Based_Matt

Being able to delete your own posts

Posted  Edited by Based_Matt

It's probably right in front of my face, but I can't delete my own posts. May have something to do with my forum rank but I believe on the old website everyone could delete their own posts. I don't think I can do this as of right now, but I could be wrong. I can edit my own posts and clear all the content out, but then I would think it would just leave a blank post.

Edited by Based_Matt

Posted  Edited by Addy - Edit Reason: im an idiot

Yeah, you can just hit "Options" next to "Edit"

(At least, it's there for me, maybe cause forum group?)

Edited by Addy
im an idiot

maxresdefault.jpg

9qgn1Zn.png

was good knowin you

M E M E S

Spoiler

c8t20uJ.png

NYsFw15.png

pRMNTno.png

iGOJUvA.png

9qgn1Zn.png

F11Vx5A.png

YK0zrGH.png

D I S C O R D

V5BjkfK.png

NHMZswY.png

4M7pOXZ.png

aURPCME.png

XYga1Wn.png

7VakUEv.png

ecErTIf.png

cc1LDBw.png

D E N R O S

giphy.gif

D O N T   F O R G E T   W I L F O R D

SDjQmNz.png

D O N T   F O R G E T   J E R M

9qgn1Zn.png

Spoiler

Former Garry's Mod Jailbreak Manager

Former CS:S Bhop Manager

Former CS:S Dust 2 Manager

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

#BringBackGMODJailbreak

#BringBackJermsquad

#Hacking4CA

you can never delete your own post as admin/member/vip/user, you can only report it for the moderators to move it...

(+ on the old forum roy said that not to delete posts)

I'm the cs:s Division Leader

feel free to ask for help

4 minutes ago, Addy said:

Yeah, you can just hit "Options" next to "Edit"

(At least, it's there for me, maybe cause forum group?)

I think it's because of your group. Regardless of whether or not you could on the old website, I think you should have the option to delete (or even hide) your own posts.

Just now, Based_Matt said:

I think it's because of your group. Regardless of whether or not you could on the old website, I think you should have the option to delete (or even hide) your own posts.

Yeah, it definitely was useful. I'd like to see that on here

maxresdefault.jpg

9qgn1Zn.png

was good knowin you

M E M E S

Spoiler

c8t20uJ.png

NYsFw15.png

pRMNTno.png

iGOJUvA.png

9qgn1Zn.png

F11Vx5A.png

YK0zrGH.png

D I S C O R D

V5BjkfK.png

NHMZswY.png

4M7pOXZ.png

aURPCME.png

XYga1Wn.png

7VakUEv.png

ecErTIf.png

cc1LDBw.png

D E N R O S

giphy.gif

SDjQmNz.png

9qgn1Zn.png

Spoiler

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

#BringBackGMODJailbreak

#BringBackJermsquad

#Hacking4CA

22 minutes ago, Thomasdavid097 said:

you can never delete your own post as admin/member/vip/user, you can only report it for the moderators to move it...

(+ on the old forum roy said that not to delete posts)

I think he meant hide their own post. 

Seriously, I agree. Server admins should have a option to edit and hide their own posts. 

76561198043643390.png

Just now, Benroyjam said:

I think he meant hide their own post. 

Seriously, I agree. Server admins should have a option to edit and hide their own posts. 

IMO, anyone in general should have the option to at least edit/hide it. I've fucked up plenty of times on old forums about something (maybe misreading, etc.), and just hid and/or edited my post. was useful +1

maxresdefault.jpg

9qgn1Zn.png

was good knowin you

M E M E S

Spoiler

c8t20uJ.png

NYsFw15.png

pRMNTno.png

iGOJUvA.png

9qgn1Zn.png

F11Vx5A.png

YK0zrGH.png

D I S C O R D

V5BjkfK.png

NHMZswY.png

4M7pOXZ.png

aURPCME.png

XYga1Wn.png

7VakUEv.png

ecErTIf.png

cc1LDBw.png

D E N R O S

giphy.gif

SDjQmNz.png

9qgn1Zn.png

Spoiler

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

#BringBackGMODJailbreak

#BringBackJermsquad

#Hacking4CA

54 minutes ago, Addy said:

IMO, anyone in general should have the option to at least edit/hide it. I've fucked up plenty of times on old forums about something (maybe misreading, etc.), and just hid and/or edited my post. was useful +1

I agree, ANYONE should have the right to censor/modify their own material. That's a basic right.

I agree misreading is a big issue. But I can also see where people would change what they say to give some lesser credit in some way but I personaly agree with users being able to hide there own posts.

Achievements

3 hours ago, ComradeSteaky said:

It would atleast be nice to have an edit option. But its removed on certain threads it seems. 

