Severely_Artistic

Forms for all Applications and Reports

Forms Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Forms are a better choice.

Posted  Edited by Severely_Artistic

Hi there.

I want to suggest using forms for all applications and player reports. This would keep everything much more organized and professional. 

After remembering this:

9c32c1d7eeeb4f25b73c6498424c014f.png

it had just occurred to me it existed. This would be much better to use with player reports and applications than dealing with human error on the player's end when it comes to getting the format and using it.

Basic run down of benefits with using forms for player reports, applications, and more:

• Makes the process for player reports and (admin) applications much more organized
  • Makes the process also professional
  • Nothing would be missed by the player as all requirements are there
  • Easier to access and use
  • Easier to manage on manager's end
  • Can force upon requirement checks (i.e. minimum age, hours, word count [possibly, depends on manager choice], etc.)
  • Can be formatted to liking.

Of course, we already use this for member applications, too, and so it shows more of its potential when used all across GFL.

So, any comments on this?

Edited by Severely_Artistic

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

QieICm4iRd6R572F6QZmzQ.png

qIbaita.gif

Posted  Edited by Twig

You would think that it's obvious that an organized form would be most beneficial to servers. 

Edited by Twig

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

22 minutes ago, Twig said:

You would think that it's obvious that an organized form would be most beneficial to servers. 

Basically this

I say this is a great idea tbh bois

Posted  Edited by Bae

If you want a form like that, you need to contact @denros of the details of what you need and how you want it to set up. He's the only one that can set that up. 

But the thing is, I don't think he's willing to do it for each and every server. I get what you mean by like the old way, but I think everyone wants it to be however it is for their own server. Each server has different criteria of how to report player and what information is needed. IF this is only directed for TTT, you should first ask @Violator. It was a cluster fudge doing the old way.

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

16 minutes ago, Bae said:

If you want a form like that, you need to contact @denros of the details of what you need and how you want it to set up. He's the only one that can set that up. 

But the thing is, I don't think he's willing to do it for each and every server. I get what you mean by like the old way, but I think everyone wants it to be however it is for their own server. Each server has different criteria of how to report player and what information is needed. IF this is only directed for TTT, you should first ask @Violator. It was a cluster fudge doing the old way.

This isn't directed towards TTT. This should be similar for all servers unless something else is requested of it.

Obviously this wouldn't be overnight, so it'd be best to start progressing through updating forums on each server with this.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

qIbaita.gif

1 minute ago, Severely_Artistic said:

This isn't directed towards TTT. This should be similar for all servers unless something else is requested of it.

Obviously this wouldn't be overnight, so it'd be best to start progressing through updating forums on each server with this.

I'm saying that each server manager wants it different set up on how they want it. If they don't want a form, then that's them. I'm just saying that it's really up to the manager themselves. If they want, then they can ask Denros to customize for them.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

25 minutes ago, Bae said:

I'm saying that each server manager wants it different set up on how they want it. If they don't want a form, then that's them. I'm just saying that it's really up to the manager themselves. If they want, then they can ask Denros to customize for them.

I highly doubt there's a manager that wouldn't want to use this. This has nothing but benefits.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

qIbaita.gif

2 hours ago, Severely_Artistic said:

I highly doubt there's a manager that wouldn't want to use this. This has nothing but benefits.

Really, only benefits? There is almost no upside to having forms, and you would have realised that if you had just thought a bit more about it.

The only thing forms should ever be used for is player reports, and even then it isnt needed. All you need is a small comment.

By creating forms for applications, you basically dumb down the application process, so that minimum effort is required to create a valid application, regardless of quality.

All you need is a simple post explaining your guidelines for the application process. If your applicants won't even read that, then it just makes it easier to remove garbage applicants. Creating an admin application should be something that people use a considerable amount of effort on, and not something people do on a whim.

You claim that it would be easier for the manager, but introducing forms for admin applications, will only make it harder to sort the trash from decent applications.

The reason forms are used for member applications is to ensure people wont have to go through any effort to create a valid application, do you want the same for admin applications? 

The only real benefits here are for people that shouldnt be admin in the first place.

2 hours ago, Fainted said:

Really, only benefits? There is almost no upside to having forms, and you would have realised that if you had just thought a bit more about it.

The only thing forms should ever be used for is player reports, and even then it isnt needed. All you need is a small comment.

By creating forms for applications, you basically dumb down the application process, so that minimum effort is required to create a valid application, regardless of quality.

All you need is a simple post explaining your guidelines for the application process. If your applicants won't even read that, then it just makes it easier to remove garbage applicants. Creating an admin application should be something that people use a considerable amount of effort on, and not something people do on a whim.

You claim that it would be easier for the manager, but introducing forms for admin applications, will only make it harder to sort the trash from decent applications.

The reason forms are used for member applications is to ensure people wont have to go through any effort to create a valid application, do you want the same for admin applications? 

The only real benefits here are for people that shouldnt be admin in the first place.

I list the upsides for using forms in green, yet you appear to ignore them?

If you haven't realized, in the past, when you post simply a guidelines, that leaves it to human error when trying to make an application, so the format might be messed up or get confused on a question, resulting in having to ask staff and use up time unnecessarily. Forms would allow us to instead of giving to fill out, offer a question with extra information as examples perhaps. 

This "minimum effort" in making an application isn't exactly a deciding factor.  Hell, it's not even a factor to consider.

It's up to the manager to decide if it's easier to not. I'm just using the point myself as a possible one, but I get the feeling you use this point as fact and in criticism.

This doesn't just benefit people that shouldn't be admin. This benefits the community's image as it makes it look more professional and organized. 

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

qIbaita.gif

Old forums had it, and the old forums were great.

Shame what happened to the old forums sadface.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

I like this idea and I see how it would be helpful, but I need some time to think on it.

I'll leave a more detailed response later.

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former GFL Council Member
  • Former Deathrun Server Manager
  • Former Murder Server Manager (2x)
  • Former Forum/Discord/TS Moderator
  • Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin
  • Former Ragdoll Combat Admin
  • Former Hide and Seek Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

76561198080414294.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad0d7752f3af933e823242707f002882.png

7ca15ba2adfc1cca1bbdd1b0e2899323.png

8a1fc7db81c9f9c55efeb06616369387.png

a23834bee8bd262ab85ddc004d8a52d4.png

37c2106e984c072a98986b80abc62302.png

ac8e16c80959c1400d7f78eb08d82b9a.png

d987b48e16877f03d3f4bd471f7a167d.png

7c3ddae8149571527b4fd382077c386b.png

addedjittogroupgay.png.b9cd0e35765a9eb4289086eb110830ed.png

crusty.PNG.ff0ad7f19b0b472ee3cf36cffd1138a4.PNG

eatcakeandcry.PNG.c3e7a72409b2c1a1bca7a659d6b0d5c5.PNG

fuckijustnutted.png.288a102240b0b61679c2a06089a8b4fb.png

quesadillaorriot.PNG.694be1708aeccc1771da16873fb0705b.PNG

This was something that was supposed to be reimplimented  and was something I was pushing for as a director but since all of our good devs died, development on it stopped. Whether or not that's changed recently is another story 

11f4263ab6c30a3489f8db3145340861.png

So everyone is listing their former stuff so I'll just be cool and list mine :3

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player

23 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

This was something that was supposed to be reimplimented  and was something I was pushing for as a director but since all of our good devs died, development on it stopped. Whether or not that's changed recently is another story 

Well who was the one who got it working for the Creative team? Denros?

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

qIbaita.gif

7 minutes ago, Severely_Artistic said:

Well who was the one who got it working for the Creative team? Denros?

I just said so many times. It was denros that made it for me. I PMed him 

He's still code for the forums, but it'll take him time to do it accordingly of what is prior to do.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

42 minutes ago, Bae said:

I just said so many times. It was denros that made it for me. I PMed him 

He's still code for the forums, but it'll take him time to do it accordingly of what is prior to do.

Is there a way then to get more developers? 

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

qIbaita.gif

11 minutes ago, Severely_Artistic said:

Is there a way then to get more developers? 

Uh, there are server type developers but uh as for the website types, I am unsure. Most of them prefer to get paid so that's something else. I believe uh a technical admin or director should answer this question instead. Because to me, I don't know the actual way of finding a developer without having that ask for payment or paycheck.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements