Deathrun Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back CS:S Deathrun

Posted  Edited by Drake111

Hello, I was a former admin in GFL for the long lasting Deathrun server for about 2 years. I know that it's a bit later on since it has been down, and what happened with the server, but I have so many friends that was from GFL Deathrun, and nearly all of them that still play CS:S say that they would love for the server to be brought back. I've missed the server myself, and I check almost every week to see if I can find anything about the deathrun being brought back. I know that there are about zero Deathrun servers on CS:S that are English, and GFL had a very successful one, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was popular again.

What I'm making this post about is because I think (And many others) that the Deathrun should be brought back, at least for a few months to see how it'll turn out. I'll help the server 24/7 and be active for most of my day. I'll have players invited, recruited and even help around with the server and getting it populated. I know the odds of how this could turn out, and if we could get a successful server manager, I believe this server could do mighty fine.

I will have a poll set, please make your votes with a lot of consideration as I have a lot of hope for this server to be brought back. If you're a Division Leader, I please you to take this under consideration.

Thank You!

Edited by Drake111

As far as I know, we've tried this and it failed. The DL will most likely not release any more new servers for time being, as the main focus is for Surf RPG DM and BHop right now.

76561198043643390.png

As what Ben said. Server failed and the DL won't be releasing any new CS:S servers anytime soon due to our main focus for the other 2 servers we have. I like the idea of brining it back. And I also like how you will dedicate your time to the server and will try to populate it. But like all servers need to be kept up and running, we need an server manager. We need a server manager who has the dedication to work on the server. Like I said before, I like the idea of it but it might either take a while to bring it back up or the idea of it bringing it back will be shot down.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Drake111
21 minutes ago, Kite9867 said:

As what Ben said. Server failed and the DL won't be releasing any new CS:S servers anytime soon due to our main focus for the other 2 servers we have. I like the idea of brining it back. And I also like how you will dedicate your time to the server and will try to populate it. But like all servers need to be kept up and running, we need an server manager. We need a server manager who has the dedication to work on the server. Like I said before, I like the idea of it but it might either take a while to bring it back up or the idea of it bringing it back will be shot down.

Being completely honest here, I have a quite a few of experience dealing with owning a few servers for counterstrike, but for a JailBreak server. If I could only have a few guidance on the way, I totally wouldn't mind helping out and doing my best until there is a proper Server Manager. I can speak probably for well over 10 players who used to play GFL DR back then, and would totally help for bringing it back up. I'm willing to try anything in my power to help this server come back up. I've grown up in this DR server my whole steam life, and if there's anything I can do, I am willing to do so. Thanks for the reply.

I understand that you're a Server Admin, and can't gain me access to Server Manager, but I am really trying anything to get this server another attempt.

Edited by Drake111

sadly setting up servers isn't something I can even do with my internet being so buggy/crap (reason why I asked for a second Division Leader that ended up stepping down)

I can only do so much with my internet, sadly I can't really add any more servers unless I can get someone that is there to help..

if the higher ups agree I might try and get a new helping Division Leader, idk yet I see what the higher ups say.

I'm the cs:s Division Leader

feel free to ask for help

2 minutes ago, Thomasdavid097 said:

sadly setting up servers isn't something I can even do with my internet being so buggy/crap (reason why I asked for a second Division Leader that ended up stepping down)

I can only do so much with my internet, sadly I can't really add any more servers unless I can get someone that is there to help..

if the higher ups agree I might try and get a new helping Division Leader, idk yet I see what the higher ups say.

I'm sorry to hear about the internet, I can literally say the same. Thank you so much for putting this into consideration!

tbh, bhop and surfrpg are both doing really well for the css division (considering css is a dying game).

bhop and surfrpg don't need as much focus as they needed before, but i believe the focus was shifting towards other plans for the division.

overall, i believe deathrun is a great idea, but i think there are other priorities we need to take care of before we expand too much.

Posted  Edited by Maximo

Hello, my name is Max, I'm an old admin of the GFL Server. I would love to bring the server back again, I left the GFL community since the server fell. Basically our deathrun server was my home, but now It's gone. So I'm helping drake to make this successfull, I know most of you guys don't know me, but the old players do. Also this would bring back more people to our community and be an overall gain. Thank you for helping us with our old home, I hope it goes well, have a nice day guys!

Edited by Maximo