Joshy

Badge Progress: Event, Marketing, GFX

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: Added more badges

What do you guys think of these badges?  I can't say they're official because I'm not a part of any team, but let's see if you guys like them or what kind of suggestions you may have...  Would these positions you'd aspire to and enjoy the badge?  Help me make this official if you like them.

Marketing Team Leader

I'm not sure if the whiteboard markers were clear, but I always think of taking something to the whiteboard when brainstorming ideas with a team.

T39whWQ.png

Without a symbol?  The colour is pretty nice anyways.

hTScIpU.png

Graphics Team Leader

Painting?  I tried it with red, but we use too much red and it's too Chrimstas-y.

1LGZQGp.png

Event Team Leader

Someone joked that this one looked like it's a USSR flag in progress.  I think of events as something our "super stars" would do, and as something spectacular. (slight edit)

D1mTils.png

Calendar added upon feedback - an event "scheduled" or "planned"

TsgiLEP.png

Prominent Member

I showed this to someone else instead using different colours and award because I liked the stars and I think it would be a cool badge.

iJPl4Dq.png

Recruiter

In response to the recruiting ideas and external advertising goals (reference).  This is meant to be a flag and I'm thinking of trying one with a megaphone or adding it with the flag.

lZqt2GK.png

Discord Moderator/Admin

The TS kids got one!

KXVcgXL.png

Former Manager

Just for you @MooseNot quite Former Staff?  I suppose it's debatable, but I still like this badge.

ZnaQ2Pl.png

Mini Division Leader

I'd like to see this.  Maybe one for @Benroy and his RuneScape team ;)

KNfAXG1.png

Edited by Joshy
Added more badges

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

6 minutes ago, Joshy said:

T39whWQ.png

Those look like cigarettes.

7 minutes ago, Joshy said:

1LGZQGp.png

I like the idea but the paint itself looks like it was made with a marker.

8 minutes ago, Joshy said:

vwc87C5.png

They're not wrong, does look like a USSR flag when pointed out. "Super stars" sounds kinda silly, maybe a calendar to plan an event?

Hope your day has been good so far, go ahead and move onto the next comment, I got nothin' for you anymore :) 

Posted  Edited by Joshy
31 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Those look like cigarettes.

I like the idea but the paint itself looks like it was made with a marker.

They're not wrong, does look like a USSR flag when pointed out. "Super stars" sounds kinda silly, maybe a calendar to plan an event?

Thanks for your quick feedback!  I didn't *think the calendar would look good, but it wasn't too bad.  It's difficult to scale.

TsgiLEP.png

Markers were difficult to scale too.  I'll show one without any symbol for now.

hTScIpU.png

Edited by Joshy

I like the ideas, they could definitely be used with some tweaks and edits here and there. What I really like is the fade colour backing, it could defo work out with some tweaks by some other people’s opin

Yours Sincerely,

Royce

Public Relations | GFL Moderator

Profile | Twitter | GameTracker | Steam | Email

Former CS:GO JB Admin/EC

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: Feedback in regard to Bae's post.

Prominent Member

I showed this to someone else instead using different colours and award because I liked the stars and I think it would be a cool badge.

iJPl4Dq.png

Recruiter

In response to the recruiting ideas and external advertising goals (reference).  This is meant to be a flag and I'm thinking of trying one with a megaphone or adding it with the flag.

lZqt2GK.png

Discord Moderator/Admin

The TS kids got one!

KXVcgXL.png

3 hours ago, Bae said:

Please give thoughts to these badges as well:

With Borders:

Marketing_Leader_Badge.jpg.b41aa2ca321f58abc6b94e0c15e00a1b.jpgEvent_Coordinator_Leader.jpg.ad2115bbba610945dec283c5458ea720.jpgGFX_Leader_Badge.jpg.d4905efb93ee26208eacb86b2d0c77e8.jpg

Without Borders:

2GFX_Leader_Badge.jpg.5fe4f45b867abcce8134cd02f8872e88.jpg2Marketing_Leader_Badge.jpg.860daa8826dbf16d15f0c6962954330d.jpg2Event_Coordinator_Leader.jpg.f259334ff6700f43e08fc3bb3393383b.jpg

I need to clarify something:

I did not make this.

I don't know what it is about these badges, but something about it just seems off like the colour is too light compare and the contrast between the font and its background is too weak.  I'd criticize the lowercase, but then I suggested a Marketing Team Leader one using forte and lower case; Duc said that one was like the best although I posted these ones for a little more consistency.

I strongly prefer the border.  This is just a personal preference, but it really gives it that badge "vibe" to me versus an image on the internet.

Edited by Joshy
Feedback in regard to Bae's post.

21 minutes ago, Joshy said:

iJPl4Dq.png

It seems to be kinda blurry/pixelated.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

13 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Which part?  The writing?  Image?  Maybe I did something wrong with the scaling.

Looks like my browser was set to zoom. My bad XD

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

I'd prefer it if the badges that are to come follow the same theme as the current ones. The current ones seem a lot more professional and are very simple. The badges above look a little bit childish and like they were made in Paint. No offence at all, I don't even know how to use Photoshop that well, I might be wrong.

• Use the current Badge Format.
  • Less colors.
  • Less detail.
  • No Comic Sans, please.

@Bae's look really well done but still, I have to admit that the current badges really fit the website and look professional because of their simplicity.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy
31 minutes ago, Syntax said:

they were made in Paint. No offence at all,

Not completely ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  No offense taken.  Thanks for your feedback!

I'd love to use the older badges we have, but I don't have that template/background.  Someone told me the font (I think comic neue), but I don't have it :( 

Just a reminder the stuff above is unofficial.  Clearly I'm not staff neither on the creative team.

Edited by Joshy

@Rose Show them the darker theme so that they can make judgement of it.

I do know how to make one but my designs are different.

b1293d4f2c2ef78165b2f7676cf18538149957242226a625b40acc228e6afe9ca7f99ee9149957240893f903948fabf299a86d2dc3f2f09014995724ranks.png

So yeah it won't work for you guys. It wont fit your theme.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Nue font?

lEHS4Wu.png

BKrf4mt.png

TF7DJgK.png

ryWjNl7.png

NtHrDNx.png

po5od90.png

v1fYAQb.png

I like that fire one, Bae :P 

Maybe the way I'm scaling isn't a good method?  I'm just going for it directly.  Here's what it looks like to me when it's up close and before I scale it.

cTb1ZTR.png

Edited by Joshy

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I haven't received positive feedback about these, but I like making them anyways.  I suspect these wont ever be used, but I hope it may inspire some others to give it a go or to try and make something for GFL...  or just to have some fun.

Mini Division Leader

I'd like to see this.

KNfAXG1.png

Edited by Joshy