keep you updated as time goes on.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

Posted  Edited by Dominic

The cooler the incentive the better, so if something like an avatar border can be implemented I think a lot of people would gun for it. But yes, this might increase activity on the forums, or like the gentleman above me jokingly stated, people will start spamming for it. I think the potential pros outweigh the potential cons, but it's something to be weary of and to take into consideration.

Edited by Dominic

I agree.  I think almost any incentive will have risks associated with it that are always hard to prevent 100%.

An example is that some forums I have visited they do not allow people to post pictures.  The reason is because they are worried about the risk of people posting indecent pictures or using it for advertising; however: that would make the forums very bare and boring, and I don't see too many active forums with settings like that.  Here: We obviously allow people to post pictures and videos knowing these risks exists...  we assume the general case people will follow the rules, and if people break the rules it will be handled (hopefully not too often, which I don't think a suggestion like this would seriously increase that risk).

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

• 1 year later...

I forgot all about this suggestion! Hmm... I'll keep it in "in progress" as I think I should be able to get it working quite easily within the week.

• 3 months later...
On 7/5/2022 at 8:43 PM, Liloz01 said:

I forgot all about this suggestion! Hmm... I'll keep it in "in progress" as I think I should be able to get it working quite easily within the week.

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News