Only Member+ can edit your own posts, according to Denros. If you're just a user/guest on the forums, you cannot edit your posts at all.

I don't think we should even allow non-moderators/manager/dl/council/administrator to delete post/topics because well its not your job. IF you made a mistake, just report your own thread. Simple. That's the point of having Forum moderators, if we're giving access to everyone, that kills the purposes of forum moderator. I also understand you're talking about own topics and posts, but if I recall, someone on GFL always said to think before you post. 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

11 minutes ago, Bae said:

Only Member+ can edit your own posts, according to Denros. If you're just a user/guest on the forums, you cannot edit your posts at all.

I don't think we should even allow non-moderators/manager/dl/council/administrator to delete post/topics because well its not your job. IF you made a mistake, just report your own thread. Simple. That's the point of having Forum moderators, if we're giving access to everyone, that kills the purposes of forum moderator. I also understand you're talking about own topics and posts, but if I recall, someone on GFL always said to think before you post. 

This is essentially a social networking site for gamers. Correct? We can make comments and update our statuses etc. Name a social media site where you can't delete your own material. I don't have a problem with users not being able to do anything, because let's be honest if you are a user, and you use the forums enough to be affected by this, you're just a lazy individual. If there is a post that I no longer want people to see, I shouldn't have to rely on someone else's competence to remove MY post. I don't want to report myself. The word "report" carries a negative connotation. It's not accurate, reports should be reserved for trolls/threats/immaturity/other bullshit. The post shouldn't necessairily have to be contraversial, and there shouldn't have to be a reason any more than "I don't want this post to exist" for one to be removed. I find myself regretting things I post on occasion. What if I don't want to replace what I said with something else? What if I want it gone all together. We're not in grade school, I don't think it's right that we have to go "tell teacher" (aka mods/dl's/administrators/etc) that we don't want our postings publicly available. 

43 minutes ago, Bae said:

A forum mods job shouldnt be revising posts but to keep trolls from filling up the forums with shitposting and flaming. The capability to edit your post is a very normal thing and this is the first time I have seen a site like this without it. 

12e02444c9.jpg

Posted  Edited by Bae

If only you guys actually read my post, I never said they are there to correct your grammars and crap. The only people that actually edit other posts is if they're having trouble understanding, such as sometimes if not all the time dano gets mad if I put incorrect wording. There may be some people who will revised your wording a bit if you don't know how. All you have to do is pretty much ask if its okay for them to proofread what you're supposedly trying to say instead of starting an argument like the one right now. Because I'm 100% sure I did not say anything about correcting grammars or whatnot. All I said in basic words was that Forum Moderators are there to lock/hide/delete/move/sticky threads/posts that deemed to break the forum rules in which case is not available atm. Simple as that. If you post in the wrong section, report. If your solution is solved but doesn't know how to lock it or delete it, report it.

Edited by Bae

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Based_Matt
33 minutes ago, Bae said:

If only you guys actually read my post, I never said they are there to correct your grammars and crap. The only people that actually edit other posts is if they're having trouble understanding, such as sometimes if not all the time dano gets mad if I put incorrect wording. There may be some people who will revised your wording a bit if you don't know how. All you have to do is pretty much ask if its okay for them to proofread what you're supposedly trying to say instead of starting an argument like the one right now. Because I'm 100% sure I did not say anything about correcting grammars or whatnot. All I said in basic words was that Forum Moderators are there to lock/hide/delete/move/sticky threads/posts that deemed to break the forum rules in which case is not available atm. Simple as that. If you post in the wrong section, report. If your solution is solved but doesn't know how to lock it or delete it, report it.

I'm not trying to start an argument really. This post is mainly pertaining to deleting posts of your own. As in the only posts you can touch are ones that you created. By posts I mean topics, comments, status updates, etc. Not even editing. Just deleting. Also, I never mentioned anything about grammar? I think you are reading my post incorrectly, I could be wrong though. 

Edited by Based_Matt

5 hours ago, Bae said:

"Think before you post" - Wise ass person 

- Triggered -

Creative Team (GFX) 

Former Hide and Seek Manager 

Former Purge Admin

PM me for personal requests

Idk like it kinda sucks 2 suck unless you like sucking :B|:

Fᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤ

1 hour ago, Based_Matt said:

I'm not trying to start an argument really. This post is mainly pertaining to deleting posts of your own. As in the only posts you can touch are ones that you created. By posts I mean topics, comments, status updates, etc. Not even editing. Just deleting. Also, I never mentioned anything about grammar? I think you are reading my post incorrectly, I could be wrong though. 

I was mostly directing toward comrade and dan. But dan and I already discussed it privately.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements