Finnick

Topic view

OK here's what I've come up with.

The Pros about having this feature are

1. It is important to see who has viewed what not just by looking at the comments. It may turn out to be important who viewed what and knows about it.

2. We are an open community where if someone views something there is no reason others shouldn't see that they viewed it.

3. It may cause secrecy issues if we don't have it.

The Cons

1. It is breaking the privacy barrier.

2. There is simply no reason for it because it doesn't influence anything.

So yeah +1 from me if I'm even allowed to vote :lenny:

- ShakaYourBooty  [GFL Member] (soon to be administrator...)  + {garry's mod} TTT 24/7 MineCraft GFL Jihad Server Player

With HOLIDAY THEMED GMod {in-game} names.

If I do not act nice to you please feel free to PM me with your dilemmas I'm sure I can be of assistance.

583d87b8d1f1e934794430.gif

Posted  Edited by Frosty.Finnick
4 minutes ago, ShakaYourBooty said:

OK here's what I've come up with.

The Pros about having this feature are

1. It is important to see who has viewed what not just by looking at the comments. It may turn out to be important who viewed what and knows about it.

- It's a CURRENT TOPIC VIEW, which means you can see people's name(s) at the bottom of the screen to see who is viewing it with you... It isn't a list to see who viewed it.

2. We are an open community where if someone views something there is no reason others shouldn't see that they viewed it.

3. It may cause secrecy issues if we don't have it.

-What Benny said :3

The Cons

1. It is breaking the privacy barrier.  - lol who the fuck cares?  You would be able to toggle yourself so you can't be shown at the bottom of the screen.

2. There is simply no reason for it because it doesn't influence anything.   - It doesn't need to influence anything...

So yeah +1 from me if I'm even allowed to vote :lenny:

Marked my answers to your points in Orange

Edited by Frosty.Finnick

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

1 minute ago, ShakaYourBooty said:

1. It is breaking the privacy barrier.

Not really. At the bottom of main page, you can see who's viewing by doing the following things:

15147782f0812.png

or

1521c24bad835.png

Yellow is highlight btw

76561198043643390.png

1 minute ago, Benroyjam said:

Not really. At the bottom of main page, you can see who's viewing by doing the following things:

15147782f0812.png

or

1521c24bad835.png

Yellow is highlight btw

Yeah I know I just wanted to state all the possible dire situations and community disruptions that will most likely never happen. Thats why I voted +1

- ShakaYourBooty  [GFL Member] (soon to be administrator...)  + {garry's mod} TTT 24/7 MineCraft GFL Jihad Server Player

If I do not act nice to you please feel free to PM me with your dilemmas I'm sure I can be of assistance.

3 minutes ago, Frosty.Finnick said:

Marked my answers to your points in Orange

No I've never been on the old forums...

No one cares I was just quoting the least likely situations, exactly why I voted +1

I've quickly skimmed the settings in IPS 4, but unfortunately couldn't find any setting for this (maybe I'm just blind). This isn't a bad idea and the only con I could possibly think of is the website using slightly extra resources (but that's really not a big deal).

As for privacy, if people don't want themselves to show up, they could just login "anonymously".

I will continue to look later. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks.